This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
    Thank you so much......all correct. But....I get hit by cars, and get up walking all the time....what's not real about that?
    So this is why you had to get new hips!
    sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

BamBam please tell us about
      Spoiler:
      the fight scene in "The Greater Good", man Louis and Robert really going for it! I loved that whole confrontation between them, it looks so raw and natural. And let´s not forget the whole spacesuit action, how you guy´s filming stuff like that? The spacesuit walk and everything?
      sigpic

Comment

The Greater Good WAS SPECTACULAR!!! The performances in particular by Robert and Louis were amazing weren't they?

Stunt:

Spoiler:
        The Rush/Young fight scene -

Were there stunt doubles involved or was that Louis and Bobby the entire time 'cos I couldn't tell?

Cheers, webgurl
        Last edited by imwebgurl; 12 November 2010, 05:50 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

2. What's the height difference between the two actors and/or their stunt doubles? Does that make it trickier to choreograph the fight? Plus the characters aren't evenly matched in the fight, 'cos of Young's military training. Is it harder to stretch the fight out then? Compared to say the Young/Telford fight?

Cheers, webgurl
          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

I loved the choke hold thing (what is the official name of that move?). Why did you choose this to end the fight instead of a punch? Does Young's backstory include wrestling? It reminded me of Olympic wrestling...are you a fan?

Cheers, webgurl
            sigpic

Comment

One last thing for tonight:

Who chooses the camera angles in stunt scenes? Is that the director or do you work together in preparation?

I'm really looking forward to Malice - the teaser was WOW!!

Cheers, webgurl
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by helenw789 View Post
                Hi James

Here are the questions you told me ask here on Gateworld

1. How long does it roughly take you to put a stunt together?

2. How do you start planning a stunt?

3. Bet some of the fight scenes with alot of action & people in get complicated, How on earth do you Coordinate & Choreogragh them all?

H
                The rules in this forum are only one question per customer.....but let's see....

1. The time depends on what kind of stunt is in the script.

2. By first reading the script, the mind goes off on it's own to imagine what is possible....

3. Experience, experience, experience, and creativity. Some coordinators get overwhelmed with a larger fight sequence in the script....I just get excited.

Comment

Originally posted by helenw789 View Post
                  Hi James

Just thought of more questions for you, sorry!

1. What are the best & worst stunts you've done while you've been working on Stargate?

2. You've been an extra on a few episodes of the programme, would you actually like to be an actor? & if so what role would you love to play?

H
                  Again.....more than I can answer...

1. Too many to mention the best/favorite here....I have quite a few...it's been a whole bunch of years of shooting this show.....hundreds of episodes......so much on film....what's your favorite?

2. I have never been an extra on the show. That's not my job. I have been an actor, and a stuntman though. I started out as an actor, in the theatre when I was a teenager.....I thought about acting in film, but the urge to be a stuntman took over, and seemed more real to me. Here we are now.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxevilgrinxxx View Post
                    parking lots must terrify you
                    Not in the least.

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                      Thanks BamBam! The stunt in "Trial and Error"
                      Spoiler:
                      must have been uncomfortable for Brian to get pulled up 55 feet in the air? Apropos, after reading your answer I looking even more forward to see "The Greater Good"!
                      Brian loved every second of it......he kept saying..."I can't believe you're paying me for this!!!!" Greater Good was goodtimes.....

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
                        BamBam please tell us about
                        Spoiler:
                        the fight scene in "The Greater Good", man Louis and Robert really going for it! I loved that whole confrontation between them, it looks so raw and natural. And let´s not forget the whole spacesuit action, how you guy´s filming stuff like that? The spacesuit walk and everything?
                        Both the fight sequence, and the "Space Flight/Walk" took a day of rehearsal each...the fight took 4 hours, and the flying/wirework in the spacesuits took 6-8 hours. The fight was put together mentally, for me, quite early. From the first mention of the script, and several conversations with Carl Binder, Robert Carlyle, and Louis.....it was quite evident what I needed to accomplish. The stuntmen, and the actors involved were exhausted at the end of that day, for sure!!! The wirework was very complicated and involved the stunt department, the Special Effects Department, and the Visual Effects Department.....the talent to make those scenes all come together was amazing. I am very proud of the sequence, and all those who took part in it.

Comment

Originally posted by imwebgurl View Post
                          The Greater Good WAS SPECTACULAR!!! The performances in particular by Robert and Louis were amazing weren't they?

Stunt:

Spoiler:

Were there stunt doubles involved or was that Louis and Bobby the entire time 'cos I couldn't tell?

Cheers, webgurl
                          There were doubles for some of the fight......but the actors did it all themselves as well.....the footage used in the final cut of the episode was mostly the footage of the actors....about %98 of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
                            Both the fight sequence, and the "Space Flight/Walk" took a day of rehearsal each...the fight took 4 hours, and the flying/wirework in the spacesuits took 6-8 hours. The fight was put together mentally, for me, quite early. From the first mention of the script, and several conversations with Carl Binder, Robert Carlyle, and Louis.....it was quite evident what I needed to accomplish. The stuntmen, and the actors involved were exhausted at the end of that day, for sure!!! The wirework was very complicated and involved the stunt department, the Special Effects Department, and the Visual Effects Department.....the talent to make those scenes all come together was amazing. I am very proud of the sequence, and all those who took part in it.
                            And you guys really could be proud of that sequence, that looked really amazingly real.
                            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

2. What's the height difference between the two actors and/or their stunt doubles? Does that make it trickier to choreograph the fight? Plus the characters aren't evenly matched in the fight, 'cos of Young's military training. Is it harder to stretch the fight out then? Compared to say the Young/Telford fight?

Cheers, webgurl
                              The stunt doubles are the same general height/weight as the actors they are doubling. The fight played out as long as it needed to based on the environment, and the characters involved. Young's motivation was definately to do some damage to Rush, while Rush just wanted it all to end, and escape, so he could get back to the business at hand...ie...fighting is a waste of time in his eyes.

Comment

Spoiler:

I loved the choke hold thing (what is the official name of that move?). Why did you choose this to end the fight instead of a punch? Does Young's backstory include wrestling? It reminded me of Olympic wrestling...are you a fan?

Cheers, webgurl
                                Why would you choose a punch?

Comment

Working...
                                X