This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    If you've already installed the extension, just restart your browser then when you right-click on something you should get an option to 'addblock'
    Thanks you, Agent Dark! You Rock hardcore!

BTW, how do you get your sig to change with every reload? That is so cool!
    Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
      Thanks you, Agent Dark! You Rock hardcore!

BTW, how do you get your sig to change with every reload? That is so cool!
      hehe, its a php script

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
        hehe, its a php script
        How does one learn this power?

Comment

I use adblock religiousely. It really helps on sites that I visit a lot(here, mostly ). Earlier today, I had some trouble with the drop down bar and adblock. When the ad on top was blocked, the bar stayed in place, while the rest of the page moved up two inches. It was a bit distracting, and hard to find the forum button. Hasn't happened since.
          JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
          VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
          MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
          LANDRY
          : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
          Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
          Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
          Mmm... Green...

Comment

AdBlock is such a blessing! I can even use it to block annoying/offensive sig pictures without having to disable the rest of the images. Thanks to Egeria, Agent Dark, and anyone else spreading the wonders of AdBlock!

Comment

hehe i love adblock, and also flashgot, which gets around those pesky sites that won't let you use download managers

Comment

Well, spank me Rosie! There was flashing ads in that little banner this morning. Never noticed them before, but they were gone in a less than a minute.

I guess they must have been there before, but it seems as though this thread has the power of suggestion.
                sigpic
                ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                  Well, spank me Rosie! There was flashing ads in that little banner this morning. Never noticed them before, but they were gone in a less than a minute.

I guess they must have been there before, but it seems as though this thread has the power of suggestion.
                  well in that case..... *sends out persuasive subliminal messages *

"send Kiwi chocolate..... send Kiwi chocolate..... send Kiwi Michael Shanks.... send Kiw- oops, sorry, how did that happen .... send Kiwi chocolate....."

Comment

Hmmm.... I WAS getting the ads at work, now I'm not. I know Norton is running, but I would have thought it'd have caught them from the start, if that's what it does. And it's making things reeeaaaalllllly slow... unless that's a separate problem. Ah well. Just encourages me to multitask.

Comment

V e r r y . . . . s l o o o w. . . .

I had the blue/dot screen with nothing but GATEWORLD written over Fruitloops for the longest time. Kelloggs should send GW some $$ for the free ad.
                      sigpic
                      ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                        V e r r y . . . . s l o o o w. . . .

I had the blue/dot screen with nothing but GATEWORLD written over Fruitloops for the longest time. Kelloggs should send GW some $$ for the free ad.
                        The same thing happened to me...I think it's a system-wide problem. I had Teal'c drinking from the coffee pot.

Comment

The forum is lagging a bit only because it's trying to get ads from GateWorld.net, but can't find the site (since it's down at the moment). Once we're back up (very soon) it should be running normally again.

Darren

Comment

I won't discourage the use of ad blockers, as God knows I'd use 'em when browsing the Web. But just so that everyone is aware of the implications if you are a GateWorld fan:

GateWorld gets paid based on both impressions (number of times an ad loads) and click-thrus. So ads support the site and keep it online not just because some people click on ads, but because they appear on every page that each person browses. Blocking ads will reduce our impressions and, if enough people do it, our ad revenue, even if you would never have clicked on the ads anyway.

Darren

Comment

Originally posted by GateWorld
                              GateWorld gets paid based on both impressions (number of times an ad loads) and click-thrus. So ads support the site and keep it online not just because some people click on ads, but because they appear on every page that each person browses.
                              In that case, it might be a good idea for us to only block those ads that are particularly distracting. The small ads that appear next to the "GateWorld Forum" banner don't bother me, neither to Google ads or non-flash ads. I didn't realize that having them simply load generated revenue for GateWorld.

EDIT: Does anyone know how to unblock something I have blocked? I can't figure it out.
                              Last edited by Major Tyler; 02 June 2005, 11:23 AM.

Comment

^ Here we go Major Tyler

Open Firefox then: Select Tools > Options > Web Features > Where it says load images (which should be checked) select Exceptions...a sub menu should open, highlight the site you want to unblock and the 'Remove Site' button should be active...just press it.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X