X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All these reviews coming up is making it harder to wait

Just a few weeks though!

Comment

The following article contains definite SPOILERS.

From 9/13/09 issue of NY VUE magazine

Spoiler:
      BODY SWITCH HITS A GLITCH ON STARGATE

Lou Diamond Phillips and Louis Ferreira face an unusual acting challenge in SYFY's STARGATE UNIVERSE. "[We] end up switching bodies a lot," says Phillips. You see, Phillips' character and his crew are stranded on a spaceship in a distant part of the universe. THey communicate with Earth via body transference with the aid of "communication stones." Phillips says he and Ferreira watch "each other, seeing how we do scenes, so we can pick up where each of us leaves off. It's like, 'His left hand was up.' ... You have to match exactly what he was doing. Some of the bheind-the-scenes footage is hilarious." The most memorable moment occurs when, due to a technical glitch, the body switch happens when Ferreira's character is making love to his wife. Referring to the actress involved, Phillips says, "Yes, and I have to give ONA GRAUER a lot of credit for her handling of that scene. She's absolutely a team player."

Comment

http://www.comicsonline.com/node/425

EXCLUSIVE REVIEW- Stargate Universe Pilot Episode "Air"

Story-
        With the show being promoted as being darker, edgier, and younger than the previous series, many fans were concerned that this show would not be the same Stargate that we have grown to know and love. This is not Stargate: The New Class or Stargate: 90210. Stargate Universe does well to quickly establish itself while still maintaining the integrity and history that SG-1 and Atlantis had worked to create. It is very obvious that this is not the expedition team that was chosen to go and now this group is stranded far from home, with limited supplies and resources. Instead of starting off with the recruitment of the characters and then the eventual embarkation through the Stargate to the far reaches of the Universe, this series starts off in a non-linear fashion. We are shown the new cast being thrust into danger within --

REST AT LINK ABOVE; LOTS of spoilers

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          Well........Fall TV preview, page 100. about 4 sentences. New stuff:

"I love battlestar galactica and (sgu is) along that vein of a character-driven series," says Ming-Na, who plays a civilian leader. Still, exec producer Robert Cooper wants to be clear. "Nboody said to us 'make another battlestar galactica.' it's still an adventure show."

So, not sure how it 'rocks' the issue. No full size ads, nada ...
          There's also a mention in the Music section (page 127). The headline is "Cool Bands on TV Dramas!" SGU is one of three shows cited. It's for Janelle Monae's appearance in the Nov. 5th episode.

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
            There's also a mention in the Music section (page 127). The headline is "Cool Bands on TV Dramas!" SGU is one of three shows cited. It's for Janelle Monae's appearance in the Nov. 5th episode.
            Thanks. Didn't see that as I barely even skim that section. But still, was sorta hoping for FULL PAGE ad or something akin to that, but I think if they do that, it will be the issue of the week of premiere, cuz face it, people have very short attention spans

Comment

Thanks. Didn't see that as I barely even skim that section. But still, was sorta hoping for FULL PAGE ad or something akin to that, but I think if they do that, it will be the issue of the week of premiere, cuz face it, people have very short attention spans
              That's the good thing about it premiering a week after all the other new shows, it might get a decent look in in some of the mainstream media, if we are lucky.

Comment

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/rant.aspx?id=20090910_sgu
                dial a nine-chevron address discovered by the Atlantis expedition
                When did Atlantis expedition discover the address?

Comment

Stargate Universe Has a Destiny

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/09...has-a-destiny/

No spoilers!

Comment

Assuming a full review will pop up some day

@theTVaohlic #StargateUniverse is really good. Looks like @Syfy now has a Stargate series that I'm actually going to watch.

Hmm, suppose this means he hated the other shows and ironically, @SyFy reposted this.

Comment

Assuming a full review will pop up some day

@theTVaohlic #StargateUniverse is really good. Looks like @Syfy now has a Stargate series that I'm actually going to watch.

Hmm, suppose this means he hated the other shows and ironically, @SyFy reposted this.
                      Just because someone doesn't watch something, it doesn't mean they "hate" it. There are lots of shows, I think are okay, but I don't watch them much. That's because I'm short on time and have to prioritize.

Then again, if you are going to call yourself "theTVaoholic", you probably watch a lot more TV than I do.

@SyFy is going to repost every positive review of the show. As he should.

(Gateworld retweeted it also)
                      Last edited by MediaSavant; 16 September 2009, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Just because someone doesn't watch something, it doesn't mean they "hate" it. There are lots of shows, I think are okay, but I don't watch them much. That's because I'm short on time and have to prioritize.

Then again, if you are going to call yourself "theTVaoholic", you probably watch a lot more TV than I do.

Folks at SyFy are going to say only positive things about the show. I think the show is going to be really good, and well Robert Carlyle's character has captured my attention as that character people will love to hate, or hate to love, or hate to hate, well you know what I mean
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          Folks at SyFy are going to say only positive things about the show. I think the show is going to be really good, and well Robert Carlyle's character has captured my attention as that character people will love to hate, or hate to love, or hate to hate, well you know what I mean
                          Yup. Even after watching the ads, and the five minute scene which keeps appearing/disappearing on YouTube, I'm still not finding that 'something' which grabbed me, like SG1 did, or SGA. I do hope the show lightens up (literally) as I've watched enough shows that filmed in the 'dark moody' environment to last a lifetime.

I should have used a different word, you're right. However, the writer indicates that the former SG shows had no interest for him, for whatever reason, and it's a bizarre 'diss' of sorts toward the franchise, but yes, SyFy is going to post every positive review they find because well, it's PR. I certainly wouldn't expect them to post "SGU sucks!" reviews

Hm, I do wonder how SGA's fate would have fared had twitter been ramped up like it is now with PR folk...

Comment

Couple more 'review' tweets...

fusedfilm: Just finished SGU premiere episodes and there is so much to take in. @brianjacobsmith is amazing and a huge surprise. The cast is perfect!

fusedfilm: Getting ready see SGU for the first time can't wait to see @davidblue @brianjacobsmith at work. Watching first 3 hours. Review up soon.

Comment

Yup. Even after watching the ads, and the five minute scene which keeps appearing/disappearing on YouTube, I'm still not finding that 'something' which grabbed me, like SG1 did, or SGA. I do hope the show lightens up (literally) as I've watched enough shows that filmed in the 'dark moody' environment to last a lifetime.

Darker and grittier does not always attract viewers. Look at shows like Warehouse13 and Eureka which are mostly fun shows. They are pulling in numbers much higher than SGA and BSG did for their final seasons, and Sanctuary for their first season.

People like lite sci fi fun it would seem. I say that as an opinion but when you look at facts (Ratings) then it makes you think if my opinion is correct.
                              sigpic

Comment

http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/display/22468

MGM Presenting SGU: Stargate Universe
                                By Kristin Brzoznowski
                                Published: September 18, 2009

EXCERPT:

LOS ANGELES: MGM Worldwide Television is launching its new drama SGU: Stargate Universe at MIPCOM, alongside the highly-anticipated Joss Whedon theatrical thriller The Cabin in the Woods.

Based on the popular Stargate series, SGU is more youthful in tone. The cast includes Robert Carlyle (The Full Monty, Trainspotting, 28 Weeks Later), Lou Diamond Phillips (Che, La Bamba) and Ming-Na (ER, Vanished). The series is slated to make its U.S. premiere on October 2 on Syfy.

“This is not your father’s Stargate," said Gary Marenzi, co-president of MGM Worldwide Television. "SGU is a completely addicting drama series fueled with complex plot twists, suspenseful cliffhangers and an all-star cast. We look forward to introducing this exciting new drama, as well as our entire MIPCOM 09 product catalogue, to international buyers at this year’s market.”

REST AT LINK ABOVE

MIPCOM - http://www.mipworld.com/MIPCOM/ Oct 5-9, 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X