X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2BAM View Post
    No....I did not know that.
    now you do

Oh, and there was also the bit of filming Vegas, you look great in the shot though kinda fuzzy, i could tell at first glance "THAT'S BAMBAM!" and my brother said "You mean Flintstones is back on the air?"

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by MylittleEli View Post
      Thanks for being the one to finally say it.... oh crap, i left the dog sled out front and forgot to tie it up.... gotta run!
      Ditto! One time honest to goodness I was asked how I got my mail as that person actually thought we lived in Igloos and drove dog sled teams. Needless to say I was speechless as to what to say after that.....

The afterthought that was everything I could do to not tell her...."Greyhound dogs are express mail and Husky's are regular mail"......

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
      now you do

Oh, and there was also the bit of filming Vegas, you look great in the shot though kinda fuzzy, i could tell at first glance "THAT'S BAMBAM!" and my brother said "You mean Flintstones is back on the air?"
      Wait! You were in Vegas? I'll have to go back and watch it and see if I can spot you!

Edit:Nevermind that last bit....had a brain fart.....

Oh and with me going through the thread and reading your posts, got me thinking you might like this that I found:

http://www.jackiechandesign.com/index.php
      Last edited by SG7; 13 January 2010, 09:04 PM.
      My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
      "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Originally posted by SG7 View Post
        Wait! You were in Vegas? I'll have to go back and watch it and see if I can spot you!
        No that was the picture of them filming with the report of "how we did it" or something

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
          No that was the picture of them filming with the report of "how we did it" or something
          Oh yeh, that's right too. My bad....
          My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
          "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

Hey James!

Not sure if you get the National Post but if you can get todays copy (Jan 14th) there is a great article on the front page of the arts and life section on Martial arts and guys like Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan. If you weren't able to get it and would like to see it let me know and I can scan the article for you

Comment

Wow! I guess I have good taste then if it is one of your favorites as well.

I was really impressed with how well you managed to get that scene to turn out all while keeping her condition in mind. And of course you can't even tell where it was her and where it was her double of course. And looking at the scene it looked like it was one of the more intense ones compared to most of the others I've seen. It was extremely well done. Kudos to you!.....Knowing her condition, was it any more difficault to choreograph or take any more longer than normal to choreograph?

And yeh I have to agree that timing is everything. All too often I've seen a fight scene for a show and you can see for instance a blow going to someones head, and their head moving a mere second or two before the blow hits. That kind of stuff had really turned me off of a lot of fight stuff I'd see. However with Stargate, I actually love everything I've seen.

I'll have to check that out. I think I may have seen it once in glancing through stuff but as I am enjoying fight scenes more and more it will be good to take a good watch of it.
              I had a great time putting together the fights for this episode, mainly because multiple opponent fights are my favorite!! I love them the most. One of the sequences was 1 against 3 and the next one was 1 against 5......I attempted to create a very tightly timed performance for both. Once I was advised on Rachel's condintion, I went to work with the double knowing what I was up against....it made it easier, because I didn't have to think about what Rachel was capable of. I knew her limits, and assumed everything else would be the double. Surprising though, Rachel ended up performing most of the fight herself....just at a slightly slower speed, and not quite as close with some of the weapon swipes, and ducks.

Comment

Originally posted by princess awinita View Post
                now you do

oh, and there was also the bit of filming vegas, you look great in the shot though kinda fuzzy, i could tell at first glance "that's bambam!" and my brother said "you mean flintstones is back on the air?"
                lol!!

Comment

Hey Bam! just thought that I'd take a break from the long reading of these pages. And just noticed that I for the first time was on at the same time as you, so thought I'd just say Hi!

Actually reading these pages is more interesting than you give yourself credit. Even with the duplication of questions. I'm actually taking notes periodically where I do see questions asked multiple times. And maybe get an FAQ toether that can be put at the beginning of the thread.....Then again 285 pages.....it may take a while....a really long while

Hope you're having a good night.

Comment

I had a great time putting together the fights for this episode, mainly because multiple opponent fights are my favorite!! I love them the most. One of the sequences was 1 against 3 and the next one was 1 against 5......I attempted to create a very tightly timed performance for both. Once I was advised on Rachel's condintion, I went to work with the double knowing what I was up against....it made it easier, because I didn't have to think about what Rachel was capable of. I knew her limits, and assumed everything else would be the double. Surprising though, Rachel ended up performing most of the fight herself....just at a slightly slower speed, and not quite as close with some of the weapon swipes, and ducks.
                    Well I honestly couldn't notice anything different than any other fight scene I've seen her doing. And wow! She did most of that one herself??? That's impressive! Then again I think that she was absolutely brilliant in all the fight scenes I saw her in on SGA. She made all her fight scenes look so effortless and real....

For the episode I saw an interview or something where it was either her or Jewel who said that it was really cold the day it was been shot. That must not have been fun for anyone.

I have rewatched this episode sooo many times. (Yeh my favorites tend to get watched a few too many times).....I could keep discussing this episode because of how much I love it, but I think I'd better stop for now so I don't start to bore you.....

Comment

I vote for jason momoa for conan.....are you kidding??!!! Of freakin' course!!!

Comment

I vote for jason momoa for conan.....are you kidding??!!! Of freakin' course!!!

Hey James!

Not sure if you get the National Post but if you can get todays copy (Jan 14th) there is a great article on the front page of the arts and life section on Martial arts and guys like Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan. If you weren't able to get it and would like to see it let me know and I can scan the article for you
                        Just checked the post's website to see if the article was there and found it:

http://www.nationalpost.com/arts/story.html?id=2439230

Also found this while I was at it (this article has an awesome pic of Jackie Chan):

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/b...ckie-chan.aspx

And this:
                        http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=2438007
                        Last edited by SG7; 15 January 2010, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Ditto! One time honest to goodness I was asked how I got my mail as that person actually thought we lived in Igloos and drove dog sled teams. Needless to say I was speechless as to what to say after that.....

The afterthought that was everything I could do to not tell her...."Greyhound dogs are express mail and Husky's are regular mail"......

Edit:Nevermind that last bit....had a brain fart.....

Oh and with me going through the thread and reading your posts, got me thinking you might like this that I found:

http://www.jackiechandesign.com/index.php
                          Hey!!! Thanx for the Jackie Chan site!! It's great!! Funny enough....on the back of one of his T-Shirts he has an international logo section....Stunts Canada is at the top!! I was very proud as I am the current President of Stunts Canada.....I love the designs he has, and will probably be ordering a bunch!!

Comment

frickin love this site!!! love the tshirts!!..hmmmm may order one(big box of them!!)

Comment

Hey!!! Thanx for the Jackie Chan site!! It's great!! Funny enough....on the back of one of his T-Shirts he has an international logo section....Stunts Canada is at the top!! I was very proud as I am the current President of Stunts Canada.....I love the designs he has, and will probably be ordering a bunch!!
                              Eh, no worries As I have been reading through these pages I noticed that you are a fan of his along with a few others. And thought that you might like enjoy that. I'll have to go and take a closer look myself, as I didn't see that they had one for SC. I always find interesting stuff like that on the net. One of my favorite sites for ordering stuff like T-shirts and other interesting items is cafepress.com. And for kicks (I guess pun intended) , I did a search on Martial arts T-shirts and came up with this:

http://t-shirts.cafepress.ca/martial-arts

And coincidentially the one National Post article that was in yesterdays paper, I decided to look it up so that I could link it for ya and just happened to find those other two while I was at it. Give you a liitle bit to enjoy reading.

You're prez of SC.....that's cool.

Anyway I'm down visiting my mother and told her I'd play cards with her so gotta run for now
                              Last edited by SG7; 15 January 2010, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by teknikal View Post
                                frickin love this site!!! love the tshirts!!..hmmmm may order one(big box of them!!)
                                I'm large, by the way....lol!!

Comment

Working...
                                X