No announcement yet.

Replicators in the star trek universe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will however just be a matter of time until the borg get their hand on the Krenim. Or the Borg could use their own knowledge of time travel to make them.

And what about blowing up some Omega Particles on the new Rep worlds?

www.darkarmada.nl
    www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
      It will however just be a matter of time until the borg get their hand on the Krenim. Or the Borg could use their own knowledge of time travel to make them.

And what about blowing up some Omega Particles on the new Rep worlds?
      The Borg have assimilated Krenim, however the Temporal ship was made by only one group of Krenim. Borg could just time travel back to when the first replicators appeared and destroy them.

Creating Omega particles requires a certain Ore, the Borg haven't been able to find anymore of it (rewatched that ep last week). If the Borg did get their hands on the ore they'd become significantly more powerful.
      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

If there is no other way to take out the reps then the UFoP could do it, but I wouldnt be so sure. It is more something for the Klingon Empire or the Romulan Star Empire, the Syndicate might do it too.

Then we've got the Dominion, who will just start an all out war, they have millions of ships and Jem Haddar

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Comment

Millions is an exaggeration, they have something like 30,000 ships. But they're restricted by their warp speeds. Thats why it has to be someone like the Borg to deploy anti replicator weapons.

I think the Krenim would be the best bet, the replicators couldn't adapt to the temporal weapon because anyship coming into contact with it would be erased from time and knowledge it may have imparted lost with it.
          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

If a race or group reigns over half a quadrant, I think million is not an exaduration, and they will have about a few billion Jem'hadar they can sent into battle.

www.darkarmada.nl
            www.runescape.com

Comment

If a race or group reigns over half a quadrant, I think million is not an exaduration, and they will have about a few billion Jem'hadar they can sent into battle.
              Yes but we've only seen them field thousands of ships and their warp speeds limit deployment of their ships so even if they had millions they'd be very spread out.

The Borg have the advantage of being able to deploy ships anywhere in minutes and they have a lot of them.

Comment

replicators have TDF's

Comment

so do the borg and obviously the Krenim. And Starfleet can use Timewarp. The Voyage Home, Relaivity, Timeless, Futures End... ect ect ect ect. (I only have all voyager so I know those epies well lol)

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                    replicators have TDF's
                    Thats completely different technology. They haven't shown time travel and TDF's would provide no defence against the Krenim temporal ship.

Comment

even then they could increase speed with a factor 10 and come up with any solution or reproduce, or trap a cube in a TDF long enough to restore shields etc.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        even then they could increase speed with a factor 10 and come up with any solution or reproduce, or trap a cube in a TDF long enough to restore shields etc.
                        Standard replicator ships have never demonstrated the ability to create a time dilation field. Like I mentioned before the Krenim can erase the Replicators from the history books.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                          Ok I'l ltake your word for it on the subject of magnetic fields. However I don't see how that would stop the nanoprobes? It was a nanoprobe virus designed to spread across Earth, I'm talking about pure nanoprobes being released once inside the body it would be as effective as if they were injected.
                          nanoprobes must be made from some kind of metal so a magnetic field could repell them. normal nanoprobes would just fall out of the gas

Just because they can penetrate Goa'uld shields and older Asgard shields doesn't mean they can penetrate all shields. Faulty logic. We haven't seen them penetrate Ori shields or O'neill shields or Ancient shields, the Asgard were hopeful that the O'neill could turn the tide so it had to be able to resist Replicator missiles.
                          the asgard have 50000 years of tech and much of that is based on the ancients that have millions of years of tech. if they can get past asgard shields then i dont see why not. plus the asgard have had a long time to counter it and they haden't. the borg have not seen any thing like this so theres a good chance they would get past the borg shields. no thing was said about the O'neil stoping the repi missiles. they did get past the new science ship.
                          my logic is know more faulty than the logic that the nanoprobes will take over the reps once geting in side of them. they could not take Data.

Comment

Standard replicator ships have never demonstrated the ability to create a time dilation field. Like I mentioned before the Krenim can erase the Replicators from the history books.
                            the Krenim ship would have to erase the first ship but once the reps have made a large fleet it would probly say out the way.

Comment

that it doesnt have to do. The replies wont be capable of hitting them while their Temporal Core is online

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Comment

that it doesnt have to do. The replies wont be capable of hitting them while their Temporal Core is online
                                the reps probly wouldnt get there before voyager has destoryed it but if they did they would just sit back and attack other races gaining more knowledge and resorces until they can destory that ship.

Comment

Working...
                                X