X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by duffarama
    This is an GateWorld exclusives idea:
    I am very disappointed regarding the lack of comments recieved on the forums for the interviews. When you update the website, there should be a more intuative way of attracting discussion for GateWorld exclusives. It could be a simple as creating a reply script integrated with the forums.
    I have my enjoyed listening/watching the interviews, but not enough from GateWorld's members have given them reward and justice. The main site needs to be a 'compliment' as persae with the forums.
    The interviews get more feedback in other threads than you might think, especially in the Characters and Relationships forum.

Comment

Originally posted by David
      Well I've always looked at it this way: If you feel moved enough to say something about one of our pieces, then do. If you don't, then don't worry about it. On our end the traffic reports speak for themselves. And let's just say that Darren and I are quite pleased.

I will be discussing this matter with him when we meet in person this week.
      Thanks David and Trialla for your feedback. Glad to see that all your hard work is paying off then... in a non-obvious manner. (ie. character threads and traffic reports )
      All seems well it looks like!

Comment

Well, you could ask someone else if you wanted a specific banner. I'm sure the mods have enough to do with maintaining the actual site than creating extra linkage codes.

I'm not going to say you could ask me, because I'm working on a banner for someone at the moment, but otherwise..!

Comment

All suggestions are welcome (and coveted). If you hate something we're doing now, we want to hear why. Any criticism of what we are currently doing needs to be constructive if it's going to be of any help as we rework the site. Also, be prepared for the fact that for one reason or another we may decide not to change it.

Our primary hope from this thread is to find what you think the site is missing and should be added, and what you like but should be changed in some way -- not only in terms of content, but also the site's layout and architecture.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Could you move the departments thing somewhere else (maybe along the bottom) and make more room for the features? Or put the departments near the top and move those "other show" bits to the bottom. That keeps the emphasis on Stargate.

Comment

The Departments menu will be eliminated in the next incarnation of the main page.

Comment

I actually like the main page and don't find anything missing. However, one thing that always bugs me is when interviews and things are posted months after they were taken so the interview isn't timely any more. I understand everyone has lives and are busy, but I get the sense that interviews, and even news sometimes, is held back until the fall when new eps aren't on the air. I just find it annoying to read a "new" interview in October that was given at the con in March.

Also, I don't think we ever did get a good con report last year from Vancouver. I remember some kind of overview, but it didn't have anything more than the bare bones of who was on stage. All of the great information from the guests I had to glean from other people, and it was sporadic and probably very incomplete.

So I guess my big thing would just be timeliness of information on the main page.

Comment

Good feedback, thanks. We definitely did not intend to hold some interviews so long last year; it was just a product of too much great material and too few man hours. This year we expect to come home with even more material, but we have some new measures in place that should help us crank them out faster. It will still take months to get through them all, but hopefully not nine months.

Do keep your eyes on the site this week for some very special convention coverage! I'll be interested to hear what people think.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                    Good feedback, thanks. We definitely did not intend to hold some interviews so long last year; it was just a product of too much great material and too few man hours. This year we expect to come home with even more material, but we have some new measures in place that should help us crank them out faster. It will still take months to get through them all, but hopefully not nine months.
                    Can we hope for a video interview with Claudia Black this year?

Comment

Do keep your eyes on the site this week for some very special convention coverage!
                      Isn't that what you said last year?

I hope the new system works, 'cause I gotta agree, the time frame for getting stuff from print to web is very long in a lot of cases.

Comment

Can I make a request about convention coverage? Last year, as I recall, most of the GW coverage was more of an overview of who was a guest and what they talked about. For instance, it might say that MS talked about the new season. But then there would be nothing on what he actually said about the new season! So it would be a tease only, and there wouldn't be any actual content.

So my request would be for specific details on what the guests talk about. I'm not saying that I want a trascript of everything they said, or to hear that funny story about when they worked with so and so on an ep of Andromeda, or whatever. I'm talking specific details about what they say about the new season or the old season, working with various castmember, etc. I hope I'm making sense.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                          Can I make a request about convention coverage? Last year, as I recall, most of the GW coverage was more of an overview of who was a guest and what they talked about.
                          I think that's because- theoretically- we were supposed to get a more in-depth report later on... it simply never materialized, meaning all anyone ever got was a very brief sketch of things and then whatever details they could glean from fan-written con reports and blog entries.

I know Shipperahoy is gonna be at the convention, so even if D&D don't dish any details, you can bet she'll tell all in her GW blog. I'll make sure she does.

Comment

Our goal is to go somewhat into detail about most of the stage presentations. If you've peeked at the home page today, you'll see a hint of what we're doing this week!

Comment

Our goal is to go somewhat into detail about most of the stage presentations. If you've peeked at the home page today, you'll see a hint of what we're doing this week!
                              Have I mentioned how much I love you? And how completely awesome you are and how utterly kickass Gateworld is?

With updates like these... dude... objections withdrawn.

Comment

For those of you who want the truth behind the curtain, this week is a big experiment for us. If we can actually pull off these daily updates with only two or three people, and do as many as I am hoping and planning, I'll consider it a great victory. Set and convention coverage almost as it happens is one of the most ambitious things we've done in six years.

Comment

Working...
                                X