Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stubba2 View Post
    It is an Sg thread It should be in an off topic thread or fandom
    It should yes, but see what Merlin has replied to this with, he said it better then I ever could.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
      stubba- this thread is older than the length of your membership at gateworld, it is here for people to get involved in 3d modelling, we don't want multiple threads to get lost in. This is the thread we do challenges on, if we wanted to do a challenge to design a marvel-verse vehicle, babylon5 style carrier or even a star trek phaser we would do it here.

If we decided to design halo-verse ships out of a challenge i would post it on sci-fi meshes and/or OSDT, and that thread is here too. remember Gateworld is about having fun and getting to know other people that share the same interests, I don't think it matters what the challenge is as long as people want to do it and help each other out if they can.

We can't do stargate all the time otherwise we would get bored. The thread is here to help others, can you model? (don't know you and haven't seen you create anything), if you don't we are happy to help, give advice.
      Thanks for clearing that up, yes I have just started modelling and have as of today made a scale staff weapon that glows from the tip, A 3 1/2 inch Tel'tak and a Ra mother ship, all from my new 3D printer. Will post photos when I fix my Dig camera and I get them all painted up.
      As for how long I have been a member, its irrelevant, I have already been boned in for of topic chatter, and that is why I pointed this out. I'll just pull my head in and let people do what they want and blow rasberries at others when they have a go at me for trying to do as I'm told
      Last edited by Stubba2; 17 August 2012, 09:09 PM.
      sigpic "Check out or post Models, toys and blueprints " or: "latest Stargate PC Games "

Comment

So who would be interested in taking part in this challenge?

sigpic

Comment

Maybe..

Comment

I'm in, I can make lego models of some Halo craft if I must, but that's really it, heck I can even make some of the transports. but if I make anything too large LDD will kill my computer with sheer number of bricks

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

try sketchup its free and is really easy to learn/ use.
              http://sketchup.google.com/intl/en/download/gsu.html

its not too heavy on a computer system and you can get great results.

sigpic

Comment

try sketchup its free and is really easy to learn/ use.
                http://sketchup.google.com/intl/en/download/gsu.html

its not too heavy on a computer system and you can get great results.
                I have GSU: And on this laptop, it is not exactly a light software. LDD though I am more learned with and can make some pretty good models. So, say you want a Pelican or a Warthog, I can make those in Lego pretty well, but anything larger then a Pelican, like a frigate or similar I'd have to micromodel. But it is doable

Comment

I scale down on every model now, it just makes it much easier to do and ensures the laptop is happy.

sigpic

Comment

Even so I'm definitely in

Comment

GWMC - Eighteenth Challenge
                      Halo-verse rebuilding the UNSC

After thirty years of war with the Covenant, humanity finally found victory. The Master Chief, a Spartan super-soldier, and Cortana, an AI construct of unmatched technical sophistication, put an end to the Covenant, the Flood, and the threat of the Halo Array on a remote installation known as the Ark. The challenge is to maintain peace and rebuild the ravaged UNSC!

For the Eighteenth Challenge you will be creating your solution to the lengthy war between humans/ covenant/ and flood. This could be new Spartan armour, vehicle to take over for the warthog or even a star ship. The scaling, style and method is of your choosing, go wild! The restrictions on technology are going to be lifted on this challenge. This is to make it easier for you modellers to dream up your creations for the halo universe. Remember to keep it reasonable because you want to be able to win it in the end. All submissions are due on September 1st October Midnight GMT. If you want to do something and think it's against the rules, go check them out they are on the first post. Happy Modelling!

something to maybe get you in the mood...for halo.

sigpic

Comment

GWMC - Eighteenth Challenge
                        Halo-verse rebuilding the UNSC

After thirty years of war with the Covenant, humanity finally found victory. The Master Chief, a Spartan super-soldier, and Cortana, an AI construct of unmatched technical sophistication, put an end to the Covenant, the Flood, and the threat of the Halo Array on a remote installation known as the Ark. The challenge is to maintain peace and rebuild the ravaged UNSC!

For the Eighteenth Challenge you will be creating your solution to the lengthy war between humans/ covenant/ and flood. This could be new Spartan armour, vehicle to take over for the warthog or even a star ship. The scaling, style and method is of your choosing, go wild! The restrictions on technology are going to be lifted on this challenge. This is to make it easier for you modellers to dream up your creations for the halo universe. Remember to keep it reasonable because you want to be able to win it in the end. All submissions are due on September 1st October Midnight GMT. If you want to do something and think it's against the rules, go check them out they are on the first post. Happy Modelling!

something to maybe get you in the mood...for halo.
                        contest to create NEW Halo tech--nice!!

cool to be among some other Halo fans; and great to know that there's now finally more detailed info on Halo 4's story; there' supposed to be Halo5 and Halo 6 too!!
                        If you're interested in reading my longest fanfic story, which is an action/adventure story involving the elusive Furlings (as well as if you want to read the others), please click the link below.
                        [URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6888222/1/Tauri_Furling_First_Contact_and_Alliance[/URL]

RIP Sep 2010 to beloved gateworld.net member and forum contributor Weedle, very skilled soldier with military special operations, a wonderful human being, and a friend to so many on gateworld. May we keep his memory close.

Comment

Smeg: I am going to have to pull out of this challenge for the moment, I haven't played Halo Classic {now Anniversary} in almost a year {on PC preferably} and I've not played Halo 2 in a longer period before the last time I played Halo Classic on PC, however I played Halo three around New Years this year. I'm going to have to pull out, sadly

Comment

oh well, at the very least this thread had a bit of life for a few weeks.

If you feel you are missing knowledge from the halo-verse have a look on the halo wiki.

sigpic

Comment

since I have only checked in on this site today, in a LONG LONG time, I'm going to wait untill the next challenge, though I am starting Uni in a week.

I'd like to do a B5 challenge next if possible

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

oh well, at the very least this thread had a bit of life for a few weeks.

If you feel you are missing knowledge from the halo-verse have a look on the halo wiki.
                                Turns out I can indeed take part in this challenge, though I must warn, I'm going to microscale my model in LDD since I cannot use GSU on this laptop.

Comment

Working...
                                X