X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unamed View Post
    i dony get how ya could have a show based on that
    I'm sure there would be much more to it, not just that single aspect.
    Best quotes ever:
    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
    Thor:I like the yellow ones
    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

it's obvious the gate address with 9 symbols is LOCALHOST aka 127.0.0.1

so, you guys think the ship that plants stargates is still around somewhere in the universe?

perhaps the furlings have it stashed somewhere
      sigpic
      Don't forget to vote up if you like my ideas. (me <-- attention whore )

Comment

i would love the concept. and a nice asgard CC like thing onboard. so they can create all sorta stuff. some functional x-699's and yea, itll be my favortite sow

Comment

This is a possible, however unlikely purpose for the 9th chevron.

Correct me if I'm wrong, as I don't watch Stargate Atlantis on a regular basis (hate that show...), but as far as I know from SG-1 Earth was the only known planet to have two stargates. It seems unlikely the Ancients would have designed a feature they had no intention of using. Also the stargate appears to have been designed solely for long-range travel, using a stargate to travel such a short distance would've seemed impractical to the Ancients in my opinion.
          Who's the black private Jaffa that's a sex machine to all the Tau'ri women? Teal'c!
          Who is the man that would risk his neck for his fellow Jaffa? Teal'c!
          Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by chris_h View Post
            That's been my own theory.

7 = Local "call"
            8 = Long distance (other galaxy, same galactic cluster)
            9 = "International" (completely different galactic cluster)
            Hey, did anyone ever think that the ninth chevron might designate another planet inside a system with a primary gate? Say, Mars instead of Earth?

Comment

Yea, some ever said it could be another gate on the same planet.

People already said that is not useful. Why waste a chevron on something you could achieve with starships?
              Last edited by xSFx; 01 March 2008, 12:02 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xSFx View Post
                Yea, some ever said it could be another gate on the same planet.

People already said that is not useful. Why waste a chevron on something you could achieve with starships?
                Or even puddlejumpers if you have a few hours.
                Best quotes ever:
                O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

What about for commercial transit? I'm not talking for the same planet. Something that would take several hours in a small ship w/o hyperdrive. It would be like traveling by car from Jersey to LA instead of taking a plane. Or, instead of walking through the gate. It's just a theory.

Comment

i think the 8is the area code for what galexy but i don't think there is a ninth. I mean the only time SG1 went back in time was in 1969 when they passed througha sunspot but it would be very unlikly for that to happen casue sunspots are unprodictabal until there over...

Comment

I dislike the idea of time travel, the ancients were researching tt while they were in the pg, if they already had the tech why put it into a jumper.
                      Best quotes ever:

Comment

Because it was underground research.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xSFx View Post
                          Because it was underground research.
                          My point was, why research something that already exists, it's like us researching television, we know how to make them and how they work, it would be ludicrous.
                          Best quotes ever:

Comment

because the ancients developed time travel machines. controllable timetravel. no "predict the solar flare and dial at the right spot"

better comparison would be to research lighting. we already have electricity. but lightning is uncontrollable, and you want it controllable. gate time travel is like natural lightining. time machines are like artificial lightning

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              because the ancients developed time travel machines. controllable timetravel. no "predict the solar flare and dial at the right spot"

better comparison would be to research lighting. we already have electricity. but lightning is uncontrollable, and you want it controllable. gate time travel is like natural lightining. time machines are like artificial lightning
                              But... If the 9th chevron was made to go to a specific spot in time then they would have already mastered time travel ad it wouldn't be natural because of that control. You don't need to dial 9 chevrons to go back in time when theres a solar flare.
                              Best quotes ever:

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                                But... If the 9th chevron was made to go to a specific spot in time then they would have already mastered time travel ad it wouldn't be natural because of that control. You don't need to dial 9 chevrons to go back in time when theres a solar flare.
                                why would they have spent years trying to perfect the "time loop machine" to doing that function if the 9th chevron already did it?
                                Spoiler:
                                Disclaimer:
                                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                                Quotes!
                                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X