i was mistaken.

but this guy, judging his name, seems dutch

Woeste
    Friesen
    Loeder

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      IOA is umbrella of all nations.

IOA>Nations. therefore, it's safer. and nations make it up, none of its members would allow one member to become extremely powerful

i would allow only nations who are financially potent and have their problems sorted. so russia is kicked out. all have to make financial and technological (and manpower) contributions.
      *facepalm*

Killman, there will (hopefully) come a time when you will realize that keeping out a nuclear nation from a global conspiracy is a very bad idea.

Comment

what can they really do? beam away the nukes they fire.

Comment

OK I have been thinking about this for a while. The Prommey was a good ship, but was only a test bed. I new ship needs to be brought in. I think something simmilar to th Prommey would be the best. It is a simple design that can be updated, power supply being one of them.

Comment

i would allow only nations who are financially potent and have their problems sorted.
            It's hard to have an organization with no members.

Comment

what can they really do? beam away the nukes they fire.
              They don't have to do anything. It's public outrage that's going to do it, and espionage.

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
              It's hard to have an organization with no members.

Comment

America would be out too fr they don't have their problems solved.

www.darkarmada.nl
                www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

all countries have problems. i mean, major problems. most western countries have the major problems solved. they are, for example, democracies. their people are free, there are laws, they follow Human Rights. Russia is a rather poor country (aside from the Upper classes). so thats a problem to be solved

Comment

all countries have problems. i mean, major problems. most western countries have the major problems solved. they are, for example, democracies. their people are free, there are laws, they follow Human Rights. Russia is a rather poor country (aside from the Upper classes). so thats a problem to be solved
                    Even in these free, democratic nations, there are still oppressed peoples. The criteria that you're trying to apply to members of the IOA are simply unworkable unless you ignore the negative things about certain countries.

And as for human rights, if you were strict about that, the USA wouldn't be allowed in.

Comment

do you not know that in your own country atleast 25% of the children onder de armoede grens leven>?

Ehh is that too not bad?

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Comment

Yech, the topic turned political.

Anywho, what was on my mind was already posted before, such as us constructing a pair of smaller ships (Al'kesh and Tel'Tak sized). I always thought it a waste of resources to take a 304 for simple team extraction or scouting.

The more advanced we get, the more ships, the less it feels like Stargate... even if our ships are just cool to see in action.

Comment

loc, nobody has to be poor here. its just that you cant see the forest through the trees with all the forms, papers, laws, etc. but nobody has to beg for money, infact you should be able to live quite nicely. for a poor person

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post
                            Yech, the topic turned political.
                            MOVING ON.

If you all want to debate the worthiness of various nations, make anotehr thread about it.

Smaller ships are definitely the way to go. Perhaps going as far as giving them modular cargo pods that can be hangars, cargo rooms, troop pods or extra weaponry.

Comment

loc, nobody has to be poor here. its just that you cant see the forest through the trees with all the forms, papers, laws, etc. but nobody has to beg for money, infact you should be able to live quite nicely. for a poor person
                              not until my dad starts paying alimony

www.darkarmada.nl
                              www.runescape.com

Comment

Smaller ships are definitely the way to go. Perhaps going as far as giving them modular cargo pods that can be hangars, cargo rooms, troop pods or extra weaponry.
                                you mean, the ship can pick up the right pods to fit a new function? like the Deadalus dropping off it's hangar bays and replacing them with, say, reactor Pods for extra power?

Comment

Working...
                                X