X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJB View Post
    A simple drone.

And a scene to go with it.
    This is officially my new favorite ship from the Stargate universe...
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

An update of my bomber model for this challenge the "Earth Vessel - Poseidon", i am so far behind on this i will not be able to finish it on time but will continue on anyway.

Last edited by Merlin1701; 09 February 2009, 08:37 AM.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
        An update of my bomber model for this challenge the "Earth Vessel - Poseidon", i am so far behind on this i will not be able to finish it on time but will continue on anyway.

[ATTACH]7555[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]7556[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7557[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]7558[/ATTACH]
        I think that it looks good. If you don't think that you'll be able to finish in time, I'd say just slap on some textures and submit it, and work on the backstory. It's not like it's a blatant WIP, I think it'd do fine. You've got nice amounts of detail.

Nice ship.

Comment

thanks for the praise fingers, means alot! started quiet but been busy with work stuff over the last couple of weeks.

sigpic

Comment

A simple drone.

awsome bridge

and A nice looking ship

Comment

I agree with Finger...all you need is a texture and a backstory and that could be subit-able.

I had planned to include a bridge interior to the B-340... but as I was ill over New year and i've had to plan 2 weeks away from 2moro... plus sorting out attending Pegasus 4 in a week Thursday i decided to lose the bridge to make sure i got finished.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                What map and image do I use for the specular map, the same as the hull? And alright, I'm trying it with planar mapping as we speak.
                The spec map will make the ship less shiny like plastic and more like metal. You can use the same image as the hull, or you can lighten it up in photoshop, save it as another file and use it.

Be sure to set each face on an axis.

For example, if you have a cube. The top and bottom will be Y axis, front to back will Z and left to right will be X.
                Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                  The spec map will make the ship less shiny like plastic and more like metal. You can use the same image as the hull, or you can lighten it up in photoshop, save it as another file and use it.

Be sure to set each face on an axis.

For example, if you have a cube. The top and bottom will be Y axis, front to back will Z and left to right will be X.
                  I'll remember that for later lol, I just used planar for the main textures and cubic for the panelling and it looks pretty good. I did the specular map and it turned out good as well.

Thanks for helping me out with that.

The textures won't be perfect, but I'm running out of time and starting college, so I'm calling it quits with them. I'm happy with how they're looking anyways, especially since it's my first time lol.

I'll be posting pictures in an hour or two once I finish rendering my Orthos. Then I'll start a deck plan. I'll work on my back story tomorrow, or possibly tonight.

Ahh! It's such a good feeling to finish a model after all of the work.

Comment

Got my orthos done and am working on my history.

Another quick scene while I finish the rest off.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                    Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Awesome, if only i had the program and a tutorial to make one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
                      god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

Got my orthos done and am working on my history.

Another quick scene while I finish the rest off.
                        Nice, I need to figure out how to do effects now haha. Your ship and scenes are great.

Spoiler:

So as you can see it's the DSB-201 Vengeance. Kind of an unimaginative name, but I want to use other names like the Retribution and such, so I thought it was fitting. DSB stands for Deep Space Bomber, since this ship is obviously capable of hyperspace travel and thus follows the DSC designation for the Daedalus. (They use DSC, not BC right? Doesn't it go the DSC-304 and the BC-303?)

Anyway, the textures aren't perfect on the engines, but it looks good enough for now. If I get a chance I'll change that. And as you can see, I opened 2 of the missile doors to show a missile poking out.

Now for the back story and a few more renders/scenes...

EDIT: Actually, looking at the textures with the pictures enlarged, I will definitely be changing the texture for the rear of the engines to a darker and less complex texture, so i guess these renders aren't final. Damn! I'll never be satisfied.

And damn, looks like I took too much bump mapping off. I hate how you realize these things afterward.
                        Last edited by Finger13; 11 January 2009, 09:33 PM.

Comment

A simple drone.

I think I just came a little.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                          Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Finger, how damn big are those main cannons?

and damn it looks too cool for words.

how the hell are we supposed to choose between you and RJB?

[note to the others: these two are best know. forgot most of the others, TBH.]

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              This is officially my new favorite ship from the Stargate universe...
                              Ditto, really looks authentic, could easily be in the show.
                              sigpic
                              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                              Stargate : Genesis |
                              Original Starship DesignThread
                              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                                Ditto, really looks authentic, could easily be in the show.
                                agreed

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X