Medical Ship Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    I might have to have another crack at it then!
    you should organics isnt impossible with SU
    this was made with sketchup.

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
    I've always assumed the blockiness of the 303 and 304 (and even 302) is down to the production limitations of whatever (likely ceramic, extremely heat resistant) armour they use. Since a hospital ship presumably doesn't need as much armour since it's non-combatant, maybe it could indeed be made sleeker for atmospheric flight.
    this is an updated tauri battleship iv been working on and it shows what i mean by adding some slight curvature to make it look more modern.

see what i meen?

Comment

a naquahdriah reactor is not fanwank.

it's difficult to work with. but if properly used, it works great.

also, this is an age of hyperdrives and shields. WTF manual railguns?

Comment

the manual ones for fighter targeting, quicker reactions from personnel to fast moving targets, i also added 4 rail cannons (computerised) for heavier artillary firing against an enemy ship, these would be quite cumbersome to maneuver to attack a squadren of gliders or ori fighter for example
        sigpic
        THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post
          Weapons:

• 14 Manual fire Rail turrets
          • 4 Computerised Targeting Rail Cannons
          • 1 Gigaton Nuclear Warhead (Beam Deployed)
          Note: Primary use for destruction of damaged ships and self-destruct
          Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post
          the manual ones for fighter targeting, quicker reactions from personnel to fast moving targets, i also added 4 rail cannons (computerised) for heavier artillary firing against an enemy ship, these would be quite cumbersome to maneuver to attack a squadren of gliders or ori fighter for example
          Sorry, I'm somewhat confused - why have weapons on a medical ship at all? Shields I can understand - they're purely defensive, and also offer environmental protection - and I appreciate that Hague Conventions regarding medical vessels and personnel don't necessarily apply offworld, but still. A hospital ship shouldn't have weapons.

From the Wikipedia article on Hospital ships:

Hospital ships were covered under the Hague Convention X of 1907. Article four of the Hague Convention X outlined the restrictions are for a hospital ship:
          • Ship must be clearly marked and lighted as a hospital ship
          • The ship should give medical assistance to wounded personnel of all nationalities
          • The ship must not be used for any military purpose
          • Ships must not interfere or hamper enemy combatant vessels
          • Belligerents as designated by the Hague Convention can search any hospital ship to investigate violations of the above restrictions
          If any of the above restrictions were violated the ship was determined to be an enemy combatant and could be lawfully sunk.
          Okay, so the Goa'uld, Ori and Wraith have probably never even heard of these guidelines, and probably wouldn't follow them anyway, but that doesn't mean we should abandon them.

I'd actually support the inclusion of a cloak if it was instead of any and all weapons, though I'd expect such a device would be better placed on an actual warship.

To contradict an earlier post of mine, it'd probably be advantageous if a hospital ship class had a unique silhouette so it isn't mistaken for a 304, just in case.
          And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
          sigpic
          Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

the manual ones for fighter targeting, quicker reactions from personnel to fast moving targets
            not with SG computers

Comment

we should think less about weapons and more about other funcions of this ship class. In case if we move the ship in to other dimension, we could operate without any risk of detection or attack.

Comment

multifunctional rooms. large rooms. hangar bays are always useful. we could use them for cargo, retrieving F-302's if nessecary, or when vaccinating, use them as vaccination rooms.

you can never have enough room

Comment

there can still be a hanger room big enough to recover F-302 if needed, but having hanger bay takes to much space for minimal use.

I say that if we must, we build hanger room in the center of the ship, accessible from doors on the bottom of the ship.

Comment

I would like to point out that whatever drive SG ships use they are reactionless/emissionless and if their are not then I have o say that the SGC are very good to stopping all people with a radio telescope for picking the energy signature of a ship generating enough power to a appreciable speed of light managing tens of thousands of Gs.

My theory is supported by all SG ships leaving a visible exhaust trail behind them.

Comment

What?

sigpic

Comment

I would like to point out that whatever drive SG ships use they are reactionless/emissionless.

If their are not then I have to say that the SGC is very good at stopping all people with a radio telescope from picking up the energy signature.
                        the energy signature of a ship generating enough power to reach high percentages of Lightspeed

My theory is supported by all SG ships leaving a visible exhaust trail behind them.

translated

Comment

I have to ask you all why you need a ship, when you can park a gate on it and use it to distribute patient instantaneously to clean, well equipped, amply staffed medical facilities across the galaxy, instead of keeping them on the ship, in the midst of battle, where your facilities are being swamped by casualties, your supply of anesthetics just disappeared into a hole in the bulkhead and your cloak's glitching becuase of that piece of antenna that broke off and nicked your cloaking generator.

Comment

well, with the gatebridge useless, we have 47 stargates to be put on our ships. so i agree.

Comment

Well i think that these ships could be used as medical ships/evacuation ships. It happend quiet some times that they had to evacuate a planet, but they couldnt because of the gate is down or that a 304 couldnt handle that much people onboard its ship.

In the starwars universe such an ship exist, namely the Pelta-class
                              http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pelta-class_frigate

I'de say that a ship like this should have a good use.

Its ! He is watching you!!

Comment

Well the idea of a medical ship has got me started...
                                an early pic of my medical shuttle that wil be used to ferry crew and supplies between ships/ stations and planets if beaming tech can't be used.

Spoiler:

My medical ship is already on the drawing boards...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X