This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
    Are YOU looking for death threats? Beware the Gutter Gals....sheesh.
    Umm... I think hail_jack posted an idea and wanted to see what people thought of it. There were no death threats involved in ANY direction and the lack of emoticons in your post makes you sound like YOU are making threats. Maybe you should back off and cool down. Or add some emoticons, if you were kidding.

Comment

Incidentally (this is really bothering me, now), I never saw this post as being a "I want Jack to die!" thread, I saw it as a "Wouldn't it be an interesting way to end the series?" thread.

Most people are, of course, disagreeing. But thus far, everyone has been fairly well behaved about it.

Comment

Jack is going to die theres nothing any of us can do to stop it.

Its called old age. So unless Jack uses a sarc he's going to die, wether you want it to be an on-screen death or not is up to you.

All of them weill die eventually.
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

i'm not for this one way or another...it could be an interesting ending to the series, but i think too many people would be upset. it would be kinda neat to see an all out battle where jack and thor are at the front lines and at the end die, but it would be sad too...really really sad.

Daniel: No Jonas, I will NOT play pass the mustard with you.
          Jonas: What about pass the mayo?
          Daniel: ...okay, but dont tell Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Greesha
            i don't think they would actually kill him, because if he was really dead (unlike daniel) there wouldn't be any way to bring him back if the fans stopped watching.
            Don't they always say nobody ever really dies in science fiction...
            But I don't like the idea of Jack dying either... even the topic of this thread stunned me for a second.

Comment

Originally posted by Dramaqueen
              But I don't like the idea of Jack dying either... even the topic of this thread stunned me for a second.
              Surprised me, too. I thought someone had taken up my threat to start an anti-Jack thread. Still, this is probably the better idea, and you have to admit, the title draws attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                Its called old age. So unless Jack uses a sarc he's going to die, wether you want it to be an on-screen death or not is up to you.

All of them weill die eventually.
                Actually, this is not neccessarily true. It's one of the perks you get by being a fictional character... Immortality.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Surprised me, too. I thought someone had taken up my threat to start an anti-Jack thread. Still, this is probably the better idea, and you have to admit, the title draws attention.
                  Oh,it's drawn attention all right!!

Jack's possibly a "Sacred Cow" for a whole lot of fans,so it's good, IMO,that hail_jack started this Thread!

I can't see why Livi2Jack's remark is any worse than David 85's post.
                  (Except that there are no Smilies etc to soften what they typed.)

Surely they weren't "Serious" in any bad intent to hail_jack?

I can see why the "Emotion Smilies" are so valuable now!!
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                    I can't see why Livi2Jack's remark is any worse than David 85's post.
                    I wouldn't know. I don't read David85's replies anymore. What few posts of his I have seen were hostile and nasty. I don't need to see that, thanks just the same.

As for livi2jack, maybe it was meant as a light statement, but looking back on it, it still comes across as vaguely threatening and I don't see any call for such a reaction. Like I said, if it's a genuine warning to hail_jack about the potential for taking flak from his/her post, then it could have been worded a lot better. And if it was meant as a friendly joke, then some indication of that would help a lot.

Comment

Believe me,I agree about the need to SHOW they're joking!

No idea/comment about David 85's usual style,but I'm prepared to give Livi the benefit of the doubt,as I've read lighter postings by her in different Threads....

Maybe they'll post again or edit their remarks?

Or maybe not...

Absolutely no further comment about David 85! Been back to re-read and he's been "Snipped" already....... Sorry Mods!
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 31 May 2004, 09:18 PM.

Comment

First of all..thank you for all of your replies..especially the death threat...I am *terrifed* anyways..sorry about the question itself...it wasn't very clear I was really asking...would it be fitting if Jack was to die in the Season Finale of Season 9 or 10...of course..it would depend on numerous things...but Jack is and also has been the MAIN character/hero and therefore if the producers decide season 8/9/10/x to be the last one wouldn't it sum up everything Jack stands/stood for...through his death?

Thanks
                        Hail_Jack
                        Jackson: Hathor was the Egyptian goddess of fertility, inebriety, and music.
                        O'Neill: Sex, drugs, and rock and roll?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          I wouldn't know. I don't read David85's replies anymore. What few posts of his I have seen were hostile and nasty. I don't need to see that, thanks just the same.

As for livi2jack, maybe it was meant as a light statement, but looking back on it, it still comes across as vaguely threatening and I don't see any call for such a reaction. Like I said, if it's a genuine warning to hail_jack about the potential for taking flak from his/her post, then it could have been worded a lot better. And if it was meant as a friendly joke, then some indication of that would help a lot.
                          Hey guys, did you "get" the part of "the Gutter Gals...sheesh?"

Sheesh.

Trip on over to the RDA Drooling Thread II...and maybe, possibly, you will "get" it.

All hail The Gutter Gals.

& What the heck is a smilieicon or whatever?
                          Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

I think they should kill off Jack if RDA doesn't want to do season9. That would allow for some new blood and some interesting storylines.

Comment

I'm not to crazy about this idea. I've always been partial to allowing the "hero" to benefit from some of his/her hard won freedom. Sure it might be more "in character" to 'go down fighting', but I like happier endings.
                              ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                              The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
                                Hey guys, did you "get" the part of "the Gutter Gals...sheesh?
                                All hail The Gutter Gals.
                                & What the heck is a smilieicon or whatever?
                                I "got" the reference straight away! ( I can't speak for anyone else though)

These Smilies are the Emotion Icon Face things that come up to add to remarks when you want to reply to posts!

Like this or etc. Wish there was a "Sad" one . I could use it to sum up how I'd feel if Jack met a sticky end in Canon SG-1 in the future!

Comment

Working...
                                X