No announcement yet.

Death Gliders vs Tanks (M1 Abrams)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we supposing the Death Gliders are as accurate as every one that ever shot at SG-1?

That sort of feels like an important point to go over first.

I am inclined to believe that Gliders can be effective against Tau'ri armored technology. On Wraith Darts vs Goa'uld Death Gliders, I don't believe one or the other would be able to survive a direct hit from the other, but Darts struck me as somewhat more "agile".
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      Are we supposing the Death Gliders are as accurate as every one that ever shot at SG-1?
      Well, when it's weapon that kills, they miss. When its a weapon that stuns, they always hit.
      sigpic
      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

well just create a hovering stun sattelite

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          well just create a hovering stun sattelite
          they have such things (this "Stun-Wave-Balls" they took the midway-station and the SGC with)

as for a tank: Why would todays armies use tanks if they were that useless? Even more so if you consider them to be upgraded with SG-Technologies (for example to provide their own air cover in being able to shoot down approaching fighters/bombers (one - alkesh like - energy cannon would guarantee that, while still being able to be used against ground targets.). as for it being agile (more speedy then todays tanks - with AG-Tech) and still heavily armored, i'd say: We could benefit from having them!

for counter arguments as stated by others: You should imagine a tank with (as written above in this very same posting) that is not as slow as an abrams (still as heavily armored and weaponized), with a shield and modern targeting computers....

greetings LAX

Comment

because in today's days you dont have energy shields and SG tech. a simple attackcraft with 2 fans to lift it can be much more usefull. put 2 big machineguns on it and just mow down those *******s. or build a good laser and just pinpoint kill em from orbit.

Comment

if you could achiev anything with having air supperiority the US would not have had to invade the Irak on foot/ground vehicles, as the had air controll allready (with them observing the "no-fly-Zones" that had been in place since first gulf war)

greetings LAX

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
                for counter arguments as stated by others: You should imagine a tank with (as written above in this very same posting) that is not as slow as an abrams (still as heavily armored and weaponized), with a shield and modern targeting computers....

greetings LAX
                The Abrams ain't slow, considering its weight. 42mph on road when it weighs almost 62 metric tons???

if you could achiev anything with having air supperiority the US would not have had to invade the Irak on foot/ground vehicles, as the had air controll allready (with them observing the "no-fly-Zones" that had been in place since first gulf war)

greetings LAX
                I concurr.
                Give it energy weapon resistant armour andur sorted, because then they have nothign that can take it out save a ha'tak or alkesh bomb, and ur infantry sweep on by......
                sigpic
                385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

look in RL, you cant control sth if you dont have groundforces. when you're facing off an SG enemy on a planet, just blast it to hell with gatefighters and you're done. then send in the ships and take the planet.

Comment

the one in "DUETT" (with the woman's mind in mckays) was downed by Shep with a caliber 50 Machinegun! (no one has ever - i repeat EVER - done something like that to a glider, because it is not possible, as the gliders shrugs it off)
                    I don't think it was a .50 caliber. I think it was a 7.62.

O'Neill shot down a Death Glider with a 40mm grenade launcher in 'The Fifth Man", and those grenade are low velocity.

Cpt. Alicia Vega shot down a Wraith dark with an M4.

Tank vs. death glider is a stupid comparison though. Tanks don't operate alone, they are usually supported by aircraft and infantry. Also, modern tanks can shoot down helicopters by firing laser-guided missiles out of their cannons (I know the Israeli tanks can do it, I'm guessing the American ones can, too).
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

True! And I believe I made the point several times, too, that you wouldn't have just tanks. Tansk would roll thru the gate with the infantry, and ur aircover would handle the enmy fighters. Sorted! Combined arms!
                      sigpic
                      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Since deathgliders can't seem to ever hit anything and infact always fire waaay early at targets, I don't think they are much threat compared to a round of super heated copper.
                        Frankly how much damage can a small bag of petrol blowing up do to a tank anyway?.
                        -----------------------------------------------------
                        Nothings more important than your health... except your money!.

sigpic
                        "As a matter of fact it does say Colonel on my uniform." - Colonel Danning

Comment

Originally posted by Yipster View Post
                          Since deathgliders can't seem to ever hit anything and infact always fire waaay early at targets, I don't think they are much threat compared to a round of super heated copper.
                          Frankly how much damage can a small bag of petrol blowing up do to a tank anyway?.
                          well, petrol is a liquid fuel, and tanks are NOT completely waterproof, so.......go figure!
                          sigpic
                          385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Never hover tanks etc... Could a gliders enhanced staff weapon penatrate a tanks armour full stop? I'm not so sure.
                            I got nothing!

Comment

It depends on TPTB continuity.SOmetimes (as has been said more than once so far) staff weapons blow big holes in SGC blast doors. Other times, they just make interesting scorch marks...
                              sigpic
                              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

plasma>metal
                                concrete>plasma
                                earth>plasma

its just really good against metal. and tanks are made of? METAL.

well we're talking if both can actually fire right. but if its the average pilot, i would prefer the tank...

Comment

Working...
                                X