• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've said it once and i'm going to keep saying it

if possiable make the polls on the main page only able to vote once
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Hmm...so many changes...

Shall I start the "Anti-Gateworld 2.0", "Pro-Gateworld 2.0" and "Gateworld 2.0 General Discussion" threads?

Comment

Is nothing sacred?

Comment

Are you guys making sure the website is built according to the web standards so that it will display correctly with alternative browsers as well? (Opera, Firefox, to mention a few prominent names).

Thanks.

Comment

Yes. And since Firefox is my primary browser, it'll actually be best viewed there.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Huh?
              So you make the website the most compatible with the browser you prefer to use?

I see two errors there, can you spot them as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                Yes. And since Firefox is my primary browser, it'll actually be best viewed there.
                Cool, that great news Darren (since I use Firefox, too).
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FatalDreams
                  Huh?

I can't. It's his site dude.

Comment

Originally posted by FatalDreams
                    Huh?

Well, since Darren is the owner of Gateworld, he can do what he wants to the site, therefore I see absolutely no errors to his thinking.
                    sigpic

Comment

Plus Firefox rules Can't wait for the new design (how sad is that!)
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

We'll be sure that the site is optimized for as many users as possible. Don't worry about not having Firefox. IE, Netscape, Opera, any major browser will do you fine.
                        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by David
                          Is nothing sacred?

Errrrrrr...apparently not...

Would be willing to beta...if you are looking for volunteers...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Woot! Firefox optimisation is great, as I have Mozilla.

Comment

Firefox rules the Internet. Internet Explorer bites ! Someone who doesn't agree with my statement should try to look up some information. Microsoft admits that they made an error not updating Internet Explorer. Even now with the release of Internet Explorer 7 won't be as good as Firefox. Microsoft admits that ! They even bought stuff from Firefox. You might notice the orange square where the URL is. They bought that too ! It is a nifty feature.
                              Lord Zedd

Comment

Darren, will you be testing the final version of 2.0 in multiple browsers, just for testing purposes? I use Firefox when I'm on the PC, but on the Mac, I prefer Safari. I have Firefox on there, too, but I was just wondering.
                                __

__

Comment

Working...
                                X