Ancient ZPM creation room/machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frolas View Post
    what i was trying to say was, although we know what the ZPM does and what its power is

it is very odd that there hasnt been a device that created the ZPM's, its a vital piece of ancient tech and never a mention in the shows on 'How' they are made?
    More than likely cause ZPM is what WE call them. it was not what the ancients did. Heck even Janus asked wier what they called them...

This is a bit of a stretch but perhaps when Janus healed Weir he studied her brain to see how different her's was from Ancient brain patterns and from those studies learned that our current level of evolution in the Human form would not able to use such a device, which would mean giving her the knowledge of a device that makes ZPMs would be useless to us.
    That's an interesting idea.. Perhaps the means of making them is beyond our capacity, cause our minds are just not developed enough.

Comment

ok i did not read all the posts, but think about it:
      if janus know of any machine to make ZPM on atlantis, instead of giving her as backup plan a piece of paper with 5 stargate adresses, why not better the location of the machine to make them and instructions of how to do so, or the specific location of the data on the ancient database so its translated by sga expedition?
      i think there was a ZPM creator on the milky way but the sgc did not pay any attention to it.
      when elizabeth weir was under the command of the sgc (yes for a few episodes she was in place of general hammond and before oneill took the command of the base) one of the goa`ulds that came to make an alliance with earth, (dont remember the name) but said that he had a ZPM that founded on an ancient machine a few years ago and that it did not understand the purpose of the machine. that ZPM was overloaded and once connected to the stargate or the antartic ancient chair will blow up with the entirely solar system probably. my guess that machine was a ZPM creator and maybe that goa`uld destroyed it after found it. if a goa`uld did not understanded the purpose of that machine... i dont think was made to take up space on that planet.
      probably was made by the atlantis survivors when they came and could only be initialized by people with the ancient gene and this goa`uld host did not have it thats why it could not understand its purpose.

Comment

look people the ancients have been gone in the MW for 5-10 million years. we're not gonna find convenient references to ZPM production facilities all the time. the Goauld scavenged the technology and had quite some infighting, so if it exists, it likely was destroyed in either a natural event or a goauld attack/sabotage attempt.

either that, or they were carefully guarded locations. i mean, if i walk into any random american base, do i find the locations where all hardware is produced? no.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          it likely was destroyed in either a natural event or a goauld attack/sabotage attempt.

either that, or they were carefully guarded locations. i mean, if i walk into any random american base, do i find the locations where all hardware is produced? no.
          well as i said, maybe the ancients that came back from atlantis made a facility on some planet as merlin did those crazy rooms where the sg1 team was disintegrated send trough a Stargate then reintegrated in the other side by the same machine.

thats my theory. the ZPM building facilities are on planets without a Stargate or if they have a Stargate, one outside the Stargate grid with a DHD without the update program. as merlin did and once ba`al wanted to do on a solar system create his own personal Stargate network outside the DHD grid. so if the ori did not find it yet and destroy it or the goa`ulds the sgc might be in luck. maybe one day they will find it. or one of the earth ships.

Comment

considering the state of the Ancients when they returned, i consider it possible but highly, highly unlikely

Comment

yes thats true.
              but think about it. if they where going to return to Atlantis one day, they will need ZPM`s not only to dial Atlantis, but for their warships. and they where not going to choose a planet and sit on the ground all day long. besides i am not referring to that the ancients pass trough the earth Stargate, then immediately they dialed another planet and started to do the machine or technology to do ZPM`s.

apparently the ancients could live up to 1000 years old with their advanced technology (remember merlin even when he DE-ascended was very very old to take an example).

besides the other possibility was that those ZPM`s creation facilities would be there when Atlantis was made. not only to give energy to Atlantis but for dial Atlantis once it reached Pegasus.
              and let me add my own new theory, i think the Stargates from the milky way first they have a portable DHD as the destiny has. and the inner ring was in case you lose or was broken to getaway from an hostile Stargate (an emergency backup we can say).
              i think, once the ancients came back from Atlantis add the DHD to all the milky way Stargates. thats why would explain why in some planets (as in the aschen solar system that apparently the DHD are all missing) the DHD`s are not there.

Comment

Merlin was in stasis for a good portion of his descended life..

i doubt the ancients had the production methods to produce ZPM machines at the time. i think the very reason they decided to put their faith in us and just try and ascend on earth or live out their lives here, was because they had little to no infrastructure left and thus simply could not produce the tech they had.

to illustrate: assuming they had no access to prior tech whatsoever, they would have to start at gathering iron for crying out loud, and coal, to produce iron tools and work up their way onto the tech ladder. it would be an indescribably complex, and to the Ancients menial task, not to mention a very long task, to get back to the tech level they had.

i think the Ancients in the end suffered, like the asgard, from Lebensmüde and Weltschmertz. which roughly translates to "tired of existing and feeling the pain of the world"
                Weltschmertz is not something properly translateable, not even in my own language, but it literally means WorldPain. basically, it's like reading the newspaper when it's only filled with extremely bad news and it feels like the entire world is just filled with evil, pain and agony, and destruction. when you think "is this the legacy of humankind?"

kind of like that, but then far far stronger.

it seems extremely strange to us, but i can imagine that a race that practically has seen it all, would at some point think "Fck the world, i don't want it anymore". especially for the asgard as their little plan for survival became their own downfall, and they thought "Screw science, we arranged a successor and we'll just finally be at rest"

Comment

I would like to think that zpm's were made on ships because any outpost would be too suseptable. If the Wraith began to attack the zpm ship could just jump away in hyperspace. Also, making a pocket in sub space could have impacts on normal space, so you may have to create the zpm's in open space as not to affect used areas. That would also mean that you couldn't keep doing this at one planet. This would be far safer than using any base and the Ancients would have had plenty of time to realize this. Thoughts?

Comment

well, sorry but you did not understand how the zpm`s works.
                    the zpm has inside a sub space area we can say, isolated from our universe.
                    in other words its like if inside the zpm there was a separated mini universe.

where all the energy its extracted from everywhere and anything.
                    what you described to, was the machine that McKay found in one planet, overloaded destroyed one solar system, and it created (apparently) a tearing on the time/space on the universe.

Comment

Working...
                    X