This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys

I have sent a message to BamBam, asking him his preferences on how he'd like this thread run and how he wants questions handled. I'll let you know what his answer is.

However, for the time being, let's remember his position in the crew. He choreographs the fight scenes. He doesn't write the show. He may not even see the script beyond the pages that are pertinent to his job. and even if he does, it's very possible that he's bound by the same rules as the cast when it comes to revealing spoilers, they can't.

Let's confine posts to questions only please. Or responses to his questions. No editorializing.

People that disregard this post are gonna find themselves experiencing the wonderful world of moderation.

Whenever i hear from BamBam, i'll let you guys know what the guidelines are and we'll go from there
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey BamBam.

I was wondering when you will be visiting the uk next?

I run, what is to my knowledge, the 1st yahoo group dedicated solely to you and I would like to keep tabs on all your upcoming convention appearances in the calender section, so that your fans will be able to see where they can meet you.

Plus... I really wanna meet you!!!!!!
      The Official Robin Dunne Website

Brian-J-Smith.Com

HenryFossAddicts.Com

Comment

Originally posted by shelma32
        Who doesn't

Bam Bam-
        So far this season (from the eps that have already aired) has there been a standout stunt that you could call your favorite. Whether you really enjoyed choreographing it and brining it to life, or whether you think it just turned out amazing?

Comment

Originally posted by 4prettierships
          Who doesn't
          lol!!... true!!!!

Everyone is welcome to join the group........... including you 2bam!!! (ofcourse!!!)

Brian-J-Smith.Com

HenryFossAddicts.Com

Comment

Hey BamBam.

I was wondering when you will be visiting the uk next?

I run, what is to my knowledge, the 1st yahoo group dedicated solely to you and I would like to keep tabs on all your upcoming convention appearances in the calender section, so that your fans will be able to see where they can meet you.

I have started a thread on the Wolf Events site messageboard here to get BamBam invited to Pegasus 2 in london in February. If you and other fans want to meet BamBam maybe you could post there too? You have to register first but that is easy! You could also send them an e-mail!

I know BamBam would like to come and meet us all - but he needs to be invited!

Comment

Originally posted by SLC
              I have started a thread on the Wolf Events site messageboard here to get BamBam invited to Pegasus 2 in london in February. If you and other fans want to meet BamBam maybe you could post there too? You have to register first but that is easy! You could also send them an e-mail!

I know BamBam would like to come and meet us all - but he needs to be invited!
              I posted there!!!!

Hopefully he will be invited

Brian-J-Smith.Com

HenryFossAddicts.Com

Comment

I posted there!!!!

Hopefully he will be invited

Fantastic!!!!!

Comment

How much do you consult with the writers and directors when choreographing a stunt sequence? Do they leave you to your own devices or storyboard what they want to see and how they want the scenen to 'feel'?

Comment

Hiya, new to this thread. How are you Bambam...?! My questions relate minutely with the question above by SallyLizzie...

If there happens to be any story for Teyla in S4---is it possible for you to put in some ideas? I ask this because I was wondering if in future we might get some parkour. No weapons needed, just lots of agility and upper body strength. I ask because, we see a bit of this agility and plyometric ability in Rising 2 (when she jumps 3ft in the air), although it may have been aided by strings. We also see aspects of her agility in her fighting scenes with John or the Wraith and in Condemned, and of course with Ronon, throughout S2.

Personally, it would just be cool to see a female traceur...I'm in training to try to become a traceur----and it's definitely not easy, I'm giving myself a year to two (just to get the basics), and as a female it's bloody disconcerting; I feel like the only one trying it! It would rock to see her do some of the tricks and she'd just bloody pwn!! Actually, if the creators of SGA can get David Belle as a wraith to fight Teyla would rock as well!!

Although, I would still like to see more of her figthing with staves or in the Wing Tsun style (interpretation of what I see on screen, I could be incorrect) we see in Lost Boys/The Hive, which I have to say is great choreography; I was wondering if you'd give us a bit extra taking from Rising 2, as previously mentioned. Also, will we get a chance to see any of the fighting styles from Suspicion and Lost Boys in later eps this season?!

+ = Teyla in a McSheppard Pie
                    Apparently she doesn't like it!!
                    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Hey again BamBam!

I have a silly question - is it easier to break wood or tiles with a palm strike? We would always have this debate in Tae Kwon Do but we never got to try tiles - always wished I could have. (Must confess I was very chicken when it came to breaking the wood and just used to kick it till it snapped...)

Cheers!
                      ***THIS SPACE FOR RENT***

Comment

Originally posted by Presley_Carter
                        Hey again BamBam!

I have a silly question - is it easier to break wood or tiles with a palm strike? We would always have this debate in Tae Kwon Do but we never got to try tiles - always wished I could have. (Must confess I was very chicken when it came to breaking the wood and just used to kick it till it snapped...)

Cheers!
                        I liked breaking tiles!

BamBam, do you have a preferred style of kick or punch that you like to use more than another?

Lovebar made by natz099
                        My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

I was so MAD! I was shown all these awesome training videos with guys jumping three or so metres into the air and thought **this is gonna be sweet** but NOOO....*cough* anyhoo - will stop monopolising the thread..........now.
                          ***THIS SPACE FOR RENT***

Comment

Originally posted by Presley_Carter
                            I was so MAD! I was shown all these awesome training videos with guys jumping three or so metres into the air and thought **this is gonna be sweet** but NOOO....*cough* anyhoo - will stop monopolising the thread..........now.
                            If it's about the traceur training I mentioned. Yeah, it's a bit off...I get the impression, sometimes, it's a sport not meant for women to excel. I guess we could until, we reach puberty---and then we face aerodynamic issues---especially considering I'm heavily endowed on top. Ugh, I'm still trying, and I'm a little old, luckily I'm a bit fearless. Pain is rarely on my mind until the next morning.

I saw your question about palm strike, I thought it was actually more of a strike through the heel of your palm, ie the lower end of your hand?! There's massive power there when your able to focus your chi energy. I think the idea is focus and any part of your body generates the power necessary to break cement rather than wood.

Just threw in my two cents, I'm sure BB has a better idea.
                            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Greetings from Hungary!

It's nice of you to answer our questions. Oh and you did a suberb work on the Stargate episodes so far.

I think the Asurans are awesome villains (although in Common Ground the Wraith was a really interesting character). Did you have a lot of work with them in e.g. the Return two-parter or will you have in the season finale?

Thx.
                              sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Dear James,
                                As an employee of such a big franchise do you receive any PR training in how to handle fans (eta - and how to respond to them)?
                                Last edited by Skydiver; 05 September 2006, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X