What can beat the Andromeda Ascendant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
    Lol, maybe that's why he asked it in the first place? So what's with the insults?
    Fanboys are saying things without forst consulting whether their theories weren't already busted. It gets irritaiting.

Comment

Yes, perhaps so, but what I meant was thekillman clearly didn't know anything about Andromeda and its ships. And as there were no info about the matter, he asked a question which obviously got you little frustrated. He noticed this and ''apologized''. As a result he got more insults from Cap.Dylan Hunt.

I think you both misinterpreted what he said because of the grammar he used...or not. I rest my case anyway.
      Last edited by PeteJ; 23 June 2008, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap.Dylan Hunt View Post
        They did damage to the Magog World ship above Arkology Heck dylan launched all he had at the World ship.
        they were aiming for the sun, against a ship itself, it does nothing

and my age....what does it matter? It just goes to show how invalid your argument is when you try to insult me based on my age. I can't even bother to argue with people who try to nitpick at age RATHER THAN DEBATE THE TOPIC.

Give me the 304 with zpm's and u can take the andromeda. Guaranteed I would win.
        sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Originally posted by Amann View Post
          they were aiming for the sun, against a ship itself, it does nothing

and my age....what does it matter? It just goes to show how invalid your argument is when you try to insult me based on my age. I can't even bother to argue with people who try to nitpick at age RATHER THAN DEBATE THE TOPIC.

Give me the 304 with zpm's and u can take the andromeda. Guaranteed I would win.
          Nothing of the sort, i asked you age because only someone without a elementary or higher level of education would know that it is imposible to exceed the speed of light (exept FTL drives but thos eexploit loopholes in physics).

Now will you please try to prome my points wrong instead of throwing unbacked statements around?

edit: how do you "win" if you can't hit the enemy?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
            Nothing of the sort, i asked you age because only someone without a elementary or higher level of education would know that it is imposible to exceed the speed of light (exept FTL drives but thos eexploit loopholes in physics).

Now will you please try to prome my points wrong instead of throwing unbacked statements around?

edit: how do you "win" if you can't hit the enemy?
            that is the point, andromeda cannot exceed the speed of light in normal space, neither can any ship. Stargate ships can catch up to the andromeda.....it isnt unhittable. I like the argument of how people say that andromeda will just 180 and then get out of there if a beam weapon is shot. The dedalus would catch up and take it out. THAT is the point. I even stated that ships cannot exceed the speed of light without hyperdrive.
            sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Now that im back. We never said that Andromeda can exceed the speed of light. But its weapons can come close. And as Tom stated. Andromeda uses its AG fields to reduce its mass. Which inturn lets it move the way it does. Which is another reason that your BC-304 would never stand a chance against Andromeda.
              What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Some times you have to roll a hard six-Admiral Adama

sigpic -Rest in Peace Battlestar Pegasus. BS62!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
                Lol, maybe that's why he asked it in the first place? So what's with the insults?
                No. He said that The World Ship and The Wrath of Archilles were not Andromeda Ships.
                What ever i am now, what ever this makes me, what evers happened to me, it doesnt change the man i am, have been, or want to be.- Colonel Saul Tigh.

Comment

my point was: i know some stuff about it. but i didnt know these two were from andromeda. i thought the idea of the topic was to find ships outside the andromedaverse that can beat the damn ship. but if nothing in stargate can defeat it[even though tossing a gate inside a sun when the andromeda is too close would do the trick, or the asuran sattelite, and the replicators would SURELY destroy it [milkyway ones ofcourse] using their massive knowledge, they would simply hack andromeda. or use some of their replicator missiles, who could easily destroy andromeda.

its just that the whole andromeda thing is like
                  "this is a ship, its nearly invincible as you cant hit it due to amazing evasion powers and its awesome missiles"
                  it runs out of missiles eventually. period. those gigatons. the deadalus' shields can take some 600-700 GT. missiles can be shot down. relativistic or not. use a particle weapon[which earth has]or some lazer, and its down. it has no shields. fire all the deadalus' missiles in a grid round it and detonate, and its gone. the nukes blinds it, radiation does damage. a few gatebusters, and it cannot stand up to it. yes, asgard beaming jammer works on an EM frequency. but even though andromeda jams alot of EM frequencies, there's a chance it doesnt jam the beaming tech.

personally, i think the andromeda[vessel] is stupid. if only two ships from its universe can defeat it, its defo fanwank. the oddy can be defeated by many ships. it hasnt, because of circumstances. AOT had a highly enhanced shield cause it was dead in the water, and the replis, seeing their nature, most likely used all asgard knowledge to enhance them far enough to withstand it properly

Comment

Originally posted by Cap.Dylan Hunt View Post
                    No. He said that The World Ship and The Wrath of Archilles were not Andromeda Ships.
                    No he didn't, read my post from the previous page.

^^As thekillman said.

Comment

and dylan you moron. i said the first post and this entire thread didnt state that they were andromean ships. thats why i asked it. you are a moron, only wanting to insult someone. if you werent so stupid, you wouldve known what i asked. and i edited the message, but you only read the original, which was a vague one, thats why i edited it!

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        my point was: i know some stuff about it. but i didnt know these two were from andromeda. i thought the idea of the topic was to find ships outside the andromedaverse that can beat the damn ship. but if nothing in stargate can defeat it[even though tossing a gate inside a sun when the andromeda is too close would do the trick, or the asuran sattelite, and the replicators would SURELY destroy it [milkyway ones ofcourse] using their massive knowledge, they would simply hack andromeda. or use some of their replicator missiles, who could easily destroy andromeda.

its just that the whole andromeda thing is like
                        "this is a ship, its nearly invincible as you cant hit it due to amazing evasion powers and its awesome missiles"
                        it runs out of missiles eventually. period. those gigatons. the deadalus' shields can take some 600-700 GT. missiles can be shot down. relativistic or not. use a particle weapon[which earth has]or some lazer, and its down. it has no shields. fire all the deadalus' missiles in a grid round it and detonate, and its gone. the nukes blinds it, radiation does damage. a few gatebusters, and it cannot stand up to it. yes, asgard beaming jammer works on an EM frequency. but even though andromeda jams alot of EM frequencies, there's a chance it doesnt jam the beaming tech.

personally, i think the andromeda[vessel] is stupid. if only two ships from its universe can defeat it, its defo fanwank. the oddy can be defeated by many ships. it hasnt, because of circumstances. AOT had a highly enhanced shield cause it was dead in the water, and the replis, seeing their nature, most likely used all asgard knowledge to enhance them far enough to withstand it properly
                        The show was based on the ship ANDROMEDA. Thats why the show was named Andromeda. And thats also why only two ships in the show could destroy it. One of them being a High Gaurd Ship its self.
                        Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        and dylan you moron. i said the first post and this entire thread didnt state that they were andromean ships. thats why i asked it. you are a moron, only wanting to insult someone. if you werent so stupid, you wouldve known what i asked. and i edited the message, but you only read the original, which was a vague one, thats why i edited it!
                        Really. The best you can come up with is a moron. Wow. That phases me alot. Maybe you should reavaluate that. Honestly. You are trying to find anything from stargate to destroy it. Now i love Stargate too. But your gate into sun idea is about the only thing that would work, but its not a ship so it doesnt count in this thread.

Comment

1.) Odyssey with a Full ZPM with the Original SG-1, Major Marks operating it and Thor maintaining the Asgard systems. Horizon Platform-equipped.

Asgard Beam Cannons shred everything from shields to organic hulls. Horizon Platform is essentially a "Planet Buster." Rail Guns, Mk. 9 Nukes aren't too shabby either.

2.) Upgraded Voyager - its essentially a one-ship war-machine.

3.) Dark Willow
                          sigpic
                          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                          ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                            1.) Odyssey with a Full ZPM with the Original SG-1, Major Marks operating it and Thor maintaining the Asgard systems. Horizon Platform-equipped.

Asgard Beam Cannons shred everything from shields to organic hulls. Horizon Platform is essentially a "Planet Buster." Rail Guns, Mk. 9 Nukes aren't too shabby either.

2.) Upgraded Voyager - its essentially a one-ship war-machine.

3.) Dark Willow
                            We have already ruled out the asgard beams. And a ZPM powered BC-304 wouldnt make that much of diffrence. You could have 10 ZPM's, but if you cant hit your target, then what good is it.

Comment

andromeda:

has missiles. well at the firespeed you stated, deadalus withstands some 6-7 strikes. you can say it has alot of missile tubes. but deadalus has about the same. relativistic missiles. well they are missiles. they can be shot down. or we just fire a nuke and detonate it in time. with our nukes, thats no problem.

has PD lasers. lasers yea. but they cut. lasers cut. thats what their meant for. these PDL's, however, were said by an andromeda fan, to deactivate missiles by blinding them. tauri missiles run off the ships sensors, so no use. they are lasers, they have no use against shields.

has an AI. well AI's are only so smart.

now oddyssey:
                              Has A computercore. asgard legacy. so it can fashion some particle weapon to take out andromeda. or a superlaser. defo would take out andromeda. or other weapons and technology. controls the ship for maximum efficiency.

has beam weapons. well you can tell me alot, but we dont know their speed, yet seeing their damage, it can easily be relativistic. even when not, it can fire enough, combined with nukes, to take out andromeda. it cant outmaneuver forever. the beam weapons are a onehitkill on the andromeda, so its only for so long before on hits. just a matter of time.

dialation field. it can throw a dialation field around it and andromeda, so both are in a single confined space. who's your daddy?

Hyperdrive: it can keep up with andromeda.

ZPM. need i say more? incase of yes, well no underpowering of a 304. need i say more?
                              yes? well it can turn the ship into a stationary superfortress. all it needs to do is live through the initial missille barrage. missiles down, main andromeda missiles down, tadaa, move in to finish off.

asgard beam weapons. twice? yea twice. they are the original ones, so most efficient. faster[being more coherent], and deadlier.

nukes. well we had 1200 MT mines. so they are powerfull aswell.

missiles. well they carry nukes. so..... PDs scrambling targeting wont work: they run off oddys sensors

sensors: some of the most advanced. so andromeda is detected.

cloak: based off ancient, ascended, and ori knowledge. made by priordaniel/descended merlin. need i say more? yes? well andromeda wont detect it. cloaks fast enough on arrival to render the inital long range attack useless. railguns can be fired[ It was stated PLASMA WEAPONS wont work. nothing bout railguns]

Railguns. an anti-missile defender's dream. also used offensively.

shields. can be impenetrable when in superfortress mode. or just supertough when moving. terribly advanced. can take OVER 7 barrages of andromean missiles. in fortress mode, about 20 or more.

302's. space/air superiority fighter. or just a weapons delivery system if you need to.

so when it comes to ships, oddy STANDS A CHANCE. ofcourse there's no pwnage from both sides. the only thing that determines the outcome is an unsureness factor of unknown value.

Comment

How about fast and highly maneuverable ships like the Jem Hadar Fighters with breen energy dampening weapon, phased polaron beams and torpedoes. They seem to be fast enough to dodge phaser blast at .99c or 1c, so why could that not take on Andromeda. Star Trek vessels like the Jem Hadar fighter or the federation Defiant class, and Species 8472 have high maneuverability and weapon systems that are very good. Star Trek is basically Andromeda's cousin series. Same creator, different universes with similar utopian undertones before the fall.

Now, Stargate universe vessels have a problem other than the fighter craft; most ships are focused on capital ship design and combat. They are not maneuverable, so that is a weakness.

Battlestar galactica can take the hits, but it might not be able to maneuver will enough even with fighter wings to take on andromeda.

The other universe have varying degree of weapons and ships. I actually think Babylon 5 ship would fare very well against Andromeda; especially, Vorlon, Shadow, and White star type vessels. Fast, high powered weapons, and interesting strengths. White stars have the same advantage of andromeda AI intelligence in that they are bio-engineered ships that can learn from battle and make it more efficient each time.
                                Beyond all odds, life will find a way

-Jurassic Park

Comment

Working...
                                X