First Contact tech (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
    We know the Wraith are partially immune to their own stunning technology.
    I wouldn't say that they were partially immune, we've seen them get knocked out by their own stunner technology before, it just takes more shots because they're generally alot more resiliant than humans are.
    Plus there's the fact that they heal much faster than we do so I would hassard a guess that has something to do with it.

I think that stargate1990 is right about the stun stick's blast radias expanding out forward from Todd's position and that's why he's not affected.

Comment

I've just watched First Contact and oh my god that was an awesome episode.
      I meen I thought it was gonna be good but I didn't expect it to be that good.
      Just my thoughts on the new guys tech and stuff, but I've gotta put it in spoilers in case people reading this haven't seen it:
      Spoiler:
      These guys are real bad a@@es, I'm getting the feeling that they may be a group of ancients that are still fighting the wraith as the small vessel they use to jump into the new home of atlantis looks similar to the Puddle Jumpers and it's able to pass right through the cities shield.
      I know that whoever they may be could've just stumbled accross that ship if it is ancient but it's just my feeling that could be te case.
      Also they seem to know alot about ancient technology and do not want us to find out who they are (which is really frustating me as now we have to wait like 2 weeks to see the conclusion to the story and maybe find out who they are ), which makes me think that they could very well be ancients or maybe a race of humans that the ancients intrusded their knowledge with before leaving Pegasus

Just my thoughts, they may well be wrong but this is the impression I got from watching that episode and one more thing before I finish my post:

THIS EPISODE ROCKED WATCH IT AS SOON AS YOU CAN !!

Comment

sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Huge spoilers about the new enemy:

Comment

Okay... err... well... so the... err... so these guys... they... they are... right... they're the new enemy?

Have they even behaved like a real enemy? Obviously, these suits were built for humans first, so they got modifications, right?
            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
              Okay... err... well... so the... err... so these guys... they... they are... right... they're the new enemy?

Have they even behaved like a real enemy? Obviously, these suits were built for humans first, so they got modifications, right?
              I know when I watched the spoiler Darien posted I thought the same thing.
              There's an obvious motive for why they're doing what they're doing.
              Guess it makes a weird kinda sense why it's them as well.

(Sorry for being so vague I just don't wanna be too obvious if poeple don't wanna know)
              They could turn out to be a true enemy, we'll just have to wait to see The Lost Tribe to find out if that's the case.

Comment

Spoiler:
                Did Weir's band give to Earth the tech they said they had to grow perfect human bodies and spare parts?
                This would have been the perfect tech to save the Asgards and get rid of that cloning tech which kept introducing minor errors at each cycle.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                  The assumption that "You can't beam active gates" is based on the fact that the supergate interfered with the transporter once it was active. We really don't know if a smaller gate would affect it that much; it could be a very weak interference, just made greater by the sheer size of the supergate.
                  Actually we do know this from Off the Grid, they were able to get every gate off of Ba'al's except the one that was active which SG-1 was using to escape.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    Did Weir's band give to Earth the tech they said they had to grow perfect human bodies and spare parts?
                    This would have been the perfect tech to save the Asgards and get rid of that cloning tech which kept introducing minor errors at each cycle.
                    I believe they did not have time to complete their work, through as normal they did not tell us how far they got so they could of done their main part and were just the process of building the memory transfer device, through we just do not.

The one thing, which does not really belong in this thread, was rodney sounding like the last bit would be the hardest bit of the project, when in fact it is by far the easiest bit as all they would needed to do was use the memory extraction technique used to extract the memories of replicator built on earth and combine that with the technology sg1 traded for which could place memories inside a human mind, like they did with vela.
                    Combining these technologies would of been relatively simple, enable them move their minds into the human bodies.

The hardest part was actually creating a biological body which could handle a replicator mind, when the entire computing processing power of Atlantis struggled.

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
                      Huge spoilers about the new enemy:

Spoiler:
                      OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! But why ???? Do you think Hermiod is their leader ? As far as we know he is the first Asgard in Pegasus.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        judging from the metallic implant, and the ancientness of their technology, its plain obvious they are an offshoot of the asgard, being far, far more ancient in technology than ancient. evidenced by lantean colouring, instead of blue/(white/silver), the colour of the stunners, colour of their engines, ancient shield immunity, ancient EM jamming, ancient force cell [but triangular instead of square, and using lasers, not metallic bars to indicate the forcefield]

if turning on the device was so easy, then they clearly havent got the gene, or they arent as smart as the asgard.

they dont have asgard tech, or else they wouldve beamed themselves into that room.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                          Why not? Stargates have been been beamed before, not to mention a whole office building.

you cant beam active stargates because in off the grid, when sg1s on board ba'als ship, they tag every gate with a transponder and when the oddessy beams back the gates, there is 1 that they could not get a lock on which was the one that sg1 used to escape the mother ship and since it was active, they couldnt beam it so therefore you cant beam active stargates.
                          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                            you cant beam active stargates because in off the grid, when sg1s on board ba'als ship, they tag every gate with a transponder and when the oddessy beams back the gates, there is 1 that they could not get a lock on which was the one that sg1 used to escape the mother ship and since it was active, they couldnt beam it so therefore you cant beam active stargates.
                            The only reason they needed to do that is because the senors were not good enough. Now they are so there should be no problem.
                            Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                            Anime signature in spoiler tag
                            Spoiler:
                            Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                              The only reason they needed to do that is because the senors were not good enough. Now they are so there should be no problem.
                              but you cant beam an active stargate. i mean think about it you would be dematerializing the event horizion or 1 end of a wormhole. that just dosent sound plausible at all to me. and the supergate isint any different than any other gate except its size and the interference generated by it prevented them from getting a lock on carter and if they couldnt beam carter because she was too close, then you couldnt have beamed the gate. when a stargate, any stargate, is active it generates interference with the beaming technology making you unable to beam it while active.
                              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                                but you cant beam an active stargate. i mean think about it you would be dematerializing the event horizion or 1 end of a wormhole. that just dosent sound plausible at all to me. and the supergate isint any different than any other gate except its size and the interference generated by it prevented them from getting a lock on carter and if they couldnt beam carter because she was too close, then you couldnt have beamed the gate. when a stargate, any stargate, is active it generates interference with the beaming technology making you unable to beam it while active.
                                The super gate was huge. The regular gate is different. Even if it disconnects that's even better. Then it wouldn't explode. Remember a gate is only a device. Its a object, the wormhole is formed by it. It doesn't cause that much interference. We have seen in some occasions people getting beamed right in front of the gate.
                                Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                                Anime signature in spoiler tag
                                Spoiler:
                                Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Working...
                                X