This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teknikal View Post
    Well...that was awesome!Throat shot (FTW BTW!) ,Choke hold and pistol whipping oh my!!
    Oh my is right!! Oh.....the goodtimes we have on SGU......

Comment

Originally posted by ciannwn View Post
      When I heard that SGU was going to have more action my first thought was a suspicious "What sort of action?". I've now watched 'Intervention' (I'm in the UK) and was relieved to see that the action continued to be realistic so I could believe in what went on. SGA, on the other hand, had a lot of what I class as 'over the top' action - it looks spectacular but a part of me is always thinking "This is silly because it could only happen in a TV show'. But then, SGA was that kind of TV show.

This doesn't mean I could never suspend disbelief where SGA was concerned. The Wraith in 'The Defiant One' was an alien living up to Beckett's statement that Wraith would be "bloody hard to kill". My top favourite SGA stories with action, though, were 'The Storm' and 'The Eye'.
      We strive for the realistic approach when it comes to SGU......SGA however....was pretty much the comic book approach......Both are just as fun to create!

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
        SPOILERS!!!!
        Spoiler:

Holy turd.. I mean.. Holy turd *head explodes* Incursion/Intervention/Aftermath is the best thing thats happened to SGU and one of the best things thats happened to SG in general! Awesome. That scene with Young beating that LA guys.... SOO well done. That scene was brutal!
        Thank you......all in a days beating.....

Comment

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
          Thank you......all in a days beating.....
          Just curious how in the world did you do that scene where Young is beating that guys head into the floor. It looked so real... And how did that guy not get hurt when Young picked him up and slammed him into the ground... there was no way to hide a crash mat for that shot. Your darn good at your job BamBam..... the whole scene looked disturbingly real.

Edit: Check this out.. thought you might get a laugh... I know its hard to see but look whats on the tee shirt.

http://yfrog.com/2fqpajj
          Last edited by major davis; 16 October 2010, 03:20 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Words cannot begin to describe how I felt after watching Aftermath. The episode left me absolutely heartbroken. Brilliant episode though. Truely shows me why I love SGU and why everyone should watch. You's continually keep making the show better and better and keep raising the bar for top notch programming. Kudos. Unfortunately as I said this episode left me heartbroken & emotionally drained.

Not sure if I'm ready for this weeks episode.....
            Last edited by SG7; 10 October 2010, 08:58 PM.
            My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
            "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
              Words cannot begin to describe how I felt after watching Aftermath. The episode left me absolutely heartbroken. Brilliant episode though. Truely shows me why I love SGU and why everyone should watch. You's continually keep making the show better and better and keep raising the bar for top notch programming. Kudos. Unfortunately as I said this episode left me heartbroken & emotionally drained.

Not sure if I'm ready for this weeks episode.....
              Not sure if your ready.. this episodes gonna rule!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                SPOILERS!!!!
                Spoiler:

That scene with Young beating that LA guys.... SOO well done. That scene was brutal!
                I.LOVED.THAT.PART ok that seems a lil ??(but then again it is me here!!) but I really do love the realism of the violence! its believable and brutally real;no 'lasers' etc just ol fashioned CQC

Comment

Another brilliant ep this week! Not sure I'm diggin the darker path SGU is taking this season. But we'll see how it goes. (spoiler tags outta respect for those in the UK)

Spoiler:
                  Now if those aliens were CGI, then I have to hand it to the VE guys! Cause that was the bomb! Just awesome! Each week I am seeing more and more why the show is as awesome as it is. I'll be curious to see how long it takes before someone discovers that Rush does have some control over the ship. And how was it that Rush was unconsious and suddenly up and about within minutes???

Oh and I know that the U.S got a 14% jump was it in the ratings. Any idea BamBam on the ratings numbers for Canada this week? And I wonder how that translates into actual viewers between both Canada and U.S?
                  My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                  "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Hi BamBam!

Another brilliant episode Friday! Everyone did an awesome job once again! Have to say though, I'm really not digging the much darker direction that the show is taking. Believe me James, I'm trying to dig it, but it's just not happening for me. Doen't mean I'm gonna stop watching cause I still love the show and wouldn't miss it. You's all do the most brilliant work on SGU that I wouldn't miss it for the world. And I'm always looking forward to each weeks episode.
                    Last edited by SG7; 25 October 2010, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Hi James!

I made it here! Does it make you happy?

Here goes: Cloverdale stunt

Spoiler:
                      I can't see a way of doing some of those angles w/out really hitting a guy with a car. Did you really hit him?

Actually were you driving?

And did he enjoy it?

Cheers, webgurl
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey BamBam,

Spoiler:
                        Did you co-ordinate the flamethrower scenes or is that more the Wray Douglas' area? I was wondering if you had difficulty with the wind or was that shot on a sound stage?

Cheers, webgurl
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey...me again

If you were writing/producing SGU how would it look?

Would you have had more action episodes in Season 1 or did you enjoy the build-up with dramatic episodes to Season 2?

I enjoyed it but would love to see a big fight sequence with Lieutenant James (more than the tussle she had w/ Scott)...something tells me she would kick major butt in a fight.

Cheers, webgurl
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow! Cloverdale was a brilliant episode James!!! That crap I said about it being too dark, you can just ignore me for saying that! Totally getting into it now. This episode was just absolutely amazing on soooo many levels. Can't wait to see next episode. But I gotta give you a huge kudos for: (spoiler tags as I know UK hasn't seen the ep yet!)

Spoiler:
                            That scene where Brian is hit by the car! That was something else! The way it was shot I can't possibly see how it was done with out him (or his stunt double as I'm sure you used his stunt double and not actually had Brian doing the stunt) being actually hit by the car!

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
                              Wow! Cloverdale was a brilliant episode James!!! That crap I said about it being too dark, you can just ignore me for saying that! Totally getting into it now. This episode was just absolutely amazing on soooo many levels. Can't wait to see next episode. But I gotta give you a huge kudos for: (spoiler tags as I know UK hasn't seen the ep yet!)

Spoiler:
                              That scene where Brian is hit by the car! That was something else! The way it was shot I can't possibly see how it was done with out him (or his stunt double as I'm sure you used his stunt double and not actually had Brian doing the stunt) being actually hit by the car!
                              I totally agree w/ you about the levels...on the face of it you have a character in peril/action episode but delve a little deeper and you're delving into Scott's psyche and the way he perceives the members of Destiny.

Spoiler:
                              I was particularly interested in the way he saw Eli as Chloe's brother. Brian told me before that Scott doesn't see Eli as a romantic threat. It rang true...David played the "betrayal" by Chloe wonderfully....the look on his face - perfect.

What does everyone think of Scott's perceptions compared to the way we perceive the characters?

Cheers, webgurl
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by imwebgurl View Post
                                Hi James!

I made it here! Does it make you happy?

Here goes: Cloverdale stunt

Spoiler:
                                I can't see a way of doing some of those angles w/out really hitting a guy with a car. Did you really hit him?

Actually were you driving?

And did he enjoy it?

Cheers, webgurl
                                Guy runs in front of a car....guy gets hit by the car.....guy rotates in the air until he finally hits the pavement. Scene. Brody stunt double driving....Scott stunt double taking the hit. Me....stunt coordinating the sequence, and staying the #$%@ out of the path of the car. A good stunt coordinator never puts himself in the scene without another stunt coordinator on set to watch his back. Yes....we REALLY hit him with the car....there was a loud THUMP!!!, and a dent in the hood, along with a broken headlight to show for it.....get yourself the season 2 blu-ray collection for Ivon Bartok's special feature coverage of the whole thing....For weeks afterword, every time I walked into the production office, someone would ask me,"is that guy who got hit by the car ok???!!! I thought he was dead!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X