No announcement yet.

New Earth Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well the computers and stuff like taht are upgradeable what should be kept is teh design of teh warship also wouldnt it be better to have a regular 303 be built so taht it can take on the task of being an intergalactic taxi
    sigpic

Comment

No, becouse the 303 wasn't designed with our current tech in mind. it's like still building ships from the 17th century, just becouse it's easier than making a new design.
      sigpic

Spoiler:
      Originally posted by IMDB
      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
      Hehe

Comment

actually building ships from the 17th century is still done but it is remarkably harder then building new ships

Just look up the Batavia and Zeven Provinciën replicas

www.darkarmada.nl
        www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

but not to fight a war.

its like using 21th century tech on a wooden raft to fight a war with. a 304 is a ship with fully integrated tech and built to house the technology

Comment

and yet still 3rd world countries use ships we no longer want to have, ships from like ww2...

So I wouldn't think it is strange to see the 303 be revived. Just not by the countries that have access to the 304.

I can see a country like Indonesia (if they ever get anything) use a 303, they cannot be trusted with a 304

www.darkarmada.nl
            www.runescape.com

Comment

i still think its worthless to be revived

Comment

you are thinking from a western point of view, they'd be happy with it for it would make them independent on us. They will get the feeling now we can defend ourself too.

Would you give a 3rd world country a 304? I'd never do that

www.darkarmada.nl
                www.runescape.com

Comment

i would never give anyone a 304, i'd make em all property of the IOA

Comment

that would give one organisation all power, and I'm not comfortable with that. Give each nation it's own fleet. But have the IOA be what NATO now is. So the IOA has got some say in it, but not all.

www.darkarmada.nl
                    www.runescape.com

Comment

IOA is umbrella of all nations.

IOA>Nations. therefore, it's safer. and nations make it up, none of its members would allow one member to become extremely powerful

i would allow only nations who are financially potent and have their problems sorted. so russia is kicked out. all have to make financial and technological (and manpower) contributions.

Comment

Personally I think the Benelux should become part of the IOA

www.darkarmada.nl
                        www.runescape.com

Comment

isnt it already?

Comment

I have only seen a Belgian in Rising, but no Dutchmen nor a Luxembourgian

www.darkarmada.nl
                            www.runescape.com

Comment

well, wasnt one of the two guys in The Other Guys dutch?

Comment

I don't have that episode

www.darkarmada.nl
                                www.runescape.com

Comment

Working...
                                X