No announcement yet.

Ancients vs Planet Builders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or they just wanted to tech Oma a lesson .
    sigpic
    Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
    StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
    GW member infractions : 1

Comment

Originally posted by webxro View Post
      Or they just wanted to tech Oma a lesson .
      ?? uhm to what part are you replying lol
      We were talking about Chaya and Anubis.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
        Yes, but she was interfering with those people even before she was punished. She was punished 'cause she was interfering, so her punishment was constantly having to interfere to save them, and never knowing anything else, while not being able to interfere and save anyone else. IMHO this is a pretty cruel punishment for her. I don't see the problem with, and certainly I see no plot-hole. We might or might not agree with it, but that's just live. I don't always agree with the punishments criminals get in my country, either.

Again, no, there's much more to it than that. First of all, there's a rule that says that you cannot interfere just to prevent people would worship them. She broke that rule. Secondly, I've always gotten the impression there was much more to it than just simply thinking the woman is some short of superhero. They were not worshiping her, not like the Ori's followers were worshiping them.

I beg to differ.

And who's to say she wouldn't have fought back like Anubis did? Still, they decided on another punishment, one much more cruel than just being descended and being mortal again. And they would have to wipe her memory then, so then the punishment wouldn't be a punishment at all 'cause she'd never be able to remember it.
        Oh well, we differ in opinion, thats okay
        I just see punishment as a way to show off power to the punished one and other beings that can grasp her punishment, like a indirect message/warning "Do not interfere otherwise this happens to you". It is very cruel, very dark ages kinda punishment, not really a punishment worthy of powerfull beings.
        But that is just me

Anywayz...I was also wondering how the ascended realm works, because we have ascended beings in the Milky Way and also in the Pegasus Galaxy. But my guess is that most of the ascended beings live in the Milky Way realm. And not all of them are ancients.

Comment

I was talking about Anubis as well they let him to wreak havoc in the galaxy to teach Oma a lesson , and for Chaya the same thing applies here , she can watch the galaxy being destroyed and no nothing else the to protect a few people
          sigpic
          Stargate Mods List

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
            Oh well, we differ in opinion, thats okay
            I just see punishment as a way to show off power to the punished one and other beings that can grasp her punishment, like a indirect message/warning "Do not interfere otherwise this happens to you". It is very cruel, very dark ages kinda punishment, not really a punishment worthy of powerfull beings.
            But that is just me
            Well, I thought you were saying it was a plothole... Otherwise, that's perfectly fine, like I said, I don't always agree with the punishments for real life criminals in my real life country either.

Anywayz...I was also wondering how the ascended realm works, because we have ascended beings in the Milky Way and also in the Pegasus Galaxy. But my guess is that most of the ascended beings live in the Milky Way realm. And not all of them are ancients.
            I'd say that is a valid assumption. No one can really say anything either way for sure.

I was talking about Anubis as well they let him to wreak havoc in the galaxy to teach Oma a lesson , and for Chaya the same thing applies here , she can watch the galaxy being destroyed and no nothing else the to protect a few people
            Which I think is a good punishment, as in it is a real punishment.
            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

And a very good punishment if she cares for human beings , but back to the topic the ancients are now ascended so they are better then a planet builder that isn't
              sigpic
              Stargate Mods List

Comment

And a very good punishment if she cares for human beings , but back to the topic the ancients are now ascended so they are better then a planet builder that isn't
                Unless the planetbuilders are also ascended and we do not really know that there is a hierarchy in the ascended realm, who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
                  Unless the planetbuilders are also ascended and we do not really know that there is a hierarchy in the ascended realm, who knows...
                  There are several plains of existence though, with some being lower than others... that at least implies some hierarchy. Also, there are rules and such, with the majority keeping others in check, this is also a hint to indicate some sort of hierarchy...
                  A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
                    There are several plains of existence though, with some being lower than others... that at least implies some hierarchy. Also, there are rules and such, with the majority keeping others in check, this is also a hint to indicate some sort of hierarchy...
                    I think they should keep that to themselves (i mean the writers of the series) cause it would ruin the magic of things.

Comment

Hey, well on the case of Chaya / Athar, as already mentioned she was under punishment and hence meant to stay and protect that planet for ever. I believe its a better solution from the Ascended Ancients instead of wiping out an entire civilisation like in "Ascension" ep 503 of SG1.

Comment

Originally posted by AdmlDj View Post
                        Has anyone considered that the ancients could have built the planet and solar system after they ascended? lets just say they ascended and started to explore the universe in that way, we have seen the ascended use the gates to travel around maybe there was something in that galaxy they liked and decided to create a paradise for themselves to take a break from ascension, we have all seen them retake human form at one time or another, im not convinced they built the planet in question but they most certainly could have, maybe before but definately after ascension.
                        or, it could be the Furling, who were even more advanced than the Ancients OR some other unmentioned race which was also more advanced than the Ancients

and let's not forget the possibiity that this mystery race simply moved the planet
                        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

When the Ancients punish someone, they don't do things halfway. Like with Orlin, he was sent to watch the destruction of the people he "interfered" with. Oma Desala and Morgan le Fay each ended up in an eternal battle with their respective foes. The Ancient on the planet in Pegasus got to protect the people thereon for all eternity, and so forth and so on.

They do it this way because it is the one that, not only brings the most shame, but is also the most hurtful. How discouraging of them.
                          sigpic

Comment

But rules protect the universe from burning in chaos
                            sigpic
                            Stargate Mods List

Comment

But rules protect the universe from burning in chaos
                              ORI is what i was thinking of when I read ur post lol...Burn Burn Burnnnn...Fire Fire!!! (Beavis goes nutts )

Comment

Burn on a rock song .
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Mods List

Comment

Working...
                                X