Daedalus Variations alien ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
    Since the beams can be fired en masse, never seen limited, and can have a power tweaked to fit the plot, I don't see how that makes this new situation any more interesting in terms of show quality.
    That puts those ships on par with Ori ships, nah?
    Originally posted by Woden View Post
    Very good observation. 3 shots are enough, if i remember right, to destroy an ori mothership.
    The reason 3 took out ori mothership was becuase ZPM was attached. Which may indicate it gave the beams a boost or it could just be really powerful and 3 shots take out the badest of the bad.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
      Since the beams can be fired en masse, never seen limited, and can have a power tweaked to fit the plot, I don't see how that makes this new situation any more interesting in terms of show quality.
      That puts those ships on par with Ori ships, nah?

Yeah, what a surprise.

Don't be afraid, next time you see them they'll be super stupid and killed with wood sticks.
      Weren't the beams understrenth anyways?

Comment

If those weapons could drain Atlantis' shield in barely a few dozen shots then they are by far the most powerful weapons ever seen in SG. There's no way that could have been a full ZPM.
        Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
          If those weapons could drain Atlantis' shield in barely a few dozen shots then they are by far the most powerful weapons ever seen in SG. There's no way that could have been a full ZPM.
          Most,
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
            Not complaining about it but the alien vessel looks a it Startrekish in design.
            Agreed.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Sorta looks like a Jem'Hadar vessel to.
              sigpic

Comment

I too thought it looked more like a Star Destroyer from Star Wars than anything Star Trek.
                From this day to the ending of the world,
                We in it shall be remembered --
                We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
                - Shakespeare's Henry V

Comment

Originally posted by Imperator View Post
                  I too thought it looked more like a Star Destroyer from Star Wars than anything Star Trek.
                  Now that you mention it from the bottom if you really think about it, it does.

EDIT: Those weapons also looked kinda like covenant weapons.
                  Last edited by Cephalus; 02 August 2008, 03:16 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Regarding those aliens:
                    Spoiler:

First Contact
                    "So far, we've got a terrific, BIG two-parter planned. I suspect that the page count in the Daniel/McKay scenes (featuring the two fastest-talking actors in show business) will have the scheduling gurus doing back-flips. Remember that new enemy I mentioned? Oh, and Marty G. will be doing the honors on this one."
                    (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)

Comment

I believe the "new enemy" refers to First Contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Cephalus View Post
                        Now that you mention it from the bottom if you really think about it, it does.

EDIT: Those weapons also looked kinda like covenant weapons.
                        like in halo????
                        *Turn in your P-90 for a MP7; the standard issue weapon for any SG Team*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by =SGA=Jason_Binn View Post
                          like in halo????
                          Yep.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori View Post
                            Not complaining about it but the alien vessel looks a it Startrekish in design.
                            I thought it looked like a Husnock warship.

Some one just mentioned Halo & it made me chuckle because I believe the Husnock warship "glassed" Delta Rana (a human agrarian colony) from orbit, just as Harvest was "glassed" by the Covenant.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the alien fighters look similar to Magog Swarm Ships from the rear perspective & they seem to serve the same ship boarding function.
                            Last edited by Argosy; 02 August 2008, 05:49 PM. Reason: left something out.
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:
                            Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                            *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                            DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                            DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

The new alien ship sort of looked like the ship that attacked Apophis's ship from the SG-1 Episode Enemies in the first episode of season 5. I wonder if they are the same race. Or maybe the same race that attacked the Promethus in the season 7 episode Grace.

Comment

My favorite thing about the alien vessel was the launch tubes through which the fighters exited the ship. It was a nice difference from the large hangers typically portrayed in science fiction.
                                Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X