This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingKha
    that was very helpful, thanks for all the info. are you some kinda air force spec ops junkie or something though??
    Sorta! I'm very interested in all the Special Forces the US Military has to offer. And it just so happens I am a Cadet in the USAF and have had to do several briefings on the capabilites of Air Force Special Operations. I just gave you a quite overview with a link for more information if you are interested.

I'll leave you with a little known fact! If any of you have ever seen the move Black Hawk Down, in addition to the Army Rangers and Delta Force (Which officially don't exist! ) there were infact several Air Force Combat Controllers on the ground and in the air, coordinating the helicopters so that they could fire on the Somolians attacking them.

In addition, if you remember the scene were two medics were inside the helicopter treating the pilots while the Rangers were fighting outside. The two men were Air Force Pararescumen. They were awarded medals for their bravery.

Very few people know that the Air Force has a Special Operations, and if you ask any one of those men they would tell you that's how they like it!

Ace
    "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ice^^Heat
      Yup they are the most respected Special Forces in the world, when a seal team gets into trouble they have to get them out!
      Actually you're wrong there...

The most respected special force in the world is the SAS (Special Air Service) They are selected form the elite of the Royal Air Force, Royal Navy and British Army. These guys are trained to do everything, they are so secret they cannot reveal that they are SAS to anyone or show their faces on TV. These guys went head to head with the US delta force in a combat competition and the delta force was embaressed.

For one example, the two teams did a run with full equipment, the Deltas gave up and the SAS did double what the deltas did.

Then they did war scenarios, each team was to keep control of a building whilst the other attacked.

The SAS was in and out withing 30 minuts, the Deltas took hours over it.

No one can beat the SAS. Trust me on that.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

if they're so secret then how do you know? huh?

Comment

The personel are secret, everyone knows about the organisation.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Not the organization but the games i have my doubts they would actually do competitions between delta and sas and release the results like its the olympics or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
              Sorta! I'm very interested in all the Special Forces the US Military has to offer. And it just so happens I am a Cadet in the USAF and have had to do several briefings on the capabilites of Air Force Special Operations. I just gave you a quite overview with a link for more information if you are interested.

I'll leave you with a little known fact! If any of you have ever seen the move Black Hawk Down, in addition to the Army Rangers and Delta Force (Which officially don't exist! ) there were infact several Air Force Combat Controllers on the ground and in the air, coordinating the helicopters so that they could fire on the Somolians attacking them.

In addition, if you remember the scene were two medics were inside the helicopter treating the pilots while the Rangers were fighting outside. The two men were Air Force Pararescumen. They were awarded medals for their bravery.

Very few people know that the Air Force has a Special Operations, and if you ask any one of those men they would tell you that's how they like it!

Ace
              Thats news to me, thanks again for the info. and since you are in cadet school im pretty sure that you see the weapons that they have there. my question is are the weapons that they use on the show even somewhat similiar to what they use in real life? carter's gun for example looks like its been juiced up with some roids'.
              "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

Originally posted by KingKha
                Thats news to me, thanks again for the info. and since you are in cadet school im pretty sure that you see the weapons that they have there. my question is are the weapons that they use on the show even somewhat similiar to what they use in real life? carter's gun for example looks like its been juiced up with some roids'.
                Which gun? The P-90?

Comment

Originally posted by FixxxeR
                  Which gun? The P-90?
                  o'neill uses the p-90, carter uses something else, i just cant remember what is called
                  "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

Not the organization but the games i have my doubts they would actually do competitions between delta and sas and release the results like its the olympics or something.
                    Yes, but if you check my profile you'll see I'm a Sergeant in the RAF Cadets, this brings me close to people who know people who know people about this kind of thing.

**Please note, RAF Cadets, aka Air cadets do not serve as the same way US Cadets might do. There;s no commitment to join the forces after cadet training is up at the age of 21.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

[off topic]
                      Am I correct? There are a whole lot of Military (especially Air Force) people watching Stargate?? Like guest books and reviews and stuff their are some who sign their message with : Airman 1steclass bladibla you know. Must be an Airman then....

And here on this forum in this discussion military ppl too.

And General from the Air Force being on Stargate, any other TV-Series got real generals on it???

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                        Yes, but if you check my profile you'll see I'm a Sergeant in the RAF Cadets, this brings me close to people who know people who know people about this kind of thing.

**Please note, RAF Cadets, aka Air cadets do not serve as the same way US Cadets might do. There;s no commitment to join the forces after cadet training is up at the age of 21.
                        does the fact that since you (flying officer bennet) reside in england have anything to do with your belief that the SAS are the best?
                        "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

Originally posted by Ice^^Heat
                          [off topic]
                          Am I correct? There are a whole lot of Military (especially Air Force) people watching Stargate?? Like guest books and reviews and stuff their are some who sign their message with : Airman 1steclass bladibla you know. Must be an Airman then....
                          they are proud of who they are. i would do it too if i was in the military
                          "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

I'm not one of those people. America has the best sport... I mean God bless NHL!!!!!
                            And there are plenty of other places that I can admit have better things than the UK... BUT the SAS is world recongnised as being the worlds best. These guys are the ones who do James Bond style rescues and things. They handle terrorist hostages in sky scrapers, they are dropped right into enemy lines and "live" as a "civilian" whilst covertly gathering information... They're the key line of defence.

Incidentally, the Flying Officer bit is just a screen name I like, it comes from another board where I was involved in Fanfics and it was my character. Cadet Sergeant is my real rank.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Thats just because the American group that is superior to SAS is still classified stargate style

Comment

Thats just because the American group that is superior to SAS is still classified stargate style
                                GOOD ANSWER
                                "KEEP ON KEEPING ON"

Comment

Working...
                                X