This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BAM
    In general..............they usually just say "Make it cool" more or less....not in those words, but........there are instances when the writers/directors ask for specific story points or a feel for a fight. I usually schedule, for a standard Atlantis fight, at least a 4 hour rehearsal for the actors/stunt people.The rehearsal is not on the same day as shooting. I find out when usually 3 days to a week before the actual shooting of the fight. Does that answer it for you?
    Not quite. I was wondering more about how much time you get to plan and choreograph the fights in the first place.

As in, how much time do you have from when they hand you the script for the first time until the cameras roll?
    sigpic
    http://www.nerdtests.com/ft_space.php

Comment

I was rewatching The Storm the other day and saw the Genii practicing their stick fighting and I was wondering if it's the same type of stick fighting that Teyla does. I know she usually uses two sticks, but she's used only one during Suspicion, so I got curious.

Thanks! *from someone who knows nothing at all about stick fighting*
      It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Hey BamBam! What kind of fights did you do on the Eragon set? Did you meet any of the actors?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
        Spoiler:

Comment

Hi Bambam!

What's up with all the kirking going on with Shepard, do you feel that the fans will continue to take the show seriously seeing that almost every other week?

Thanks a bunch!

Comment

In 'Grace Under Pressure', did David Hewlett do the underwater scenes or have a stuntperson?

Thank you for your reply.

Comment

Hey BamBam!

Just wondering if you could share anything with us about working on David Hewlett's new film. (Either here or in your blog) For example: What is it like working w/ David as a director instead of David the actor? Anything interesting on working with the Stargate cast outside the Stargate realm?

Yeah I know, that's 2 questions. Pick one and roll with hon.

Thanks!
              "You are a distraction who is permanently distracted."~ Ohhhhh...sparkly...
              "Well, we came, we saw, we got spanked."-Harper (Andromeda)
              Don't shake that. It's liable to blow up.~L.
              Ewww! What's that mess on the floor? I think my sanity just broke.
              "My ovaries are exploding with maternal instinct..." Partylikeits1984 on DH's character on Traders
              Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they have some pretty good ideas.
              Very smart people intimidate me. And turn me on. Do you see my problem in the dating game?~Aurore
              (Same boat. Small World. ~ r-h)

Comment

How about what you're doing in the film, are you acting or just doing stunt work? Are you getting to do different things in this film than in your fantasy genre work?
                It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                  On Ripple Effect, there's a scene where Mitchell is running down the hall and Teal'c clothes-lines him. Was this stunt performed by Ben or was it a stuntman?
                  I was not on the SG1 set that day, but if the Mitchell character ended up performing a 3/4 back..........it was probably a double........not that Ben is not fully capable of the stunt.......insurance purposes.....

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes
                    Not quite. I was wondering more about how much time you get to plan and choreograph the fights in the first place.

As in, how much time do you have from when they hand you the script for the first time until the cameras roll?
                    Anywhere from 1 week to 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                      I was rewatching The Storm the other day and saw the Genii practicing their stick fighting and I was wondering if it's the same type of stick fighting that Teyla does. I know she usually uses two sticks, but she's used only one during Suspicion, so I got curious.

Thanks! *from someone who knows nothing at all about stick fighting*
                      Completely different style..........if you watch Suspicion closely.....you will notice that her staff gets broken into two sticks...........................

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                        Hey BamBam! What kind of fights did you do on the Eragon set? Did you meet any of the actors?
                        Mostly sword work........some spear.......sword and sheild...........I worked with most of the leads except for Jeremy Irons and John M.............great fun on that set!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
                          Hi Bambam!

What's up with all the kirking going on with Shepard, do you feel that the fans will continue to take the show seriously seeing that almost every other week?

Thanks a bunch!
                          I would answer that but alas I have no idea what "kirking" is!!

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                            In 'Grace Under Pressure', did David Hewlett do the underwater scenes or have a stuntperson?

Thank you for your reply.
                            That was all David.....all the time!!

Comment

Originally posted by ra-hanna
                              Hey BamBam!

Just wondering if you could share anything with us about working on David Hewlett's new film. (Either here or in your blog) For example: What is it like working w/ David as a director instead of David the actor? Anything interesting on working with the Stargate cast outside the Stargate realm?

Yeah I know, that's 2 questions. Pick one and roll with hon.

Thanks!
                              David is both the director, and the lead actor so I get to experience both at once!! David knows exactly what he wants out of himself, performance wise, he knows what he wants to see on the monitor from the other actors, and he knows what he wants from the crew. I had nothing but fun on "A Dog's Breakfast". The script is very very funny, and everybody is constantly laughing on set at all times. I think that both Atlantis and SG1 fans will both love this film when its done. Our cast and crew are like family at this point so its like hanging out at home working with all involved.........very comfortable and relaxed atmosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
                                How about what you're doing in the film, are you acting or just doing stunt work? Are you getting to do different things in this film than in your fantasy genre work?
                                I am the stunt coordinator on the film.

Comment

Working...
                                X