No announcement yet.

Ancient ZPM creation room/machine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still banking on it being like the Subspace Tap on the Alternate reality Daedalus, only like that thing in "McKay and Mrs Miller".

Comment

Its long been a theory of mine that after the wraith gathered the three zpm's needed to power the cloning facility they simply destroyed the place where zpm's are made, in a bad to cripple their enemy further.

Comment

Originally posted by Erak the Lantean View Post
        Its long been a theory of mine that after the wraith gathered the three zpm's needed to power the cloning facility they simply destroyed the place where zpm's are made, in a bad to cripple their enemy further.
        i dont think that the ancient whould have a offworld ZPM Factory

Comment

I just don't think that would make much sense Erak the Lantean as even if the cloning facility had enough power to create enough soldiers and maybe ships to win the war they could still use ZPMs to power their ships and increase their vessels regeneration rate even build more cloning facilities for use in the future.
          Maybe the reason their ships don't have shields is because the Wraith's own power generators are so large that they can only build enough to power the systems we've seen.
          Having the tiny ZPMs to power Wraith ships could make them faster, give them better defenses and make them more powerful just as they would for our vessels.

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
            i dont think that the ancient whould have a offworld ZPM Factory
            I always assumed it was off world because it was never mentioned to be on Atlantis or Lantea.

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
            I just don't think that would make much sense Erak the Lantean as even if the cloning facility had enough power to create enough soldiers and maybe ships to win the war they could still use ZPMs to power their ships and increase their vessels regeneration rate even build more cloning facilities for use in the future.
            Maybe the reason their ships don't have shields is because the Wraith's own power generators are so large that they can only build enough to power the systems we've seen.
            Having the tiny ZPMs to power Wraith ships could make them faster, give them better defenses and make them more powerful just as they would for our vessels.
            I guess it comes down to personal theory about the Wraith. I always imagined that their main goal during the war was to eliminate the Lanteans, they knew that the humans of the Pegasus galaxy were no where near as advanced as the Ancients and that without Ancient protection, the Wraith could cull the humans at their whim. For me it was a scenario that yes, if the wraith did destroy the ZPM building facility they wouldn't be able to get zpm's to their ships but neither would the Ancients, thus making it easier to destroy them in the short run.

I can see where your coming from Ha'tak, your right it doesn't make a lot of sense for us that the zpm production plant is off world but we also don't know how dangerous it is to create zpm's, we know that the Ancients thought highly of the Flagisalis (high enough to at least attempt to communicate with them.) maybe they thought that they were willing to take the risk, but they weren't willing to risk the life of the native animal life on Lantea.

I'm sorry if this post doesn't make a lot of sense or if it sounds like a "ZOMGS!! U IZ RONG!" Post.

Comment

well perhaps if they do make a film for atlantis, they will also make the detail about ZPM's hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Erak the Lantean View Post
                I always assumed it was off world because it was never mentioned to be on Atlantis or Lantea.

I guess it comes down to personal theory about the Wraith. I always imagined that their main goal during the war was to eliminate the Lanteans, they knew that the humans of the Pegasus galaxy were no where near as advanced as the Ancients and that without Ancient protection, the Wraith could cull the humans at their whim. For me it was a scenario that yes, if the wraith did destroy the ZPM building facility they wouldn't be able to get zpm's to their ships but neither would the Ancients, thus making it easier to destroy them in the short run.

I can see where your coming from Ha'tak, your right it doesn't make a lot of sense for us that the zpm production plant is off world but we also don't know how dangerous it is to create zpm's, we know that the Ancients thought highly of the Flagisalis (high enough to at least attempt to communicate with them.) maybe they thought that they were willing to take the risk, but they weren't willing to risk the life of the native animal life on Lantea.

I'm sorry if this post doesn't make a lot of sense or if it sounds like a "ZOMGS!! U IZ RONG!" Post.
                well it has never been mations to exist, well it propople did exits but it whould have been in atlantis

Comment

oh sure, a zpm has the power to blow up a planet, but lets just put the manufacturing lab right in atlantis.

smart people would put in say, deep space between star systems in the PG

Comment

Originally posted by Murzin View Post
                    oh sure, a zpm has the power to blow up a planet, but lets just put the manufacturing lab right in atlantis.

smart people would put in say, deep space between star systems in the PG
                    atlantis is the savest place (when it has three zpm and full stocks of drones) so i think it whould be there

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
                      atlantis is the savest place (when it has three zpm and full stocks of drones) so i think it whould be there
                      It was also the most dangerous, if a zpm exploded during its creation (whether it was through design or accident) on Lantea it could have seriously crippled the Lantean Domain,especially for all we know Atlantis could have been the only copy of the database they had, or even if it was the most complete.

Comment

I like to think ZPM creation requires a special cosmological event. That would explain why the Ancients didn't keep making them and why they aren't just lying around.

The event could be something like a supernova that the ancients were able to harness and create the ZPMs.

Comment

Well the Ori used a black hole to power the Supergate which Sam said could effectively be active indefinitely, so maybe it was something like that, although that would then mean the Ancients would be able to use one indefinitely to make infinite numbers of ZPMs, unless the facilities in the Pegasus galaxy were destroyed by the Ancients to stop the Wraith getting their hands on the tech.
                          If the Ancients used black holes then the Asurans probably used the same means to make their ZPMs, perhaps their facilities are still around.

Comment

Does no one listen? How is a blackhole supposed to create a ZPM? You don't fill ZPM's up like a rechargeable battery! We know this for a fact. Its been said that ZPM's can't be recharged so logic dictates that its a closed system that wasn't filled by some other mechanism in the first place. Its likely ZPMs are created by an method of created regions of subspace time and containing them to be tapped.
                            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                              Does no one listen? How is a blackhole supposed to create a ZPM? You don't fill ZPM's up like a rechargeable battery! We know this for a fact. Its been said that ZPM's can't be recharged so logic dictates that its a closed system that wasn't filled by some other mechanism in the first place. Its likely ZPMs are created by an method of created regions of subspace time and containing them to be tapped.
                              Well I've read on Gateworld that some believe it would require massive amounts of energy to create an artificial region of space time, you could get all the energy you needed from a black hole to do that couldn't you?
                              I read on GW as well that you may need powerful gravitational forces to condense matter so wouldn't a black hole come in useful in that instance?
                              I would imagine that you create the region of space time then construct the actual physical ZPM around it.

Comment

yea i find it truley odd cos the atlantis expo should have found the ZPM creating room or machine in the first exp if u remember what rodeny said " the city is powered by 3 ZPMs" meaning he had looked in the Atlantean database about the power room now wouldnt the info on how to make more be in the same info about the power room i think it would have made way more sence to let them find out how to make em (most likey the same way merlin made the anti ori weapon that daniel finished off) if so the whole 5 season they been stupid and not really using the ancient database properly yes i know its hugh but come on its not like its that hard to search a computer info esp when most labs have a sort of point and shoot access sort of thing just look at the episode The Tao of Rodeny where he ends up evolving they searched the database for info on it

Comment

Working...
                                X