~Troops: 20

Powerplant
    ~1x Subspace Tap (modified, read Notes)

Propulsion
    ~Intertialess Drive System

FTL:
    ~Interstellar Hyperdrive

Armament
    ~4x Beam-Based Missile Launcher (Hafnium Warhead)
    ~8x Nemesis High-Energy Railgun. (100 000 rounds, mach 12, 5kg projectiles, 360 million joules)

Defences
    ~Asgard Shields
    ~Laser-based CIWS
    ~Cloak.
    ~Holo-projection armor, which renders the ship invisible to the naked eye in case Cloak fails.

Additional Technology
    ~Asgard Beaming Node
    ~Subspace Communications
    ~Asgard Sensors
    ~Holograms for friendly First Contact with alien species, aswell as tactical deceiving of the enemy.

History
    As the need for an exploration vessel and retrieval vessel became a top priority, the Proteus was developed. instead of the classical ships, the Proteus was more of a carrier ship. it is made of three components: the main body, hyperspace capable and armed. the Sensory and explorational vessel, SEV, a small ship in the "head" of the ship capable of stealth, and equipped with powerfull, sensitive sensor arrays and a secure subspace channel to the main body, making it capable of calling in high-precision artillery strikes.
    the third is a Drop ship, capable of rapidly landing troops far behind enemy lines. the doors are large enough to allow F-302's to take off directly from this bay. it carries a complement of missiles aswell.

Notes:
    The subspace tap on this ship is human-made, meaning it is not only much bigger than the DV one, but also generates less power. in this case, it was used to generate minimum energy that can give the ship's location away. it has a valve, so the power output can be regulated. capacitor systems allow the ship to remain powered on a low level hours after the thing is shut down.

has Cloak and projection armor, which makes it project the view behind it on its armor, making it invisible to the naked eye.

drop ship

52m wide
    59m long
    23m high

uses 2 ion engines, single Mark 1 generator for power, sensors and dampening systems aswel as a (weak) shield to take basic enemy fire and resist re-entry. covered in Ceramic Polymer and a layer of Polarized armor on top.
    has Cloak.

sensor ship

63m long
    28m high
    52m wide

has two Ion engines as propulsion, and a powerfull array of high-sensitivity sensors. can pick up even cloaked ships. direct feed back to main ship allows high-precision bombardment.
    has Cloak and projection armor, which makes it project the view behind it on its armor, making it invisible to the naked eye.

Comment

Were are the dropship and sensor ships hidden?
      sigpic

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by IMDB
      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
      Hehe

Comment

look carefully.

they're mainly silver/grey, first picture i posted should clearly show them

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
          If the mines are inactive will they be detected?

small naquadah limpit mines and torpedo mines.
          Limpit?

Given that the mines in The Siege were considered stealthy, probably, but
          it depends on the alert status of the enemy and the quality and quantity of their sensor systems. Best bet is small, black, and passive.

Comment

f302 in EATG was stealthy by minimal power. which leads me to believe that they seek out basic signatures. IE, radiation given off by the engines, powersource, shields, etc.

Comment

I have had a 'great' day shopping in Exeter today with the missis. clothes shopping for many, many hours!

Hope to add an update on my ship later...before the mentalist.

Tom - A 'limpit' mine is old school tech, they are contact mines used during World War 2. Using magnets they attached to a ships hull, waiting to be activated.

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like fun...

Sent a few hours last night working out how the point defence guns looked, and if they were to be projectile or plasma..... In the end i went for plasma. will try and get a render off of the gun later.... once I've finished the shotgun I'm designing atm.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

I am going to draw a concept for this even though I can't compete. After tomorrow I have a whole 9 days off of work and school, I will probably go insane with all of the free time.

This concept is too fun to not make something for. Sooooo many possibilities.

I'm liking everyone's designs and ideas so far, keep it up.

Comment

Update on my stealth ship.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Looking good, merlin!
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                      Hehe

Comment

So... i was all set to work on the turrets and get some renders up here last night....Then the news happened.

spent today working on the turrets.... managed to get quite a bit done today, which is good.

Spoiler:

As i said before, the turrets are plasma-based. the structure at the back is most fo the swivel and twist mechanism Also.... to ease building, it's actuality upside down at the moment.... the blue box will be the cover when the turrets are inactive and armour when they're active.

Still fine-tuning the set-up..... but the modelling on these turrets is almost done.

Comment

looks awesome
                          sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Hehe

Comment

Merlin: Good idea for the coverings. I thought that any energy given off would give you away like a black dot on a white piece of paper. Just depends on how big the dot is though.

SDL: I had to look at it upside down to see what it woud be like Looking good so far.
                            Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks.... here's a shot of the turrets the right way up and in place on the side of the ship....

Spoiler:

And another upside down shot showing the finished turret...

Spoiler:

Comment

I really like how the turret both looks and deploys.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                                Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

Working...
                                X