Pea shooters against Replicators - Outcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
    there are many ways to cover up explosions, such as terrorists or "gas leaks"
    also when ever such a thing happens they always clear civilians out of the area, for celebrities people its a different story people with cameras are in the area, also with operations that can use .50 cals or rockets they will clear off sections so no one is there to witness it.
    1. If you were to use terrorists as a reason you would have to explain a lot to average joe such as What, Why, When, and most importantly Who and I don't think America wants to go to war with another terrorists group

2. If you say Gas Leak, people would have to be really stupid to think that spaced out explosions instead of one big one. So stop saying Gas Leak, a Gas leak is one big explosions instead of spaces out small explosions

3. Finally they would have to tell a reason why to rope off an area and then you know someone will try and see why its roped off and thats just bad news
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
      1. If you were to use terrorists as a reason you would have to explain a lot to average joe such as What, Why, When, and most importantly Who and I don't think America wants to go to war with another terrorists group

2. If you say Gas Leak, people would have to be really stupid to think that spaced out explosions instead of one big one. So stop saying Gas Leak, a Gas leak is one big explosions instead of spaces out small explosions

3. Finally they would have to tell a reason why to rope off an area and then you know someone will try and see why its roped off and thats just bad news
      1. that was just a example. by terrorists it doesnt have to be alquida, it could be a emo group or maybe just a kid with some explosives trying them out

2.perhaps gas leak wasnt a good example here

3.roping off a area is effective, normal people dont look, just tell them its dangerous or something or arrest them

in the end which is better having to cover something up or killing the replicator?
      Last edited by jhkplaya888; 06 February 2008, 08:50 PM.
      Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
      Anime signature in spoiler tag
      Spoiler:
      Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

"And you think that your super soldier weapon would have any effect on the rep, he would adapt quickly, or simply absorb the energy! Our primative weapons chip away at its cells wearing it down."

Yes it would be because this 'Earth based' Replicator has very limited replication ability and would have been destroyed.

This is not the advanced MW Human or Asuran Replicator that can adapt and replicate/repair at will. And even they could only 'adapt' so much...They are not going to be able to adapt to a direct nuke hit, or beam weapons or drones or ship ion cannons etc.

Since they studied the Super solider extensively, WTF have they not duplicated his weapons at least. That very rapid fire/long distance weapon of his would be incredibly useful and effective against nearly all enemies (personal shields as well), except against 'real' Replicators.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
          "And you think that your super soldier weapon would have any effect on the rep, he would adapt quickly, or simply absorb the energy! Our primative weapons chip away at its cells wearing it down."

Yes it would be because this 'Earth based' Replicator has very limited replication ability and would have been destroyed.

This is not the advanced MW Human or Asuran Replicator that can adapt and replicate/repair at will. And even they could only 'adapt' so much...They are not going to be able to adapt to a direct nuke hit, or beam weapons or drones or ship ion cannons etc.

Since they studied the Super solider extensively, WTF have they not duplicated his weapons at least. That very rapid fire/long distance weapon of his would be incredibly useful and effective against nearly all enemies (personal shields as well), except against 'real' Replicators.
          Except for the fact that energy weapons damage differently than other weapons, you seem to beleive that they act in the same way, energy weapons dont impact rep cells like ours do, reps just absorb the energy of the energy weapons, also the rep on earth was immune to our anti red weapons so why wouldnt it be able to adapt quickly to others if it wasnt already immune, almost as soon as that scientist told him about how we were tracking him he could shut down/block ou the signal.
          Perhaps there is someone working on copying the SS tech, but i would rather see a shotgun rip into a rep than an energy weapon. In a wraith episode i might rather see the SS weapon.
          Personally i would rather spend money on starships then personal weapons, when ours still proove very effective.
          sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
          Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

Ronon's energy weapon did damage the Replicator.

And by the time Ronon gets off 1 shot, 10+ shots can be fired by the Supersolider weapon.

Supersolier weapons, weapons in both arms firing continously at a very rapid rate=destruction of Earth based Replicator. Probably can get 20 shots off within 1-2 seconds.

Comment

Ronon's energy weapon did damage the Replicator.

And by the time Ronon gets off 1 shot, 10+ shots can be fired by the Supersolider weapon.

Supersolier weapons, weapons in both arms firing continously at a very rapid rate=destruction of Earth based Replicator. Probably can get 20 shots off within 1-2 seconds.
              His weapon didnt damage is appeared to disrupt energy, or stunn them, theres a diff. They are also diff types of energy, ronons gun may have a better energy type. Also your missing one huge thing here, the super soldier weapons are goauld, all goauld weapons were inefective against the replicators.
              sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
              Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

Nope. Ronon's gun damaged the replicator. There was a semi-hole on his side before he turned his attention on John (after discarding Ronon like a rag doll).

IF this Replicator can adapt. It certainly cannot regenerate like the MW Reps or Asurans.

No single Replicator has adapted by itself to new weapons fire. Example: How many 'dead' Asurans did take before they became immune to Ronon's gun? He off'd at least 4-5. Then they all became immune to it. Same with any new energy weapon. Takes time to adapt to a new type of energy, time no single Rep has unless it managed to escape from the initial onslaught (then maybe).

When has this earth Rep felt Supersolider energy fire before or even regular G'ould? Never.

Comment

Where was the fire power John was talking about?

They use pathetic P90's and that ridiculous sidearm against the Replicator in Outcast.

Powerful energy weapons anyone??

Ridiculous to think that all this time they can't come with an energy based fire arm.
                  Uh... they were using Shotguns and MP7s. The shotgun is nothing but raw power. And the MP7 is a SMG that's comparable in stopping power to a M16.

Time for that plot hole to fixed: Earth needs energy based hand guns.

If Carter can make the far more advanced ARGs, making mere guns should be a cake walk.

"Do we watch the same show???"

You get your zat out, and I'll bring my super solider weapons. I will kill you 99.99% of the time, that .01% is if you took me by complete surprise.

Zats are useless.
                  It's not a plothole, stop calling everything a plothole! Jesus Christ.

Hand held energy weapons are pointless, we have literally hundreds upon hundreds of different small arms at our disposal, a lot of them very effective are killing things. Why waste money researching something so redundant?

There's a difference between being able to do something, and wanting to do something. Besides, Stargate isn't that kind of show, let earth keep their earth based weapons. I don't want it filled with people shooting lasers at each other, it's not fricking Startrek.

And Zats aren't useless, you don't always have to shoot to kill you know.

You've no idea what you're talking about. Everyone's proven you wrong already, but the reason you keep going is because this is the internet and there's no one there to punch you in the face for being so obnoxiously annoying.
                  Last edited by Detox; 09 February 2008, 04:28 PM.
                  These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

^I just told you that Ronon's gun did damage the Replicator!

What the SG teams obviously lack is a very powerful hand held weapon.

Just like the 304's lacked a very powerful primary weapon.

Quite obvious.

Comment

damage equivalent to the shot gun, tell me now which one is cheaper to produce? The Zat is a potent hand held weapon, and a 9mm is not a weak gun if you get shot you will probably die, if you go against a replicator your not gonna kill it with ronon's gun any way so it makes no difference.
                      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
                        Uh... they were using Shotguns and MP7s. The shotgun is nothing but raw power. And the MP7 is a SMG that's comparable in stopping power to a M16.

It's not a plothole, stop calling everything a plothole! Jesus Christ.

Hand held energy weapons are pointless, we have literally hundreds upon hundreds of different small arms at our disposal, a lot of them very effective are killing things. Why waste money researching something so redundant?

There's a difference between being able to do something, and wanting to do something. Besides, Stargate isn't that kind of show, let earth keep their earth based weapons. I don't want it filled with people shooting lasers at each other, it's not fricking Startrek.

And Zats aren't useless, you don't always have to shoot to kill you know.

You've no idea what you're talking about. Everyone's proven you wrong already, but the reason you keep going is because this is the internet and there's no one there to punch you in the face for being so obnoxiously annoying.
                        amen to that

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                        Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                        X