No announcement yet.

Daedalus Variations alien ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think we are gonna see those aliens beacause why would TPTB just create a brand new cg for one episode...
    sigpic

Comment

Mallozzi said we may see the aliens again, but that there were no current plans for them.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

They made a point to show that logo, so it must have SOME significance and be shown later on.
        Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
          They made a point to show that logo, so it must have SOME significance and be shown later on.
          Yeah, i think the same.
          sigpic

Comment

It did not take 3 beams to down a Ori ship. It took 7. 5-6 hits to take out shields, 7th to destroy it.

Atlantis ZPM had to be very nearly depleted, otherwise those cheesy and weak looking (in comparison to any beam weapon, Ori, Asgard or Wraith Hive energy weapons), are the strongest ever. One hit would destroy a 304 without a ZPM.

We know that in our reality the ZPM was nearly depleted getting to the new planet (according to Carter).

The strength of those energy weapons were probably that of a Wraith Cruiser, which also has rapid fire. But the ship overall is far better than a Cruiser because it deflects energy.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
              We know that in our reality the ZPM was nearly depleted getting to the new planet (according to Carter).
              Not really... she said that it took a lot of power to get Atlantis to the new planet but after they landed McKay said that there is plenty of power left in the ZPM.

Comment

Does anyone think the alien ship could withstand a drone attack ? And why didn't Atlantis launch any drones ?

Comment

It could be that their Atlantis was under siege for a long time against various foes. Their ZPM, drones and other reserves were severely depleted. This unknown ship was the last straw.

That ship's overall combat abilities is probably around Aurora level.

The beams came in handy. Not sure if they were fully powered, because they seem a bit weak. Even against great armor, 1 hit should take out their main weapons. They are beam weapons were are talking about, not some second rate energy weapon.

Comment

Its possible the ZPM Atlantis was using was the same one depleted defending the city against the Asurans in First strike. There are dozens of reasons it could have been depleted.

TBH I doubt that alien ship was at Aurora level. I also doubt it would survive a drone salvo, if its defence is just armor the drones will likely tear straight through like Hive ships.
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

^If beam weapons are not going to tear through its armor, drones are not going to do much against it. It would take several 100 drones to destroy it then, more than a Hive.

I should say the Aurora's we have seen so far, which I suspect do not have ZPMs.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                        ^If beam weapons are not going to tear through its armor, drones are not going to do much against it. It would take several 100 drones to destroy it then, more than a Hive.

I should say the Aurora's we have seen so far, which I suspect do not have ZPMs.
                        I disagree. We've seen beam weapons cause minimal damage to Wraith ships at times while drones eat through said ships very easily with no exceptions.

I would say maybe the Asuran aurora's might be at that level. However all the Lantian ones we've seen have accounted for themselves in battle extremely well. We saw larrin's Aurora destroy another Aurora very easily, it appeared only a few drones at max struck the ship in BASMR and yet those were enough to destroy said vessel. Drones are as effective as beam weapons in a lot of cases, in some case they're more effective when fired in numbers.
                        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Dpil236 View Post
                          i think we are gonna see those aliens beacause why would TPTB just create a brand new cg for one episode...
                          Grace?

I thought the new enemy soldiers looked like Borg rip-offs, I hope they aren't going to be mentioned again.

Comment

Originally posted by General Yogi Bear View Post
                            The new alien ship sort of looked like the ship that attacked Apophis's ship from the SG-1 Episode Enemies in the first episode of season 5. I wonder if they are the same race. Or maybe the same race that attacked the Promethus in the season 7 episode Grace.
                            Those were replicators.

Cephalus
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cephalus View Post
                              Those were replicators.

Cephalus
                              It was never mentioned that they were Replicators. The ship was a whole new design and there wasn't any Replicator in that episode. Plus if they would have been Replicators I don't think they would send back the crew to the Prometheus.

EDIT: Sorry I thought you talking about the alien ship from Grace
                              Last edited by HunGripen; 03 August 2008, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
                                Maybe the city shields are being retconned, like the ZAT third shot, or the recent 304 transport can't beam through shields..
                                I really hated that. Or can the Daedalus only beam out with it's shields up and not in? I know I should know this but have we ever seen the Daedalus beam someone onboard with their shields up?

Vala,

Comment

Working...
                                X