X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord Excalibar View Post

nice. good work mate
    thanks
    Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
    sigpic

Comment

As hard as I try to get to a computer it seems I'm at a loss to gain any internet connection. Ill be in this same place for 7 more weeks so I'm going to ask for a new director of the thread in that alotted time. I don't want to slack and slow down the thread any but it needs to be done. Any takers?
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
        As hard as I try to get to a computer it seems I'm at a loss to gain any internet connection. Ill be in this same place for 7 more weeks so I'm going to ask for a new director of the thread in that alotted time. I don't want to slack and slow down the thread any but it needs to be done. Any takers?
        I could watch things if you wanted. I don't have any time to compete in this coming challenge, just like how I missed the deadline for this yet again thanks to college.

But I'd have enough time to watch the thread and I know your rules. I'd be happy to watch things if that was fine with people. That way everyone else can still compete.

Comment

As my shipyard is taking the majority of time I will help in my usual way. Unless i see the brief and have to have a go. Was thinking to myself yesterday, stealth ship isn't that a pj?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin1701 View Post
            As my shipyard is taking the majority of time I will help in my usual way. Unless i see the brief and have to have a go. Was thinking to myself yesterday, stealth ship isn't that a pj?
            Ahhh man I forgot that this challenge was a stealth ship. I was really looking forward to that hahaha.

I wouldn't really consider the PJ to be a true stealth ship. The cloak seems to have been tacked on after the fact as a result of it having a shield.

I would take the meaning of stealth ship to be a ship specifically designed for slipping into enemy territory undetected to gather information or to strike at targets, then to disappear. Cloaking is kind of cheating, because you can take the Odyssey which is certainly not a stealth ship and voila. Or a Ha'tak, etc.

When I think stealth it's more like the Battlestar Valkyrie from BSG which struck me as a special ops ship and the Blackbird which was built entirely around stealth and speed. Or of course the real-world examples of the F-117, B-2, F-22, etc.

For space I would interpret that as a small ship without a lot of firepower but with a LOT of thrust and a lot of Electronic Countermeasures (ECM). It should be able to approach the target from far away so that Hyperspace windows aren't detected without being seen, then be able to hold that position without being detected. Then it releases its payload and gets out of there as fast as possible.

The ECM would be important to screw with enemy sensors and possibly weapons, especially since it wouldn't have a lot of firepower to defend itself with. So if it was detected and engaged, it might be able to buy a bit of time by wreaking havoc on their sensors.

Comment

I think the ship i'm working on at the moment could pass as a Stealth ship.... if i tweak it a bit.....

(Strokes goatee in thoughtful manner.......)

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

but you have started that before the challenge? The challenge has not even started yet...

sigpic

Comment

Im not gonna join in with the stealth ship. I dont like the concept. After I have my SSC done, I'm going to work an a space complex

www.darkarmada.nl
                  www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

I have already started the mesh already.......but i've got another idea (Solely an idea at this stage) i i might try if i can't use the mesh i started just after the last challenge finished.

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

So when is the stealth ship challenge set to start?

I got some ideas myself that I would like to try.

"Space isn't remote at all. It's only an hour's drive away if your car could go straight upwards." - Fred Hoyle
                      Feel free to visit my Art Work.

Comment

I don' know jack of stealth

www.darkarmada.nl
                        www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                          Ahhh man I forgot that this challenge was a stealth ship. I was really looking forward to that hahaha.

I wouldn't really consider the PJ to be a true stealth ship. The cloak seems to have been tacked on after the fact as a result of it having a shield.

I would take the meaning of stealth ship to be a ship specifically designed for slipping into enemy territory undetected to gather information or to strike at targets, then to disappear. Cloaking is kind of cheating, because you can take the Odyssey which is certainly not a stealth ship and voila. Or a Ha'tak, etc.

When I think stealth it's more like the Battlestar Valkyrie from BSG which struck me as a special ops ship and the Blackbird which was built entirely around stealth and speed. Or of course the real-world examples of the F-117, B-2, F-22, etc.

For space I would interpret that as a small ship without a lot of firepower but with a LOT of thrust and a lot of Electronic Countermeasures (ECM). It should be able to approach the target from far away so that Hyperspace windows aren't detected without being seen, then be able to hold that position without being detected. Then it releases its payload and gets out of there as fast as possible.

The ECM would be important to screw with enemy sensors and possibly weapons, especially since it wouldn't have a lot of firepower to defend itself with. So if it was detected and engaged, it might be able to buy a bit of time by wreaking havoc on their sensors.
                          I would highly recommend against that. First off, any sort of reaction drive will show up like a flare once the plume clears the cloaking field, second, inertia less drives have to be fine tuned, so that the gravitic signature of their drives don';t show up, a stealth ship will most likely accelerate to cruise speed, then coast into a system, sung in system bodies and very weak accelerations to slow down for loiter.

Comment

Originally posted by Experiement 442 View Post
                            thanks
                            any time
                            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign.

Spoiler:

Comment

when do we get results in?
                              Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                              sigpic

Comment

Its going to be quite a while because bob is not here for 7 weeks...I think.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X