Pea shooters against Replicators - Outcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
    Yes its weird how we have ships but no hand held weapons byt why are you always so damn condescending?
    It is just how I come across. I generally don't mean too.

No race has handheld combat assault weapons that work like we do. P-90's, MP7's are basically urban close quarter weapons. A staff weapon doesn't work so well in such a confined space. It is also why we win so often. Our teams take cover and can carefully aim their weapons. the other side basically can't really take cover just stand their and get shot while they try to shoot.

An energy weapon for SGC personnel could be no larger than a p-90 with rapid fire abilities. Ronan's gun is useful but isn't rapid fire.

Comment

Most guns favored by the SG people have high rates of fire. Extremely high compared to any energy weapon we have seen except possibly the Anubis Super Soldier weapons.

I do not know exactly but most of their weapons seem to kick out greater than 500 RPM (rounds per minute). They also have very high accuracy.

Ronans gun is a great side arm. It seems to be capable of firing about the same number of shots per minute as one of our side arms, with more kick and a stun setting.

What we need is a rifle version of that.

Also remember that cost is a factor. They spend multi billions on those fancy ships, fire arms are incredibly cheap to produce so instead of spending another billion refitting all their troops with energy guns they build more 304s.

Comment

Energy weapons are expensive and all of the other reasons that have been stated above, also energy weapons are completely ineffective against replicators, so why use them. Though all conventional weapons are also useless.
        Best quotes ever:
        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
        Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
        Thor:I like the yellow ones
        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
          Zats are nearly useless.
          Um... what?
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Energy weapons are dirt cheap to make (virtually anything else as well), use the Asgard replication device.

The Odyssey has a ZPM, to make 1 energy weapon the 'cost' of power would be so small, probably need to make 1,000 Trillion hand held weapons before the ZPM drains.

Ronon's gun would be excellent. Far better would be Super solider weapon. And better would be a hand held version of the Asgard beam (slicing away anythiing, including replicators and Super soliders, personal shields, nothing is going to withstand that much concentrated raw fire power).

Zats are useless in combat, very limited range, first shot stuns.

Energy weapons would do more damage or way more damage to Wraith, personal shields and possibly Replicators.

Comment

Energy weapons are dirt cheap to make (virtually anything else as well), use the Asgard replication device.

The Odyssey has a ZPM, to make 1 energy weapon the 'cost' of power would be so small, probably need to make 1,000 Trillion hand held weapons before the ZPM drains.

Ronon's gun would be excellent. Far better would be Super solider weapon. And better would be a hand held version of the Asgard beam (slicing away anythiing, including replicators and Super soliders, personal shields, nothing is going to withstand that much concentrated raw fire power).

Zats are useless in combat, very limited range, first shot stuns.

Energy weapons would do more damage or way more damage to Wraith, personal shields and possibly Replicators.

Do we watch the same show??? just coz it stuns dosent mean its useless in combat. also the show just wouldnt be the same if we didnt use P90's, MP7's, G36's. ect

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
              Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Where was the fire power John was talking about?

They use pathetic P90's and that ridiculous sidearm against the Replicator in Outcast.

Powerful energy weapons anyone??

Ridiculous to think that all this time they can't come with an energy based fire arm.
                there were far worse inconsistencies than that

like for example how were humans able to create a replicator that is resistant to the Anti-Replicator-Weapon (which afaik is an Ancient weapon)

even the MW replicators couldn't do that - they could only modify themselves to adapt to one given "frequency" at a time - yet the MW replicators also knew how the ARW worked, way better than humans do (once Replicarter had downloaded the specs)

Comment

Personally I think the fact that we see 6 guys or whatever going in for a rep in the first place. They go in teams of 2. Bates takes the sneaky coniving scientist with him. Not even thinking of the possibility that when his concentration was elsewhere, this guy might either go on the run, or give him a smack & run off to meet his creation.

If that had in any way been real, we'd have seen helicopters with their chain guns, tanks, Hummers with the .50 cal's etc.

The soldiers would have been using far heavier weapons.

Not to mention they could have removed everyone from the vicinity, then had Apollo beam down a warhead & obliterate the surrounding area.

Easily cover it up as a gas explosion or whatever!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post

If that had in any way been real, we'd have seen helicopters with their chain guns, tanks, Hummers with the .50 cal's etc.

The soldiers would have been using far heavier weapons.

Not to mention they could have removed everyone from the vicinity, then had Apollo beam down a warhead & obliterate the surrounding area.

Easily cover it up as a gas explosion or whatever!
                    a large bomb doesn't cut it. you can't guarantee a kill. No a dedicated sweep team is needed. But I agree that team should have had helicopter assistance armed with a nice big chain gun. also one of those AW's would have been useful.

Comment

yes, the asgard should of invented some sort of energy weapon i mean shesh, even though they cant use it now because of cloning there was a time when they had the strength. and even if they didnt we have the knowledge why not make our own...
                      Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                      Anime signature in spoiler tag
                      Spoiler:
                      Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

I think the reason that we don't make an energy weapon is that Kinetic Weapons have been better in the past they have several major advantages over energy weapons, stealth, full auto, able to hurt replicators, etc...

So why stop using something that is easy to use and easy to make and has worked better then energy weapons

Also why spend time researching energy weapons instead of other tech from the Asgard?
                        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic
                        So whats the worst that could happen?
                        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                          While there certainly were better choices (Shepard's shotgun was a pretty good call), MP-7 certainly wasn't the worst for that environment and against that particular enemy. Not to mention that we have not yet seen any hole-punching energy weapons sufficiently small for maneuvering in close quarters (zats and Wraith stunners don't count, for obvious reasons).
                          Against a biological enemy it probably would have been a passable, if not ideal choice yes. Against a replicator though it was ridiculous. How much obvious physical damage to some guy made out of metal is a bullet that small going to do exactly?

They almost would need to treat him like more of small vehicle than a human. You can't just poke a few small holes in him or bust up his internal organs and expect him to go down like a living thing. You've pretty much got to blow him completely apart. Even a vehicle can be knocked out our destroyed by one good hit to the right location though so he's actually something even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                            Against a biological enemy it probably would have been a passable, if not ideal choice yes. Against a replicator though it was ridiculous. How much obvious physical damage to some guy made out of metal is a bullet that small going to do exactly?

They almost would need to treat him like more of small vehicle than a human. You can't just poke a few small holes in him or bust up his internal organs and expect him to go down like a living thing. You've pretty much got to blow him completely apart. Even a vehicle can be knocked out our destroyed by one good hit to the right location though so he's actually something even worse.
                            yes, rocket launchers and grenade launchers would of been better weapon choices
                            Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                            Anime signature in spoiler tag
                            Spoiler:
                            Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                              yes, rocket launchers and grenade launchers would of been better weapon choices
                              Not in a civilian area, their could have been huge collateral damage so it would have been a horrible idea also it would have attracted not only local authorities but the average joe to the scene. Something the SGC, IOA, and the NID would not have wanted.

So using what they did was a decent choice but nothing what you are recommending thats to much and cause to much noise
                              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                              A Face you Can Trust
                              sigpic
                              So whats the worst that could happen?
                              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

We should have weapons like the ones in Mass Effect
                                MAC- Mass Acceleration Cannon.

Stargate Atlantis Fanatic
                                Replicator wana be

Comment

Working...
                                X