*rolls eyes*

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Haha
      "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

Yup, and what about Rainbow Six????

Nah, just kiddin, the SAS are prolly the best.

Comment

Jack wasn't a pararescuer. He was in Air Force Special Operations Command. Several times it has been said he was in SpecOps and in the episode with "mini-Jack" there was an AC-130 gunship pilot who served with/under Jack. AC-130s belong to AFSOC. This is different than PJ's and CCT's, although it includes them. AFSOC

Comment

Originally posted by KingKha
            o'neill uses the p-90, carter uses something else, i just cant remember what is called
            If I remember correctly, Carter uses a gun that doesnt actually exist. It's a mix of a couple different guns.
            "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff
              Jack wasn't a pararescuer. He was in Air Force Special Operations Command. Several times it has been said he was in SpecOps and in the episode with "mini-Jack" there was an AC-130 gunship pilot who served with/under Jack. AC-130s belong to AFSOC. This is different than PJ's and CCT's, although it includes them. AFSOC
              Hmmm.... I see where you are going with this! It would explain a few things, like why Jack pilots the X-301 & X-302, however I had a different take on that scene in Fragile Balance.

You are right that PJ's and CCT's are encompassed in AFSOC. The AC-130 gunship is a great airplane which is used alot in special operations in which they need alot of firepower to suppress an enemy force.

However I had always pictured that Jack was running some ground ops and had got into trouble and needed air support. They called in HQ and along comes Lt. Colonel Harlan Beck to the rescue with all of the AC-130's firepower providing evacuation for Jack and his men.

Colonel O'Neill looked up the man who had saved his butt a few times and learned that "he was a standup guy". As he stated in Fragile Balance.

However I see your point, but that would not explain why Jack would be asked to lead a reconnassiance team through the stargate the first time. Or why they would keep him on as the flag team's Commanding Officer if he was a pilot and not experienced in ground combat. We have always been given the impression that Jack is very skilled operator in Spec Ops. Leading SG Teams and is a very good shot. So if you can explain away this detail, I would be more than willing to hear you out!

Ace
              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Working...
              X