Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and the use of that is?

Comment

True.. but the issue i see, is what is the shrinkage/enlargement ratio (if any)? Heck is it even poss to send anything through, or can you just connect to tie it up?

Comment

Try feeding a cable though the wormhole, check how it pokes through the smaller Stargate then send supplies along it like a zipline allowing optimum placement when or if the zipline comes through the Mk 1 gate, so supplies dont disintegrate in the size difference.

I was thinking dead centre

N.C

Comment

Supposedly that wouldn't work as the gate only 'transmits' descreet items. bUT we did see 2 eps where they did fire cables through.

Comment

How is an Ori invasion fleet more discreet than a cable?

N.C

Comment

See I was under the impression that you could only send full items through the Stargate. So how did they send half the rope through the gate? McKay said in 38 that the Stargate sends whole items through not parts of the same item. Sorry for not having the full quote I just couldn’t be bothered getting the DVD out.
              sigpic

Comment

i can't remember 2 instances with a cable.

we do have 100 days. my assumption was that the cable was fired into the gate, teal'c attached himself, he went into the gate, the entire cable devoured, then at the other end the cable shoots out and attaches, after which teal'c comes out of the gate and the rest of the cable, completing the transfer.

Comment

If the cable is in a dead straight line, and supplies attached to it and then sent through then isnt it plausible the supplies would rematerialize on the wire that has rematerialized?

N.C

Comment

yes if the cable is sent through whole

Comment

Then why didnt Teal'c rematerialize as the cable he used hadnt travelled through whole?

Also, the video of Earnest going through to Heliopolis, admittedly the gate shouldnt have shut down with the oxygen line attached, but it did and cut it in half, which i dont see considering the rope was at both ends of the gate there would be some parts in the matter stream and some not showing that the gate should have waited for the full integration of matter. Unless that is only biological material.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        i can't remember 2 instances with a cable.

we do have 100 days. my assumption was that the cable was fired into the gate, teal'c attached himself, he went into the gate, the entire cable devoured, then at the other end the cable shoots out and attaches, after which teal'c comes out of the gate and the rest of the cable, completing the transfer.
                        Torment of tantalus (well air hose not a cable) was with langfords to be hubby.. but did get cut off.
                        100 days... Its what Teal'c used to anchor himself when he went through to dig up a hole to the surface...

Unless that is only biological material.
                        That might be part of it. SGA 38 min, had a jumper trapped in the gate.. so maybe the gate detected the occupants in teh rear.

Comment

You know that Katherine’s to be husband was played by Paul Mcgillion. Also I dont think the Stargate works like that, but the fact that the gate has cut things off before is a little frightening, I mean what happens if your arm is in the puddle when it shuts down
                          sigpic

Comment

Like with Kawloski's head, it severs it.

Comment

is it possible that the discreet part thing can be shut down because of the whole, well, "no DHD" thing and that over time, they simply upgraded and upgraded the system, making it impossible

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                is it possible that the discreet part thing can be shut down because of the whole, well, "no DHD" thing and that over time, they simply upgraded and upgraded the system, making it impossible
                                Well if the gates in Pegasus are the most recent gates that we know of shouldn’t they have little extra features, given that the gates progressed? Maybe a more advanced power source in the DHD or something?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X