No announcement yet.

Medical Ship Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know you guys are familiar with this design as my 340 Cruiser, but as a modular design it was easy to adapt to a new role. I lengthened it to 185mtrs long and removed a lot of weaponary, but left some. I think though the missile launch tubes have to go as well
    Spoiler:
    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

these are my latest tinkerings to my model, i added better looking drive units, although i havent done the right hand side yet and added a hull texture and some raised panelling, just little bits here and there between uni, work, gf and cinema lol.
      Let us know what ya think, i dont mind if its brutal.
      sigpic
      THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

lol at first glance at those rear views i thought you made an offroad ambulance to go with the ship but that was efore i figured out that they were aft views of the ship LOL.
        but it looks OK for being an early model from a fresh SU user i can tell youve learned a thing or two while fiddling with su and that i like

Comment

Lol as I just looked at thumbnail I saw what you mean hadn't thought of that before. I'm a learn by doin type of guy, few more weeks I'll have some more advanced skills hopefully
          sigpic
          THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post
            these are my latest tinkerings to my model, i added better looking drive units, although i havent done the right hand side yet and added a hull texture and some raised panelling, just little bits here and there between uni, work, gf and cinema lol.
            Let us know what ya think, i dont mind if its brutal.
            You've been using Sketchup how long?!

I must really suck at it then *throws Sketchup down in disgust, wonders how to get the stain out of the carpet*!! I think I'll stick to writing...

So, basically, I like it. The overall design is in keeping with the other Tau'ri ships and it looks like it shares a lot of components with the 304 (that's a good thing IMO, and makes sense), but it's also distinctive enough to stand out in a battle - especially with the white and red colours.

Nice work.
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Originally posted by Naquadah_nut View Post
              Lol as I just looked at thumbnail I saw what you mean hadn't thought of that before. I'm a learn by doin type of guy, few more weeks I'll have some more advanced skills hopefully
              i started by trial and error myself but in the end i had to see a few video tutorials but yes a lil while longar and you should be great at it

@Sealurk

You've been using Sketchup how long?!

I must really suck at it then *throws Sketchup down in disgust, wonders how to get the stain out of the carpet*!! I think I'll stick to writing...
              dont give up on it so fast it is a slight learning curve but it can be mastered very fast look at me i started like 4 months ago and now i can do basicly anything (exept for realistic human faces/heads) and as ive said before look over a tutorial or two on Youtube to get yourself some valuable intel on what you can and cant do with su

Here are few good tutorials
              http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f

Comment

I downloaded SU the day after i started this thread, and i was just confused as hell to start with, but iv put in probs 20 hours since, just messing about seeing what works, what does wat, its worth sticking at it, only reason i got lots of time to mess as soon as i Downloaded it was cos the GF was in the usa on holiday. had to cut back a bit now, but still getting better each time.

As with most things, if u really wanna do something ul just keep trying

Thanks for the feedback guys!
                sigpic
                THERE IS NO MORE POWER!!

Comment

@sealurk chillax and keep trying cuz most of us that have gotten really good with SU in a short time span either have no jobs or just have lots of time on our hands. so my advice is find someone that has gotten good at it and ask 4 some tips and/or look up some tutorials like ALX said.

BTW pm me if you use yahoo messenger and ill give you my screenname and you can ask me 4 tips and if i dont know ill ask ALX.
                  sigpicRequiescat in pace Weedle

Comment

I don't think enormous ships for advanced medical care make a ton of sense in the stargate universe.

Surgical facilities, hospital beds, recovery areas, therapy, etc. facilities are far less expensive to construct and maintain on planets. Keep them there.

You need to leverage our capability to put an injured soldier into stasis and put your focus on fast reliable and efficient means of evacuation.

Think small VERY fast, clandestine vessels that sacrifice weaponry for shields, cloaks, and a combination of short-range asgard beaming technology and the wraith dart's "beam-up-and-store-dinner" system for the PJ team and some additional number of injured soldiers or refugees.

Add additional stasis storage space on the main vessels to take injured folks back to the main medical facilities on earth.

For those occasions where you really need a particular soldier back into action quickly, simply adding a sarcophagus to the medical bays of our existing fleets would pretty much eliminate the problem.

Comment

It is never mentioned anywhere at what point the medical ship will be launched, my design is part of my future fleet design. small update later but working on my sub atm
                      Spoiler:

Last edited by Merlin1701; 14 January 2010, 01:30 AM.

sigpic

Comment

As I sad before medical ship should be combined with other teams and needs under small, 30-50% 304 sized ship. This ship should follow a group of 304 in battles and in case of need enforce 2 saving scenarios:

1. save 304's and it's crew and fight with enemy vessels. 304 must escape for any cost possible. even if this small ship is destroyed during the process.
                        2. 304 is almost destroyed so most of 304 crew is beamed on-board and the ship escapes.

Under this two scenarios we need:
                        - very fast and well shielded ship,
                        - with minimal crew and teams of medics, engineers and support staff. No more than 30-50 people,
                        - with hall/area where staff of 200 people can be placed in case of 304 evac,
                        - armed with at least 4 APBW's on two seprated, well backuped systems. recommanded more APBW's. no other weapons needed.

Comment

Originally posted by comperius View Post
                          As I sad before medical ship should be combined with other teams and needs under small, 30-50% 304 sized ship. This ship should follow a group of 304 in battles and in case of need enforce 2 saving scenarios:

1. save 304's and it's crew and fight with enemy vessels. 304 must escape for any cost possible. even if this small ship is destroyed during the process.
                          2. 304 is almost destroyed so most of 304 crew is beamed on-board and the ship escapes.

Under this two scenarios we need:
                          - very fast and well shielded ship,
                          - with minimal crew and teams of medics, engineers and support staff. No more than 30-50 people,
                          - with hall/area where staff of 200 people can be placed in case of 304 evac,
                          - armed with at least 4 APBW's on two seprated, well backuped systems. recommanded more APBW's. no other weapons needed.
                          My medical support vessel Asclepius is 375m long atm...its part of my future fleet, along with my deep space science vessel Athena which is just under 900m long.

It is used to provide medical support to colonies, stations and ships.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                            It is never mentioned anywhere at what point the medical ship will be launched, my design is part of my future fleet design. small update later but working on my sub atm
                            Spoiler:

This would look very good in personnel transport role too. You should keep that on mind and make a variant out of it.

Comment

The idea behind the design is that it was a re-use of the spaceframe from a dropship transport. The detachable pods that are used as hospitals on the medical ship were used to hold and deploy tanks and other land based vehicles etc.

The main bulk of the ship if used as quarters and medical wards, allowing the ship to hold loads of people!

sigpic

Comment

well I'm more looking for solution to our current needs.

because our fleet of 5 ships now needs maybe 2 or 3 small support ships, than when we expand to more 304's we can than search a way to build something bigger (for transport and admiral ship), but for now I think that small multirole ships are a good way to continiue our way.

You are maybe 10 years or more ahead of our plans

Comment

Working...
                                X