Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ It would be a good idea, have something then when dialled, locked the gate from any incoming wormholes, until it was dialled out again.
    Best quotes ever:
    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
    Thor:I like the yellow ones
    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Okay guys the calvary is here.

First, why would the ancients go through all that trouble so that the only thing the 9th chevron does is go to a second stargate? Even if that were true what good would it do? The ancients had puddle jumpers that once through the gate they could travel any on the planet or the solar system. Why would they need a second stargate on the planet? The only reason (if memory serves me correctly) that Earth had a second stargate was that the Goa'uld did not know about the antarctic gate and just brought one from somewhere else.

I am clueless about the ninth chevron.

If 6 chevrons are Location
      7th is Point of Origin
      8th is which Galaxy

To me thats everything. The only left in my eyes is time and space. Which would either be time travel (please dontlet it be that.It has been done to death) or Dimensional (Multi-Verse). But, the emount of energy needed to open a wormhole to those dimensional or time would be more then the supergate.

I for one will just wait until I herefrom the power that be and then discuss that ideas merits. I have trusted the producers and writers through out the 11 years of stargate.

Comment

The universe is not just merely gathered into planet->Solar System->galaxy. Galaxies are also grouped. My theory is that the 9th chevron goes much further away than even the 8th chevron, like to the Ori Galaxy (ever wondered why the Ori need a super gate to get their ships to the Milky Way but can travel to the Ida Galaxy the old fashioned way). That's probably why it's called Stargate Universe.

By the way, did anyone other than me see something "different" on the dialling computer at the end of the episode Unending? It's a nine-symbol address! So, I guess it's got something to do with the knowledge the Asgard gave them.

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
          The universe is not just merely gathered into planet->Solar System->galaxy. Galaxies are also grouped. My theory is that the 9th chevron goes much further away than even the 8th chevron, like to the Ori Galaxy (ever wondered why the Ori need a super gate to get their ships to the Milky Way but can travel to the Ida Galaxy the old fashioned way). That's probably why it's called Stargate Universe.

By the way, did anyone other than me see something "different" on the dialling computer at the end of the episode Unending? It's a nine-symbol address! So, I guess it's got something to do with the knowledge the Asgard gave them.
          what, when?

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
            someone needs to find a screenshot if this is true, i don't remember seeing anything different...

Comment

Originally posted by CommanderThor11 View Post
              someone needs to find a screenshot if this is true, i don't remember seeing anything different...
              He counted 7 chevrons and said 7 locked, it isn't true, I think we(as a collective) would have noticed something like that.
              Best quotes ever:
              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

The reason for the 9th chevron?

The set designers accidentally threw in an extra chevron when they were designing the Stargate prop thing...

Comment

Wasn't there an interview confirming
                  Spoiler:
                  that the only nine-glyph address linked to an automated Ancient ship that seeded stargates, and this was the premise of the proposed third series in the Stargate franchise?
                  Last edited by JoeHundredaire; 14 February 2008, 09:06 AM.

Comment

shhhh!!!
                    Last edited by CommanderThor11; 14 February 2008, 09:11 AM.

Comment

...you know, a smarter thing to do would be to say "Uhh, spoiler" or something and not... yunno... quote the text yourself. Then, even after I edit it, the damn text is STILL there.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHundredaire View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        that the only nine-glyph address linked to an automated Ancient ship that seeded stargates, and this was the premise of the proposed third series in the Stargate franchise?
                        When was this, also, can you show a link or something so I can check it out.
                        Best quotes ever:

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                          When was this, also, can you show a link or something so I can check it out.
                          After a run through Google, I found that it was something on GateWorld that was evidently pulled because it was incomplete information or leaked or something? Makes me feel better about my memory; I thought I was losing it because I KNEW I'd seen it here but couldn't find it again.

Comment

careful people... threads are being pulled. i suggest you edit your posts and forget any mention of it ever happened...

Comment

Mention of what ever happening?? lol
                              Best quotes ever:

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHundredaire View Post
                                Spoiler:
                                i dony get how ya could have a show based on that

Comment

Working...
                                X