Infantry Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
    Well, it sure wasn't godly in Nam, man. Seriously, tho. We were back on thread and u come away with that....not cool...........
    dude, we didnt have the M4 in VIETNAM, we had the CAR-15 and XM-177 back there which is about shorter than the M4. and besides, i said in MY WORLD....lol and why are you trippin about being on thread or not you know i'll get back on geez anyways....the weapons we have today are fine when fighting against the wraith and hybrids, theres nothing wrong with P90s and G36s, maybe if we kept those two as the main weapons and replace M9s with .45s or Sig 220 or 226 so everything will be all good, and keep each squad with a SAW or a heavy weapon so we wouldnt come unprepared in a large fire fight in the future....XD

Comment

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
      M4 still uses the gas operated system that the M16 uses. I hate cleaning that carbon fouling crap especially after a day at the range. Even as a SGT the armorer's didn't cut me any slack. It had to be spotless....

Back on topic... If we were to slug it out WWII style I think we'd have a chance against the Jaffa as long as we can neutralize their air support. A standard SG team can stand to toe with maybe a company size of Jaffa. Imagine if you had a battalion of human soldiers, Marines, etc... I think we'd be able to whoop it on.

As for the Wraith, neutralizing their air support is definitely key. Without it they would have to fight it out with us. They're hunters that use overwhelming numbers to make up for a lack of tactics. As long as we force them to fight our fight we should be good.

indeed...but i guess the teams have plenty of time to be cleaning their guns and i doubt the P90 really needs that maintenance, correct me if im wrong XD, but yeah i completely agree with your tactic of eliminating air support, maybe each team should carry an AT4 (which for some reason is used as an anti-air rocket, but is actually an ANTI-ARMOR XD) to take out darts and such....hmm i wonder...you when a dart comes in with its tractor beams or whatever it maybe...u ever think if it would pick up a live grenade? like it takes the grenade and it detonates inside the dart? idk that would be a good idea anyways....XD

Comment

Originally posted by Major V1125 View Post
        indeed...but i guess the teams have plenty of time to be cleaning their guns and i doubt the P90 really needs that maintenance, correct me if im wrong XD, but yeah i completely agree with your tactic of eliminating air support, maybe each team should carry an AT4 (which for some reason is used as an anti-air rocket, but is actually an ANTI-ARMOR XD) to take out darts and such....hmm i wonder...you when a dart comes in with its tractor beams or whatever it maybe...u ever think if it would pick up a live grenade? like it takes the grenade and it detonates inside the dart? idk that would be a good idea anyways....XD
        USAF has quite a few people... somewhere around 300K people, add another 100K if you include the Air National Guard. I'm sure the SGC has armorers that do the cleaning for them.

The P90 may not require the same amount of maintenance as the gas operated M16/M4 line of weapons but it's still good practice to keep the weapons in top condition.

I guess the props department can't get any Stinger or Javelin props... AT4 is an unguided weapons. As long as the Death Glider, Alkesh, or Wraith Dart doesn't do too much maneuvering or fly too far away you can use it but I'd rather put my money on a weapon system that is guided and has long range capabilities... well at least more than 500 meters.

Comment

hmm i wonder...you when a dart comes in with its tractor beams or whatever it maybe...u ever think if it would pick up a live grenade? like it takes the grenade and it detonates inside the dart? idk that would be a good idea anyways....XD
          No, the grenade is turned into so much energy and stored, there is no physical timer or explosve material so it can't detonate.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
            No, the grenade is turned into so much energy and stored, there is no physical timer or explosve material so it can't detonate.
            +100 to that.

Comment

i see...but is it turned into energy when it enters the dart or when its hit by the beam?

Comment

i see...but is it turned into energy when it enters the dart or when its hit by the beam?
                The beam. The energy is stored onboard the Dart.

Comment

USAF has quite a few people... somewhere around 300K people, add another 100K if you include the Air National Guard. I'm sure the SGC has armorers that do the cleaning for them.

The P90 may not require the same amount of maintenance as the gas operated M16/M4 line of weapons but it's still good practice to keep the weapons in top condition.

I guess the props department can't get any Stinger or Javelin props... AT4 is an unguided weapons. As long as the Death Glider, Alkesh, or Wraith Dart doesn't do too much maneuvering or fly too far away you can use it but I'd rather put my money on a weapon system that is guided and has long range capabilities... well at least more than 500 meters.

indeed...if i had a firearm(s) i would always be cleaning them whenever they are being put to use...it is indeed good practice to be cleaning them and it gives you the chance to know your weapon's capabilities and what needs to be adjusted and what not. yeah...thats kinda unfortunate that they dont have any Stinger/Javelin props....dang when are they gonna invent a compact anti-air weapon? that'll be great to use in urban conflicts, but on the other hand they would most likely be helicopters that can be shot down with standard RPGs or Anti-Armor rockets, it'll only take a lucky shot to take one down (Black Hawk Down)....but that'll be also great if someone would make an AT-4 designed anti-air weapon lol most likely thats not gonna happen! lol XD

i wonder...has anyone ever heard of the Davy Crockett (nuclear device)? its like a portable nuke launcher, a recoilless rifle with a nuke being fired out. well if a wraith cruiser or HIVE comes down onto a planet....and settles there (its happened before idk what episode though) how about we come in close, with no darts around and fire the nuke(s) at the HIVE or Cruiser, making that planets "liberated" lol XD

Comment

so then could the grenade detonate when it is caught by the beam?

Comment

Mhm. Yes. But, since the Wraith have to re-make the people from the energy to feed on them up in the Hive, when they re-animated the matter, wouldn't the grenade go off? Could be an interesting strategy...Pack a nuke in a dummy..

The one thing I always wanted to see in SG, was large ground engagements. I mean In a book I read, they were bringing everything and the kitchen sink through the Stargate. M1A1's, M2's, AH-64D's, Hummvee's, Jeeps, Bulldozers, you name it. I would love to see what Wraith Stunner's would do to Chobbahm armor lol. An Abrams would prolly scare the crud out of a few Genii too.

Or I'm just rambling.

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                      Okay... its been established that the Ori have the Toiletbowl-Class as their standard warships.

We should also try to watch out for the Sink Class cruisers, the even more massive Tub-Class carriers as well as the utterly gigantic 30km long Jacuzzi-Class mobile starbase.

Comment

Originally posted by Legosim View Post
                        Mhm. Yes. But, since the Wraith have to re-make the people from the energy to feed on them up in the Hive, when they re-animated the matter, wouldn't the grenade go off? Could be an interesting strategy...Pack a nuke in a dummy..
                        I'm sure they have security measures programmed into the Darts that don't re materialize the explosive energy or the explosive itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Legosim View Post

The one thing I always wanted to see in SG, was large ground engagements. I mean In a book I read, they were bringing everything and the kitchen sink through the Stargate. M1A1's, M2's, AH-64D's, Hummvee's, Jeeps, Bulldozers, you name it. I would love to see what Wraith Stunner's would do to Chobbahm armor lol. An Abrams would prolly scare the crud out of a few Genii too.

Or I'm just rambling.
                          indeed...it would be interesting...very interesting XD

yeah i wanna see that too, tanks and Hummers going through the gate, would tanks fit? idk idc yeah i would love to see tanks against the WRAITH! hehehe their darts combating our tanks...hmmm .50 cals can take those out with our .30 cals with it too...but wait a wraith dart can just take out a jumper with their energy weapons so idk...about that.....XD

Comment

oh wait...what BOOK?! XD

Comment

I'm sure they have security measures programmed into the Darts that don't re materialize the explosive energy or the explosive itself.
                              indeed....

Comment

yeah but they rematerialize our guns, which are only usefull because of our bullets, which are explosives, just wayy less powerfull than that of a nuke or a granade so i doubt that they sensor out explosives. however, as we all know, the wraith fly by sensors so packing a nuke in a dummy wouldnt work because the wraith pilot would not detect life signes and would therefore not beam it up. but we could always toss a nuke into the culling beam.
                                STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                                X