Asgard Beam Weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Nope, logic is quite right.

I think we have been over this before, so going over it is pointless. I have no clue how people are getting inferior from very good replica's. I guess some people will infer whatever they want.

Actually they are exact replicas to the Ancient Auroras minus ZPM.

And very good replicas to the Ancient Aurora's with a ZPM...

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
      ^Nope, logic is quite right.

I think we have been over this before, so going over it is pointless. I have no clue how people are getting inferior from very good replica's. I guess some people will infer whatever they want.

Actually they are exact replicas to the Ancient Auroras minus ZPM.

And very good replicas to the Ancient Aurora's with a ZPM...
      im not infering anything, thats what JM said. i dont see how they can be inferior either but they are. or do you not believe JM

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

They have not showed ANY DIFFERENCE between Larren's Ancient built Aurora and the Asuran ones.

People are just reading too much into the JM's words.

The explaination is right in front of you: NO ZPMs, Todd spelled it out. As many have suggested after BAMSR'd battle.

How can the Asurans built the far more advanced Atlantis (twice over, thrice over if you count Rep Kellers, and in a few weeks, Ancients would take many years!), but not be able to built mere Aurora's to specs.

I have enough of such conversations. On screen peformance shows that I am quite right, as I have been alway right when comparing ship capabilities.

Comment

They have not showed ANY DIFFERENCE between Larren's Ancient built Aurora and the Asuran ones.

The explaination is right in front of you: NO ZPMs, Todd spelled it out. As many have suggested after BAMSR'd battle.

How can the Asurans built the far more advanced Atlantis (twice over, thrice over if you count Rep Kellers, and in a few weeks, Ancients would take many years!), but not be able to built mere Aurora's to specs.

I have enough of such conversations. On screen peformance shows that I am quite right, as I have been alway right when comparing ship capabilities.
          ok if all aurora ships have ZPM's why didnt the aurora and orion?? coz they didnt all have ZPM's. how can you read to much into these words. "asuran auroras are no originals" thats pretty BLUNT. and if you actuly read half of the posts on this forum, you would know your not always right when comparing ship capabilities.

and how is the asurans atlantis more advanced than the ancients?

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
          Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

Asuran Atlantis=Ancient Atlantis, exact copy, DOH.

I went over this several times in this thread:

Todd said: The Lanteans were winning the war against us, until they kept sending in their warships deeper. We were eventually able to capture a ZPM, and a few others.

From which they must have cloned 10's of millions, possbily a billion Wraith clones and maybe helped to grow many ships.

Lanteans learned their lesson: After which none of their warships had ZPMs unless going on special missions I suppose.

Asurans copying the Lanteans exactly, none of Aurora's had ZPMs either.

The reasoning is very simple.

The End. I grow tired of this ****. I will not reply to this thread any longer.

Comment

Asuran Atlantis=Ancient Atlantis, exact copy, DOH.

I went over this several times in this thread:

Todd said: The Lanteans were winning the war against us, until they kept sending in their warships deeper. We were eventually able to capture a ZPM, and a few others.

From which they must have cloned 10's of millions, possbily a billion Wraith clones and maybe helped to grow many ships.

Lanteans learned their lesson: After which none of their warships had ZPMs unless going on special missions I suppose.

Asurans copying the Lanteans exactly, none of Aurora's had ZPMs either.

The reasoning is very simple.

its just that you said "How can the Asurans built the far more advanced Atlantis" so i had to ask. as for your other points thats what i was saying.

this can be the end but i want the last post lol

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:

I like the yellow ones.

OH CRAP!!!

Comment

Considering I really don't care if you declare this "the end," good-bye, and I will hold you to your promise not to reply any longer.

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                its just that you said "How can the Asurans built the far more advanced Atlantis" so i had to ask. as for your other points thats what i was saying.

this can be the end but i want the last post lol
                Eh, whatever. We're way off-topic right now, anyway. Let's get back on the subject of Asgard Beam Weapons and their strength and what-not.
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by NoobTau'ri View Post
                  The feeling is mutual. I also use the word "lady" loosely when tallking about you. Remember when Mr.Oragahn said that I enjoy being molested by my father and you, as a moderator, did nothing about, and yet I got a warning for calling a poster "unintelligent" which is far less grave than what he said? You're the worst moderator ever, and I'm including in this all internet boards I've ever been a member at.
                  noob, you have an issue with me, you take it up with me.
                  I will say just because we didn't flog oraghan publically doesn't mean that he wasn't dealt with
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                    People start to get annoyed when their posts are ignored and their points are glossed over. Some people here simply do not like to be proven wrong, and will ignore most evidence to the contrary of what they're saying; it's been a problem for as long as I've browsed this forum.

Whatever tension is here now is only the result of a good half dozen pages of ignored postings, childish remarks to try and divert attention from some peoples' lack of a clear argument, and, probably, some boredom. If you feel it's necessary to lock the thread... eh, go right ahead. Personally I'd rather just have whatever dumb things were said be snipped and move on.
                    I can understand the feeling, i honestly can. However guys....this forum is supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be recreation. It's not your doctorial dissertation. It's not life and death. It's a way to kill a few hours.

I know that you can get carried away with your topics, but it's just supposed to be a way to have fun and communicate with others.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      I can understand the feeling, i honestly can. However guys....this forum is supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be recreation. It's not your doctorial dissertation. It's not life and death. It's a way to kill a few hours.

I know that you can get carried away with your topics, but it's just supposed to be a way to have fun and communicate with others.
                      you kidding ? this is serious topic
                      during elections I vote according to the candidates' views on civil liberties, humans rights, security, fiscality and asgard beam weapons. don't you ?

Comment

nah, i live in a red state. don't matter who i vote for, my state's electorial votes are already cast.

and i don't lose sleep over asgard beam weapons, it's the zat guns and intertial damneners that rule the day

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          and i don't lose sleep over asgard beam weapons, it's the zat guns and intertial damneners that rule the day
                          "inertial damnation" ? I like the concept :|

Comment

Logic dictates Asuran Aurora's=Ancient Aurora's

Only difference is the ZPM left out (Ancients lef them out later, because of Wraith capturing them), which as I have stated would explain the apparent weakness of the Aurora's.
                            The god of Stargate dictates that they are not equivalent. Belief in a god or not JM in all ways is pretty much what you would call a god for stargate, he has the final say on things and if he wants things to go in a certain way it will.

They haven't been shown inferior or equivalent to either. They also made it out of the fight seemingly without any problems, the crew inside seemed incredibly relaxed. In other words they didnt look like they were worried at all while the next ship shown was the Apollo when their defenses were dangerously low.
                            its what you can get at first glance into a question posted by JM.

PG15 writes: “I thought the Replicator Aurora class ships were kind of weaker than their Lantian cousins in BAMSR. They barely fired any drones and their shields seemed to have come down really fast.”

Answer: Two points - 1. The weapons systems on the Earth ship have been upgraded following the events of Unending. 2. The replicator Aurora-class ships are very good replicas of their original Ancient counterparts. But they are not the originals.

the word replica also has a immediate inferior connotation. And JM just placed the Asuran Aurora beneath that of the Ancients, how we dont know. Could be that the Ancient's shields were stronger or weapons were more powerful.

ZPMs are not standard on ships, they were an upgrade. The original Auroras were operational without them. All i need to do is point out one Ancient Aurora to prove that the ZPM was an upgrade and not standard, i would point out the Travelers, but there is more, the Orion, and the Aurora. The wraith attacked ships that were important as the Aurora was on one of the Ancients incredibly important missions had no ZPM.

How was it more advanced? They said that the stargate wasn't real there were probably more that wasnt real, just replicas. And just because you can build faster doesn't make it better.

There is no proof to show that the Asuran have superior city ships, nothing to prove they had inferior ships, and at most it seems they may have been equivalent. Using what JM said and logic we can place the Asurans below the ancient technological level.
                            Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Puddle Jumper i have as well as others given very logical and good explanations to your arguments if you wish to go backwards, since my posts seemed to have been ignored aswell. Your also ignoring what JM said and are interpreting it the way you want.

And noob tauri, i feel your pain, i had a post of mine deleted which bassically was saying what a mod should, too stop the bickering and get back on topic, but that must be way worse than personall attacks and ignorant arguments right?

Anyway if people wish to argue this further why not start another thread, because this has been off topic for many many pages, and im man enough to admit i myself have posted off topic, but for the sake of the original poster lets talk about the asgard beam weapon.

We see in
                              Spoiler:
                              the kindred pt1 that the asgard beam weapon again can only fire on a fixed location and that a wraith cruiser could easily manuever out of the way, which in one way could be an equalizer
                              sigpic

Surely you cant be serious, I am serious and dont call me shirly.

Danmit. What is it Oneil? I forgot to tape the simpsons .... Its important to me

Sir i think you have gone mad with power.
                              Ofcourse I have, have you ever gone mad without power, its no fun, noone listens to you

Comment

Originally posted by delrey View Post
                                We see in
                                Spoiler:
                                the kindred pt1 that the asgard beam weapon again can only fire on a fixed location and that a wraith cruiser could easily manuever out of the way, which in one way could be an equalizer
                                Yeah, but wasn't that obvious already? All beam weapons are mono-directional; once they're fired, the entire shot's wasted if your target moves. Whereas with energy pulses, you're not wasting nearly as much energy in a single go if you miss.
                                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                                X