This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
    EW never gave Stargate a nod. Even when it was at it's best.
    Exactly. Which is why this is...surprising...
    Though, even pre-release, they gave SGU more attention that they have SG-1 and SGA in their entire history.

Comment

EW got it's socks rocked off by Stargate?

It must be freakin' amazing then!

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18 View Post
        Exactly. Which is why this is...surprising...
        Though, even pre-release, they gave SGU more attention that they have SG-1 and SGA in their entire history.
        Maybe its the sign of the apocalypse. Unless EW was snarky towards SGU then its business as usual
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by reddevil18
          Not at first, though they've definitely warmed up slightly (maybe a degree or so..). Ausiello's comment's on the first SGU cast promo pic (which was, btw, an exclusive given to EW) were the pinnacle of unprofessionalism.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Maybe its the sign of the apocalypse. Unless EW was snarky towards SGU then its business as usual
          This
          Sig by Pandora's Box
          sigpic

Comment

Sept 10 2009

http://www.usatoday.com/life/televis...tv-cable_N.htm

Stargate Universe (Syfy, Oct. 2, Fridays, 9 ET/PT) A scientific and military team reaches their Destiny: That's the name of an ancient ship they reach after fleeing an attack through their Stargate, and the lost-in-space story becomes one of their survival on board. Stars Robert Carlyle (The Full Monty), Lou Diamond Phillips (La Bamba) and Ming-Na (ER).

Comment

SFX: Stargate Universe - First Reaction (Non-spoilery)

We could well be witnessing the birth of a new Sci Fi icon. Channelling the spirit of Dr Zachary Smith and Kerr Avon, Robert (Trainspotting) Carlyle’s Dr Nicholas Rush is an anti-hero every bit as self-serving and manipulative, yet charismatic and watchable as his predecessors. Of course, Carlyle has another advantage, he can actually act (which helps, because he’s given some really cheesy dialogue at times).

continues:
              http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=...first_reaction

Comment

Sep 11 2009

SGU
                http://www.nj.com/entertainment/tv/i...sepinwall.html

Fall TV Preview
                "Stargate Universe" (Oct. 2, Syfy): I haven't yet seen the latest "Stargate" spinoff, this one about a group of humans stranded on the opposite end of the galaxy. But the cast -- including Robert Carlyle, Lou Diamond Phillips and Ming-Na -- isn't bad

Comment

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/1062..._interview.php

EXCERPT:

Exploring the New 'Stargate Universe' with Lou Diamond Phillips
                  by Reg Seeton

Lou Diamond Phillips has played a variety of interesting and unique characters in a career that saw the now veteran actor rise to fame in such memorable films as La Bamba, Stand and Deliver, Young Guns, and Courage Under Fire before heading to the small screen for roles in 24, Numb3rs, Law & Order: SVU, Psych, and more. Fresh off of an appearance in the acclaimed Steven Soderbergh directed film, Che, and a lighthearted "King of the Jungle" victory on the reality series, I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here, Lou Diamond Phillips is drawing upon his sci-fi experience in such projects as Supernova and the 2005 miniseries The Triangle to step into the shoes of the supremely confident and highly skilled Colonel Telford in the October 2 premiere of Stargate Universe on SyFy.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Finally got my review up to match my first impressions post.

Stargate Universe review (Part 1); "We're here. That happened."

Part 2 is linked from the bottom of part 1. I have a few pics I took from the pilot and some quotes sprinkled around.

Comment

Originally posted by pwtenny View Post
                      Finally got my review up to match my first impressions post.

Stargate Universe review (Part 1); "We're here. That happened."

Part 2 is linked from the bottom of part 1. I have a few pics I took from the pilot and some quotes sprinkled around.
                      Ah, the MediaPundit one. Thanks! Just to warn folks it does have some spoilers (some of us are tryinig to avoid them)

And....

http://www.tampabay.com/features/med...-cable/1035466

New fall shows could decide battle of networks, cable
                      Sep 11 2009

EXCERPT: I'm still watching cable. Besides the ongoing slow reveal that is Mad Men's third season, Showtime comes back strong Sept. 27 with new Dexter episodes featuring Miami's fave serial killer as a new father and John Lithgow as a new killer. HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm features a sidesplitting reunion of the Seinfeld cast starting Sept. 20, and ABC Family's Lincoln Heights returns Monday with a wonderful drama centered on a black police officer struggling to live with his family in one of Los Angeles' worst neighborhoods.

Even the unfortunately named Syfy channel has an ambitious, well-made reboot of its Stargate franchise, Stargate: Universe, on Oct. 2. Who needs Leno?

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Fall 2009 TV Preview

Stargate Universe
                        Starring: Robert Carlyle, Justin Louis, David Blue, Brian J. Smith, Jamil Walker Smith, Alaina Huffman, Elyse Levesque, Lou Diamond Phillips, Ming-Na
                        Network: Syfy
                        Airs: Fridays at 9pm ET/PT
                        Series Premiere: 10/2/09

Many feel that Stargate: Atlantis was cancelled too soon. Too soon? Well, we're not sure about that. Five seasons is a healthy run in this day and age. Unceremoniously? That sounds a bit better. The Stargate "oeuvre" is about to return to its roots with Stargate: Universe, or SGU, with a more grounded, down to Earth story revolving around real people fleeing through a Stargate and getting lost out in the sea of stars and spiral galaxies. SGU is meant to both honor the franchise, and also appeal to a new audience who might not have seen SG-1 or Atlantis.

The casting of Robert Carlyle, as the "morally gray" scientist, as well as Lou Diamond Phillips and Ming-Na shows a desire to raise the pedigree of the series a bit, perhaps in the manner that Battlestar did with Olmos and McDonnell. Get ready to see a series with fewer aliens and superhuman abilities and more suspenseful character drama.

http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/102/1021155p1.html

Comment

Four video interviews from ComicCon at

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/69...nterviews.html

(Carlyle, Ming-Na, Huffman, Levesque)

Comment

John Scalzi (@scalzi on twitter) talks about SGU

http://whatever.scalzi.com/2009/09/11/name-in-lights/

Which is to say that yes, I have the series opener of Stargate: Universe in my
                            grubby little hands at the moment. Which is making it very hard to type. Hold
                            on, let me put it down. There we go.

And how is the series opener, you ask? Well, bearing in mind that per the screen
                            credit above I am not exactly what you would call a disinterested observer,
                            nevertheless I say to you that, yes, it is in fact pretty damn good. It's smart,
                            it's tense, it has moments of humor, the actors are well-cast and perform
                            admirably, and it looks really great. That's all I'm going to say about it right
                            now, because if I offered you plot spoilers, I'd be assassinated

REST + Screencap at link above

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              From today's twitter:

@greymunford: Stargate Universe rocks the Entertainment Weekly Fall TV Preview! Pick up your copy when it streets tomorrow!
                              Well........Fall TV preview, page 100. about 4 sentences. New stuff:

"I love battlestar galactica and (sgu is) along that vein of a character-driven series," says Ming-Na, who plays a civilian leader. Still, exec producer Robert Cooper wants to be clear. "Nboody said to us 'make another battlestar galactica.' it's still an adventure show."

So, not sure how it 'rocks' the issue. No full size ads, nada ...

Comment

http://screenrant.com/stargate-unive...brusimm-25408/

September 12, 2009 | by Bruce Simmons
                                Stargate Universe Might Be Good (Pluse Some SG Comic News)

Somehow Syfy overlooked me when they sent out their screeners for Stargate Universe, so I have to live vicariously through others. More importantly, I need to covey to you, the selective Screen Rant readers, what I’ve learned about the show.

From what I’m reading from sites I trust, Stargate Universe is not going to disappoint when it lands in our living rooms. That does not surprise me, since Robert C. Cooper and Brad Wright have been successfully bringing us 15 years of Stargate. They know what they’re doing.

So, despite our dour first take on the marketing efforts, we might just end up pleasantly surprised.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Working...
                                X