This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

special forces

does anyone know what is the name of the air force special forces?? the navy has the seals, the marines have recon, the army has the rangers and green berets and etc. and plus why dont the seals or rangers have their own team??? i know some military stuff, and i dont really ever hear a lot of the air force spec ops.
    "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Originally posted by KingKha
    does anyone know what is the name of the air force special forces?? the navy has the seals, the marines have recon, the army has the rangers and green berets and etc. and plus why dont the seals or rangers have their own team??? i know some military stuff, and i dont really ever hear a lot of the air force spec ops.
    Combat Search and Rescue - pretty bad*** dudes at that

Comment

Yup they are the most respected Special Forces in the world, when a seal team gets into trouble they have to get them out!

Comment

thats pretty cool, but still doesnt really answer why there are the marines (which to me seems like regular soldiers) but not the green berets or rangers
        "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

I don't understand your question. Why are there marines?

Comment

Originally posted by FixxxeR
            I don't understand your question. Why are there marines?
            Im not say why there are marines, but where are the special forces from the other military groups. the marines arent special forces like the air force search and rescue are. im not knocking the marines or anything, but i thought that all of the sg teams were special forces
            "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

If you want to get technical the Marines are the United States largest special forces unit. The marines were originally navy special forces, but now with over 170,000 soldiers, they are their own branch.

Comment

Originally posted by FixxxeR
                If you want to get technical the Marines are technically the United States largest special forces unit. The marines were originally navy special forces, but now with over 170,000 soldiers, they have are own branch.
                thanks, that clears some of it up
                "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

Also I don't think all the SG teams have to be special forces do they? Cause Daniel obviously isn't and I don't believe Carter was in special forces either.

Comment

i guess you are right about that. i just thought because the teams are a 4 person team then they would want them to be specially trained for any situation
                    "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

Carter might well be special forces. The USAF consider technical companies like Combat Weather (have barometer, will travel) as Special Forces, and presumably the SGC is pretty damned special all by itself. The Marines in SG-3 (and 5, I think) are probably Force Reconnaissance or something.
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

There are two different kinds of Air Force special forces, they are the least known out of all of them. There are the Pararescuemen AKA PJ's who are usually sent in when a pilot either crashes or is shot down. These are the guys who bring them back safely. They are well educated in medical equipment and use inorder to bring them back alive.

Secondly there are the Combat Controllers, which are usually used several days before a planned invasion in which they establish assualt and landing zones for the first wave of troops coming in. They perform these kinds of missions.

They are also put into teams called Special Tactics...there is simply way too much information about these guys to go into! However if you want to learn more about Combat Controllers and Pararescuemen then visit the USAF's Unofficial Special Tactics website.

It's located at http://www.specialtactics.com

My personal belief is that both O'Neill and Kawalsky were Pararescuemen. I have a few bits of evidence to support this.

One, in the Gamekeeper they were sent into extract a Russian officer. This is ALONG the lines of what a Pararescuemen would do. Albeit loosely. Secondly, when we first meet Rya'c (I forget what the name of the episode is) Colonel O'Neill correctly deducts that Rya'c is suffering from Scarlet fever. Which would indicate he had medical training, such as a PJ would have!

Hope I helped!

Ace
                        "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

that was very helpful, thanks for all the info. are you some kinda air force spec ops junkie or something though??
                          "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                            There are two different kinds of Air Force special forces, they are the least known out of all of them. There are the Pararescuemen AKA PJ's who are usually sent in when a pilot either crashes or is shot down. These are the guys who bring them back safely. They are well educated in medical equipment and use inorder to bring them back alive.

Secondly there are the Combat Controllers, which are usually used several days before a planned invasion in which they establish assualt and landing zones for the first wave of troops coming in. They perform these kinds of missions.

They are also put into teams called Special Tactics...there is simply way too much information about these guys to go into! However if you want to learn more about Combat Controllers and Pararescuemen then visit the USAF's Unofficial Special Tactics website.

It's located at http://www.specialtactics.com

My personal belief is that both O'Neill and Kawalsky were Pararescuemen. I have a few bits of evidence to support this.

One, in the Gamekeeper they were sent into extract a Russian officer. This is ALONG the lines of what a Pararescuemen would do. Albeit loosely. Secondly, when we first meet Rya'c (I forget what the name of the episode is) Colonel O'Neill correctly deducts that Rya'c is suffering from Scarlet fever. Which would indicate he had medical training, such as a PJ would have!

Hope I helped!

Ace
                            Yup, and notice the O'Neill in parachute gear getting ready to get on a plane picture at his home!

Comment

Well if you want to get technical the Rangers aren't really special forces; they're special operations. It's a small but slight differnce; manly in the outline of what missions they would undertake. Also, the other Army special forces group would be Delta; they deal mostly with anti-terrorism. Just FYI

Comment

Working...
                              X