No announcement yet.

First Contact tech (spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah like the time the kull toasted tealc and braytak who up until that point were the uber fighters.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by supersoldier34 View Post
      Ironic that you misspelled "intelligently"
      Whoops. Note to self; use spell check.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        easy weakness: roll a grenade over the floor.

i cant believe it. looks like we get balanced KULL V2.0
        that was the first though i had the furst time i saw them

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
          Well first things first, we can tell why the gate has bene shielded, according to spoilers the attero device causes stargates to explode, which is why the shield is raised and expanded around the gate (most likely because the deadalus isnt there to beam it in to orbit cos its overrun by todd)
          The soldiers look really cool, like a Spartan from Halo. Im really impressed with the shield, didnt think that would come up considering most baddies just require extra bullets and most overblown stunts, this could finally be an enemie worth fighting. Cant wait. Shame it has to end so quickly.
          exactly what i thought
          and as i posted on the youtube vid, don't the shields look like a jackel's shields? Also,
          Spoiler:
          he did say armagedon

KEEP IT CLEAN
          Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
          Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
            I think they are an offshoot of the Ancients who didn't ascend.

The suits look hoaky but the tech looks nice.
            It would be great if they are a group of Ancients that aren't pansies or religous psychopaths( Ori). It would be cool after finding Atlantis from tracking the energy given off by the Attero device, they decide to lay claim to the city, being that they are are direct descendants of the Lantiens and thats how the conflict with them starts. We would have actual Ancients that don't all die by the end of the episode and a descent enemy after all this time.

Comment

Originally posted by unluckynumber11 View Post
              exactly what i thought
              and as i posted on the youtube vid, don't the shields look like a jackel's shields? Also,
              Spoiler:
              he did say armagedon
              yes he did and
              Spoiler:
              seeing the tower explode i must admit it scared me hehe

Comment

Originally posted by Lantien84 View Post
                Whoops. Note to self; use spell check.
                get Firefox it has a built in spell checker
                supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by supersoldier34 View Post
                  get Firefox it has a built in spell checker
                  yea it works well, i just got it a couple of days ago, it makes everthing look so different

KEEP IT CLEAN
                  Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                  Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                    I've said it on other threads but this episode does look awesome.
                    I wasn't too sure when I first saw the pics of those aliens, but in the trailer they look really cool.
                    That shield the guy in the hallway puts up reminds me of Goauld tech, I wonder if slow moving objects can pass through it.

I bet their ships are gonna be pretty powerful especially if they're an enemy of the Wraith.

I didn't know that the Wraith had those kinds of stunners and it doesn't seem to affect Todd so obviously designed to knock out humans.

I just can't wait to see this episodes it's gonna be legendary.
                    Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                    Well I think the shield looked like the Goa'uld personal forcefield.
                    That's what I said it looks like the orange energy barrier the goauld used.

Originally posted by EternalAlteran View Post
                    Also I'm curious how Todd makes it onboard our ship. Maybe he has some nice story for us.
                    If you've seen episode The Queen and have read the First Contact episode listing or don't mind it being revealed to you read the following spoilers:
                    Spoiler:
                    you should remember that Keller may have found a way to stop the Wraith needing to feed on humans, I think it says in the episode listing for First Contact that she's made progress in her research and needs to have live test subjects to trial her treatment.
                    As Todd is the new commander of his Hive alliance I think he's onbard to discuss that

Comment

I wasn't too sure when I first saw the pics of those aliens, but in the trailer they look really cool.
                      That shield the guy in the hallway puts up reminds me of Goauld tech, I wonder if slow moving objects can pass through it.

I bet their ships are gonna be pretty powerful especially if they're an enemy of the Wraith.

I didn't know that the Wraith had those kinds of stunners and it doesn't seem to affect Todd so obviously designed to knock out humans.

it seems more likely that its like a claymore mine, it dispereses the stun field outward from what im calling his stun sticks. since he is behind them, he is not affected.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                        Well first things first, we can tell why the gate has bene shielded, according to spoilers the attero device causes stargates to explode, which is why the shield is raised and expanded around the gate (most likely because the deadalus isnt there to beam it in to orbit cos its overrun by todd)
                        The soldiers look really cool, like a Spartan from Halo. Im really impressed with the shield, didnt think that would come up considering most baddies just require extra bullets and most overblown stunts, this could finally be an enemie worth fighting. Cant wait. Shame it has to end so quickly.

even if the deadalus was there, you cant beam active gates.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                          even if the deadalus was there, you cant beam active gates.
                          Why not? Stargates have been been beamed before, not to mention a whole office building.

Comment

We know the Wraith are partially immune to their own stunning technology.

Comment

The assumption that "You can't beam active gates" is based on the fact that the supergate interfered with the transporter once it was active. We really don't know if a smaller gate would affect it that much; it could be a very weak interference, just made greater by the sheer size of the supergate.
                              sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                                it seems more likely that its like a claymore mine, it dispereses the stun field outward from what im calling his stun sticks. since he is behind them, he is not affected.
                                True.

Comment

Working...
                                X