This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and another thing....

i think it would be cool to have a 'Starships' section to the Avatar function. you could have pj's, darts, al'kesh, gliders, the prommie, a 302, a ha'tak, and all sorts of others.

and just why isn't there a lionel pendergast under Tau'ri!!???!?!?!?!
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

There is a 'ships' section with all of those included (I'm using one of them now). As to Pendergast, I'm sorry I missed him and will try to get him in there in the next batch.

Comment

is there another bonus level then (for the ships) cuz they dont show up for me
        sigpic

Comment

Yes. You should be seeing them soon.

Comment

thanxz my guess is there are bonus piccys at 800 posts and then again at 1800 posts
            sigpic

Comment

Bahh I still can't decide its the Wraith or the kull warrior .. or the atlantis shot .. or ugh.. to many to decide...

btw, thx Wass your rep pushed me into a new dimension of green circles.. i now have light green ones.. YAY

Comment

Originally posted by David
                It's our mission to make this place feel as Stargatey as possible. That's what makes it fun!!

He was called Greg?

Also, the images of the Wraith with the tattoo on his face inside of ATL was called Bob.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by David
                  He was called Greg?
                  In Marty's sick, twisted little world, yes.

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                  I'd love to know the answer to this too; it'd be interesting if there was a gateworld avatar contest...
                  Sounds like an interesting idea, although that'd probably be quadruple the workload having to sift through all the submissions and then trying to come up with some fair way of judging them- this pic of Console Guy is kinda blurry, but this perfectly captured image of Ford's boot is a bit pointless as a subject. Stuff like that. Plus what if four people choose the same image to capture and they all look more or less alike? How do you decide which is BEST? And how do you explain to the losers why theirs wasn't good enough?

Nah, it's easier to just continue pestering David with all our requests. He LOVES being harrassed, ya know.

Comment

Just one question: WHY are there 4 Anubis and 2 Ba'al???

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Angelique
                      Just one question: WHY are there 4 Anubis and 2 Ba'al???
                      I wanna know why there are EIGHT puddle jumper avs- more than any other kind of ship. Sounds like a compensation issue to me.

Comment

do you only see the 'ships' section only if you have a higher post count than me? do you have to have like 1800?
                        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

I think there's another level at 1800. That'll take a while to get to.

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            Sounds like an interesting idea, although that'd probably be quadruple the workload having to sift through all the submissions and then trying to come up with some fair way of judging them- this pic of Console Guy is kinda blurry, but this perfectly captured image of Ford's boot is a bit pointless as a subject. Stuff like that. Plus what if four people choose the same image to capture and they all look more or less alike? How do you decide which is BEST? And how do you explain to the losers why theirs wasn't good enough?

Nah, it's easier to just continue pestering David with all our requests. He LOVES being harrassed, ya know.
                            Shame it'd be too difficult to do a contest and I guess open voting wouldn't hep (incase people did pick Ford's boot for example ). But it'd be good if David did accept submissions, if they were on first person submits a avatar and no assurances they'd be used as well as people having to accept that they wouldn't get an explanation of why it wasn't used if so. But even then I guess it'd be too hard. Oh well, be nice when I get to the custom av level but for now there are lots of very very great ones to keep me happy.
                            Last edited by Purpleyin; 18 April 2005, 01:37 AM.

Comment

well over at trekbbs we have lots of avatar contests where we pick a catagory for the week, people who wanna all enter one av each, and then there's a seperate poll thread where everyone votes for their favorite.... we could do something like that here, only with the winning one or two becoming official avs

but that's the only thing i can think of!

Comment

i just got 1800 and i still dont see the ships
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X