Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all know it should end with Daniel ascending; Teal'c living out the rest of his life with Ry'ak; Bra'tac releasing his burden; Sam and Jack getting together (to pacify quite a number of you) and Hammond enjoying retirement.

Comment

I'm sure this has already been said, but no...they can't kill Jack...again. It would kill the chance for movies and future franchise opportunities. Not that RDA would necessarily have to come back for a spin-off, but if Jack is dead...well, then...he's dead. He doesn't have to be there. He just has to be "out there".
      Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
      O'Neill: Who doesn't?
      - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
      - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
      once done, cannot be undone...
      brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

This the most absurd thing I have ever seen. No, Jack shouldn't die, Thor shouldn't die, why would you even say that?I mean you are entitled to you opinion, as I am, and I think that this is just not right.

Comment

Some people want certain characters dead simply because the character exists. At least the ideas I'm seeing expressed here are non-malevolent and would be done for the purpose of furthering the plot and adding to character development. It isn't as if anyone is saying "Jack sucks! I hope he dies a grisly horrible death 'cause he deserves it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
            Killing Jack would really be killing the show . . . on purpose. I don't think the producers really want that to happen. Richard has been great on all seasons even though he lacked appearanced throughout season seven. If he does come off the show, not by death, I'm certain that he will make smaller appearances but killing him off is just really stupid
            On the other hand, if Jack was to "retire," I think he would go insane... always wondering if this was going to be the day that SGC screwed up and brought the world to an end.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

If RDA doesn't want to go into season 9, maybe the season finale for season 8 should be him going through the gate and getting stuck in some world we can't connect to again. Then he's gone in season 9 and we can rescue him again in time for the series finale.

Or maybe that would just be a little to X-Files-ish.

Comment

I love it, the idea of O'neill and Thor going out in style... Man those two have all the fun!

O'neill err I mean RDA wants to leave the show... its obvious that he wants to spend time with his kid, so let him, stop trying to drag him back and milk his character for one more series. This just sad because he wouldn't be 100% with it and you will hate him for not trying better.

I see a lot of comparisons here between RDA and William Shatner, both play strong leader characters in HUGE sci-fi shows and BOTH wanted out so many time and got pulled back. I think we should be kind and let them go... FOR GOD SAKE!!! LOL

In second thoughts I think O'neill should just retire and go off on a walkabout for an indefinite amount of time, that way he can return later on if he likes and if not then it will be just as good. You could merge the dying saving the world thing with this one and have he nearly killed by X,Y, or Z. And have O'neill so freaked out that he decides to call it a day and live his life instead of getting shot at, blown up, zatted and the likes. After all he's what? 50?

Comment

have him retire on that planet with that lady he was with for a couple of months.(lara was it?) she seemed nice. (no offence to sam/jack shippers i'm all for it!) but this way he wouldn't have to be in the show anymore. *sniiiiiff* i sure will miss him though. *sniff*

*LTSS.T.A.K.S
                  Christian Gaters Unite!|| One show down.... SAVE SGA!!!

Comment

Yeah and then he can go fishing every weekend with Thor in that little boat! LOL

Comment

LoL! oh...i wanna see that!!!

*LTSS.T.A.K.S

Comment

Originally posted by jpf190279
                        O'neill err I mean RDA wants to leave the show... its obvious that he wants to spend time with his kid, so let him, stop trying to drag him back and milk his character for one more series. This just sad because he wouldn't be 100% with it and you will hate him for not trying better.
                        RDA has gone on record as wanting to leave his options open. Besides that, whether or not TPTB kill Jack off (as in really-kill...not sort-of-kill) doesn't really have anything to do with whether or not RDA would actually come back to do a movie or whatever. It has to do with whether or not the character would live on..."out there"...in the ether...fishing, raising puppies, upsetting the balance of the universe, etc.
                        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                        once done, cannot be undone...
                        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

O'neill - Row row row your boat gentlely down the .....

*Thor beams into the boat*

Thor - O'neill I have brought you a gift.

O'neill - Hey Thor buddy a gift for me, you shouldn't have!

Thor - What was that song you was singing as I transported in?

*O'neill unwrapping his present in a starspangled wrapping and rainbow bow*

O'neill - What you mean row row row errr your boat....?

*Jack gives Thor one of I don't know what I'm saying looks*

Thor - Oh, Do you like your present O'neill?

*O'neill looks down into the small box, puts his hand in and and picks out a small yellow cube*

O'neill - Errrr yeah I guess, what is it?

Thor - A popular Asgard sweet.

*O'neill recalls Carter mentioning something of a warning about Asgard food*

Thor - Try one!

O'neill - Errrr I've just eaten my lunch Thor I'll keep them for tea tonight.

*Thor pulls a face, if you can call it that, O'neill realises he has hurt Thors feelings and decides to try one*

O'neill - Yum yum, grrrrkkk!

Thor - O'neill is everything ok?

*O'neill has put up with some of the worse torture technics in the world and some from other worlds, but none of them are as bad as how this sweet tastes*

O'neill - Looks Thor there a flying pike!

*Thor turns around to see what O'neill is pointing at, and to see what all the fuss is about. O'neill realising his trick as worked spits the vile sweet into the water*

Thor - I'm afraid I don't see anything O'neill are you sure you saw one?

O'neill - Yeah yeah it was like this big

*O'neill makes a big gesture with his hands*

Thor - O'neill there seems to be a lot of dead fish to the side of the boat!?

*O'neill turns to where he spat in the Asgard sweet*

O'neill - Guess they didn't like it either...

Thor - Like what?

O'neill - Err, the flying pike Thor!

*O'neill collects the dead fish, maybe he as a use for the Asgard sweets after all*

Comment

LOL! *claps* very cute! i wonder if the writers would use it...

*LTSS.T.A.K.S

Comment

Originally posted by jpf190279
                              Yeah and then he can go fishing every weekend with Thor in that little boat! LOL
                              That would be a great retirement for him. He is such good buddies with Thor, they'd have a great time.

I don't even want to contemplate the possibility of him d... I can't even say it.

Shelly
                              Shelly
                              My Photos
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hail_jack
                                Season 8 is supposed to be SG1's last season....if NOT how should season 9 or possibly even 10 end...i think the only fitting way it should end if Jack (and thor?) dies trying to save earth's a*s from the reps etc, etc what do you guys think?
                                Kill Thor?! <gets out his pitchfork and chases hail_jack>
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X