Ancients vs Planet Builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreyth View Post
    When the Ancients punish someone, they don't do things halfway. Like with Orlin, he was sent to watch the destruction of the people he "interfered" with. Oma Desala and Morgan le Fay each ended up in an eternal battle with their respective foes. The Ancient on the planet in Pegasus got to protect the people thereon for all eternity, and so forth and so on.

They do it this way because it is the one that, not only brings the most shame, but is also the most hurtful. How discouraging of them.
    Pretty much, yes.
    A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Some friends and I were discussing Stargate (mostly in general), and of course the topic shifted over to SGU.

We started talking about the differences in technology, old Ancient versus "new" ancient, and other such things.

Someone, after some time of talking about this, brought up the Planet Builders. They said (this person is always the "devils advocate" so to speak): "It the Ancients were as advanced as everyone said, why didn't they do something like this to get away from the Ori? I mean, they obviously weren't that advanced if they cant do that!"

The general consensus was: The Ancients learned to Ascend first. No doubt had they continued on their course, they could have been able to build planets and stars and such.

Anyway, that's what we just came up with. What does everyone else think?
      When the alterans left the Ori Home Galaxy I dont think they were up to that level yet. In saying that what would building another planet achieve if they remained in close proximity?... There intention was to get away as far as possible so they would not have to deal with them.

I dont think that building a star system would be as easy as klicking your fingers even if you had the tecnology.
      There are massive calculations to be made in how will the star system effect everything else around it not only in the short term but millions of years down the track.

Maybe they did achieve this level because it is one hell of a coincidece that you have all these planets that support our species.
      On the other hand the may have achieved Terraforming and simply didn't care for building a new system. They just made due with what they had.

Comment

well the biggest part is creating a star and it can be done somewhat easy and them you transport then a already terraformed planet , and you say that it would that some time , well we have time-dilation devices
        sigpic
        Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
        StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
        GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
          well the biggest part is creating a star and it can be done somewhat easy and them you transport then a already terraformed planet , and you say that it would that some time , well we have time-dilation devices
          No the biggest part would be to create an earth style Planet. It is much more complicated than creating a Star.
          Basic explanation of the Sun

The Sun is the star at the center of the Solar System. It has a diameter of about 1,392,000 kilometers (865,000 mi), about 109 times that of Earth, and its mass (about 2 × 1030 kilograms, 330,000 times that of Earth) accounts for about 99.86% of the total mass of the Solar System.[10] About three quarters of the Sun's mass consists of hydrogen, while the rest is mostly helium. Less than 2% consists of heavier elements, including oxygen, carbon, neon, iron, and others.[11]

If you combine all these elements and create your gravity point you have a star.

The earth would be a lot harder to create. It took our own planet billions of years to get it where it is to support life.
          You have to create a magnetic field to protect life by creating an inner core an outer core and a spinning liquid mantle to generate the field. Then you need an upper mantle then a crust, Create tectonic plates, volcanoes to release the energy when needed, oceans to cool the planet when needed. then you need to create the fresh water system, need i go on.

Seriously what the hell are you going to use a time dialation device for?
          It would effect the way that you interact with the rest of the galaxy. Unless you are saying that the time dialation would be used to draw material into the planet but even so how far do you extend the Field . This will not necessarily work because everything outside the fiel will be moving at normal rate and it will still take time to achieve. On the grand scale it will not make that much of a difference.
          Increasing the gravity of the planet would make more sense or both.

Comment

When the Ancients punish someone, they don't do things halfway. Like with Orlin, he was sent to watch the destruction of the people he "interfered" with. Oma Desala and Morgan le Fay each ended up in an eternal battle with their respective foes. The Ancient on the planet in Pegasus got to protect the people thereon for all eternity, and so forth and so on.
            Oma + Morgan chose battle their ascended nemeses by their own volition

They do it this way because it is the one that, not only brings the most shame, but is also the most hurtful. How discouraging of them.
            Oma + Morgan chose battle their ascended nemeses by their own volition
            If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
            [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

@morsu the fastest way would be to just transport a planet , there is no prove that the planet was build , but the star is build , and how do you build a planet well just fuse many asteroids together whit speed , just to gain heat , well the rest is self developing and the time dilation device well you set it around the planet so it would take a few years to make a planet
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

Comment

@morsu the fastest way would be to just transport a planet , there is no prove that the planet was build , but the star is build , and how do you build a planet well just fuse many asteroids together whit speed , just to gain heat , well the rest is self developing and the time dilation device well you set it around the planet so it would take a few years to make a planet
                Then they are not building planets Just Terraforming. As for Building the Planet it is majorly more complicated then fusing a few asteriods.
                For your plan to work I think you would have to put the Whole solar system under the Time Dialation for it to be any benefit.
                That way the natural movement of the solar system which gives you the raw materials can be accelerated.
                Where are you going to come up with the power for that?

Comment

i only need a time dilation field for the planet , and for the materials for the planet , asteroids , and some time latter comets for water , what much does it need , or even better why make a planet when you can move one that's already build and terraformed
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Mods List

Comment

you cannot terraform a dry planetrock like that, the inside must also meet certain demands in order to have a few circles and balanced airflows in order to be ideal for life.

Comment

if you are talking about the core of the planet , well after the asteroids collided , the entire planet was very hot , now the crust cools down , we will still have lava inside the planet , and i was referring to why did they need to build a planet , why couldn't they move one
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Mods List

Comment

if you are talking about the core of the planet , well after the asteroids collided , the entire planet was very hot , now the crust cools down , we will still have lava inside the planet , and i was referring to why did they need to build a planet , why couldn't they move one
                        ah i see your point....you mean the reason for creating the planet in the first place.

Comment

yes it's a lot simple to just move a planet then to build it , it never said without a doubt that the planet was build there , and no one on Destiny can prove that the planet was build
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Mods List

Comment

If that is the case then why move the planet at all.
                            You could leave it where it is then terraform it.
                            Why go to all the hassel of creating a new system?

Comment

Maybe they needed it there for a galactic/intergalactic system and the Obelisk thing was a part of it , or maybe it was linked whit the final destination , and what's at the destination put that as a signal to have when destiny arrives.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Mods List

Comment

Maybe they needed it there for a galactic/intergalactic system and the Obelisk thing was a part of it , or maybe it was linked whit the final destination , and what's at the destination put that as a signal to have when destiny arrives.
                                i was thinking the same thing...it has something to do with the final destination/mission

Comment

Working...
                                X