X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CKO
    i just got 1800 and i still dont see the ships
    Patience. It isn't that huge a deal, anyway. The important thing is to enjoy the conversations around you, not worry over some silly little image (no offense, David). I think I went a few days before I realized that there WERE more pics. And then a few days after that before I noticed the "upload your own" option. I'm not one of the most observant people, y'know.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Patience. It isn't that huge a deal, anyway. The important thing is to enjoy the conversations around you, not worry over some silly little image (no offense, David). I think I went a few days before I realized that there WERE more pics. And then a few days after that before I noticed the "upload your own" option. I'm not one of the most observant people, y'know.
      yea so am i or so it seems blinder then a bat at times
      sigpic

Comment

hehe... i kept refreshing the "change avatar" screen once i was at 1801, waiting for the upload you own option to show up *such a geek*

Comment

Wow thats a heck of a lot of posting needed for a pic. Meh! I don't care, all avatars are cool.
          Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

Originally posted by Angelique
            If you look up, greytop has the Cameron Mitchell avatar.
            I want!

JANICE: Dr. Bob, you've given this hospital a bad name.
            DR BOB: You're right. Fred is a terrible name for a hospital. I'll give it a better name. How 'bout Eunice?

Comment

Any particular reason we can't have custom avatars?

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
              - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Because you've only made 57 posts and haven't earned the privilege to do custom avs yet. That's for people at a higher user level (read: higher post count). It's a way of saying "thank you for participating in the forum and for sticking with us through these many posts."

Comment

Ahh, you naughty little buggers.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"

Comment

oooo....so pretty! And so many to choose from!
                    It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit and the emperor remains an emperor
                    --Sandman "The Kindly Ones"

"Security clearance?"

Comment

How many post i need to get Vala avatar?

Comment

See, the problem with questions like, "How many posts until..." always make me wary. I can't help feeling that if I give an answer, someone (or usually multiple someones) will then proceed to spam the board four ways till Sunday until they get what they want. This isn't just av related, but anything that's post count relevant.

There is a Vala av, you'll get it eventually.

There are Asgard avs, you'll get them eventually.

There are (space) ship avs, you'll get them eventually.

Gateworld forums is supposed to be a place to come and have fun and discuss the show. The avs and user levels and whatnot are just fun extras and the additional privileges are, as I said, a way of saying thanks to longtime posters. This place is NOT supposed to be about trying to GET those additional perks. It isn't supposed to be about "I still have to make X number of posts before I can do Z." JUST POST. Have fun. Discuss the bloody shows! You'll get the extras when you get there.

Like the saying goes- stop worrying about your post count and just make your posts count!

Comment

I'd be nice if we had some "action" avatars of Marines wooping alien arse.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            See, the problem with questions like, "How many posts until..." always make me wary. I can't help feeling that if I give an answer, someone (or usually multiple someones) will then proceed to spam the board four ways till Sunday until they get what they want. This isn't just av related, but anything that's post count relevant.

There is a Vala av, you'll get it eventually.

There are Asgard avs, you'll get them eventually.

There are (space) ship avs, you'll get them eventually.

Gateworld forums is supposed to be a place to come and have fun and discuss the show. The avs and user levels and whatnot are just fun extras and the additional privileges are, as I said, a way of saying thanks to longtime posters. This place is NOT supposed to be about trying to GET those additional perks. It isn't supposed to be about "I still have to make X number of posts before I can do Z." JUST POST. Have fun. Discuss the bloody shows! You'll get the extras when you get there.

Like the saying goes- stop worrying about your post count and just make your posts count!
                            OK...ok...

Comment

A quick question on avatars- at the lower levels of avatardom *waves upward* we seem to have the main cast of sg1 and Atlantis- will Beau Bridges, Ben Browder, Lexa Doig, Mitch Pillegi and whoever else I've missed be added to that group when they are no longer spoiler material or are they considered "you must have 3 million posts to get them" rewards?

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
                                A quick question on avatars- at the lower levels of avatardom *waves upward* we seem to have the main cast of sg1 and Atlantis- will Beau Bridges, Ben Browder, Lexa Doig, Mitch Pillegi and whoever else I've missed be added to that group when they are no longer spoiler material or are they considered "you must have 3 million posts to get them" rewards?
                                I second BritAngie's question ?

Comment

Working...
                                X