Locutes -45
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

congrats Rob!

sigpic

Comment

zu spät.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to do better this time.
        that was my first time though.

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
          And the rules on the first page stand for nothing? I edited the seventh challenge to widen the spectrum.

Nope not to a new comer who might just jump straight to the last page to view what going on in thread. And even regulars nope because one would hope we change manipulate the rules for each challenge to create variety, it is the spice of life after all
          So you don't use your imagination when you model? Then how do you model stuff? Once again it's to use your imagination to challenge yourself to create a new sweet-looking starship. And if you can not accomplish that then tough luck.
          If you widen the challenge to allow creativity then I would, strict interpetation of the challenge allowed little interpetation. Also not all modelling actually require creativity, especially when the challenge is to get it as accurately as possible to a other object that already been model. Creativity actually gets in the way.

I still don't have the fourth challenge results from the creator.
          Because there was not a single nearly completed entry, but the ones put forward for entry, I did eventually send of to the judges, 3 judges never got back to me. one did but I will not be repeating his comments, but they were less than flattering about the models he receive and he gave all 1s, except in which he gave 2s for effort, harsh but then again after a discussion lasting a full fifteen minutes on MSN, I did actually agree with his comments and reason for the marks, none of the entries were actually completed and none met the full criteria of the challenge, several rules were broken. so I agreed with his scores, so it equal a draw, I did force him to raise a couple from 0 to 1s. I contacted one of the judges tonight and he asked me to resend them to him and he will judge them this weekend. Unfortuantly he harsher than both me and the other judge so I am not expecting high marks from him. But he may break the dead lock. All marks were out of ten.

See all you have to do is asked. I thought no one cared an so I was not bothering the judges, you lot could not be bothered to remind me. why should I remind the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
            Nope not to a new comer who might just jump straight to the last page to view what going on in thread. And even regulars nope because one would hope we change manipulate the rules for each challenge to create variety, it is the spice of life after all.
            As I've seen before in this thread when people come in, they ask the current posters how to get started. there should not be a problem.

If you widen the challenge to allow creativity then I would, strict interpretation of the challenge allowed little interpretation. Also not all modeling actually require creativity, especially when the challenge is to get it as accurately as possible to a other object that already been model. Creativity actually gets in the way.
            As I posted before -->Click Me. I had edited the challenge to widen the spectrum. Constructing a destroyer for any multitude of races is a greater genre and should be easy for members to begin the challenge.

Because there was not a single nearly completed entry, but the ones put forward for entry, I did eventually send of to the judges, 3 judges never got back to me. one did but I will not be repeating his comments, but they were less than flattering about the models he receive and he gave all 1s, except in which he gave 2s for effort, harsh but then again after a discussion lasting a full fifteen minutes on MSN, I did actually agree with his comments and reason for the marks, none of the entries were actually completed and none met the full criteria of the challenge, several rules were broken. so I agreed with his scores, so it equal a draw, I did force him to raise a couple from 0 to 1s. I contacted one of the judges tonight and he asked me to resend them to him and he will judge them this weekend. Unfortunately he harsher than both me and the other judge so I am not expecting high marks from him. But he may break the dead lock. All marks were out of ten.
            Then you should of posted that information on this thread for all to see and understand.

See all you have to do is asked. I thought no one cared an so I was not bothering the judges, you lot could not be bothered to remind me. why should I remind the judges.
            Because when you took on the challenge as an administrator it became your responsibility to complete it. Ignorance is not the road to take when members of this community have worked over a period of a month to try and do something. You should of ended the challenge or extended it, not keep the members in the dark about what happened in the end of the challenge. Granted that happened in the fifth challenge as well, but I did inform them there was a tie.

You didn't finish the challenge for the members and now your trying to criticize what I'm doing? You have no ground to stand on.
            sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

knowles and bo...end it now. Any new people looking to start this round will be put off by your squabble.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                knowles and bo...end it now. Any new people looking to start this round will be put off by your squabble.
                Yeah hahaha, it's kind of killing the spirit of the thread. We know you disapprove of the challenge Knowles, but you don't need to keep bringing it up. If you have something productive to suggest for next round then bring it to our attention. but squabbling about a round that's already under way is a waste of time and kills the fun.

Comment

everyone be sure to check the first post for updates!
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
                    congrats Rob!
                    Congrats to you Merlin. If it would let me i'd green you

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

I tried to green you two for winning but I can't apparently, but congrats.

Comment

Lets see some destroyers!
                        sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Dr Lee Merlin1701 congratulation, but just because you won this battle does not mean you won the war.

As to challenge it a tiny bit more interesting but not much, but daddy finger told me to stop argue so I shall, even know I am right.

Anyway as I got about 5g worth of Zbrush tutorials on hand to go through, I think I downloaded every available video tutorial on it, with seeds anyway, I think I may attempt a wraith destroyer, mutated version of it at least. Basic mesh in Maya or cinema and then the organic hull details in Zbrush, well that the plan anyway.

Comment

Dr Lee Merlin1701 congratulation, but just because you won this battle does not mean you won the war.

As to challenge it a tiny bit more interesting but not much, but daddy finger told me to stop argue so I shall, even know I am right.

Anyway as I got about 5g worth of Zbrush tutorials on hand to go through, I think I downloaded every available video tutorial on it, with seeds anyway, I think I may attempt a wraith destroyer, mutated version of it at least. Basic mesh in Maya or cinema and then the organic hull details in Zbrush, well that the plan anyway.
                            Is that necessary?
                            sigpic
                            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                              Is that necessary?
                              probably not, but it a personality flaw, always got to get the last word in. How ever immature it looks.

Comment

I've got a destroyer in the works... decided that as my submission to the fifth challenge was a winner... i'd stay in that AU-Verse and build a destroyer for that tech time-line... hoping Challenge 5's results rub off on this one...

Should have a render for you all later today.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Working...
                                X