Asgard Beam Weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XFire View Post
    Unless the Ancients were incredibly, incredibly stupid, why would they not have beam weapons? Sure their drones can destroy nearly everything, but its expendable... rapidly, have pulse weapons as back up.
    Spoiler:
    In "Be All My Sins Remember'd," we see that Aurora-class ships do have some kind of point-defense weapon; it's used against incoming darts and F-302s.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
      Spoiler:
      In "Be All My Sins Remember'd," we see that Aurora-class ships do have some kind of point-defense weapon; it's used against incoming darts and F-302s.
      you dnt get to see the weapon much though its really a one time thing
      sigpic
      [[[[[Dr Keller]][[For Ever]]]]]

Comment

To, so9119
        Sorry kiddo.. wrong again.
        Railgun pellet's/ammo are smaller than the palm of your hand yet, when you see the gun's firing the shot is larger than the whole gun itself. And with what you said about the size of the drones when the orion fired it's drones at the hive the drones should have been invisible at that distance yet you can clearly see the drones from hundreds of kilometers away.
        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/3...l/nml0474.html
        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/3...l/nml0475.html

Go ahead check the pic yourself, drones are larger than the darts..
        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/3...l/nml0472.html
        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/3...l/nml0471.html

And in No man's land, Zelenka fired the drones at the already damaged hive, the hive that was just nuked moments earlier, as for the second salvo, zelenka said "i cannot give you what i do not have".

I go by what they show on the series, take my advise, stop fantasizing.

Comment

Originally posted by pbutter View Post
          To, so9119
          Sorry kiddo.. wrong again.
          Railgun pellet's/ammo are smaller than the palm of your hand yet, when you see the gun's firing the shot is larger than the whole gun itself. And with what you said about the size of the drones when the orion fired it's drones at the hive the drones should have been invisible at that distance yet you can clearly see the drones from hundreds of kilometers away.
          http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/3...l/nml0474.html
          http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/3...l/nml0475.html

Go ahead check the pic yourself, drones are larger than the darts..
          http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/3...l/nml0472.html
          http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s3/3...l/nml0471.html

And in No man's land, Zelenka fired the drones at the already damaged hive, the hive that was just nuked moments earlier, as for the second salvo, zelenka said "i cannot give you what i do not have".

I go by what they show on the series, take my advise, stop fantasizing.
          Obviously you can see the drones ripping the hive apart, but you cannot see individual ones, can you? NO! You can see streams of them, which is to be expected since hundreds (if not thousands) were launched.

Also, drones are not the size of darts! The ones you see in "No Man's Land" only appear large due to the relative distance between you and the drones and you and the darts. Here:

Drone compared to human
          Dart compared to human

You are wrong. I'm sorry, but there it is directly from the show.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

i thought this thread was about the asgard beam weapons being designed by asgard using the repository. i think its a big insult to the asgard. the fellas came up with the weapon themselves. they were the only in-series alive great race remaining. great race. meaning rivalling the ancients. just because those fellas had nice tech doesnt mean the asgard tech sucks. infact, its a bigger marvel than the ancients. big awesome ships. cool tech. easily design a hyperdrive for a 303, wich they obviously made from scans penetrating our shields. time dialation technology. NIGS. we only saw ancients ZPM's, wich are great, but still batteries. the beam cannons were some of their greatest marvels. not some ancient ripoff. stop insulting them like that.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
              "An Ancient Aurora would be a match for our upgraded BC-304's."

Supposedly.

Only difference I can see is a ZPM: stronger shields, can fire way more drones with one...

Even then a 304 with a ZPM would still own an Ancient Aurora with a ZPM.
              Of course it would, unless our shields can withstand hundreds of drones which I doubt. I said match it could go either way. With a ZPM its overkill.

We don't know how strong the Ancient shields would be with a ZPM, presumely being ancient shields with an ancient powersource it would be more effective than Asgard shields and an Ancient powersource.
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                Of course it would, unless our shields can withstand hundreds of drones which I doubt. I said match it could go either way. With a ZPM its overkill.

We don't know how strong the Ancient shields would be with a ZPM, presumely being ancient shields with an ancient powersource it would be more effective than Asgard shields and an Ancient powersource.
                Not only that, but Asgard shields use a buffer system, unlike Ancient shields which use a direct-power system. A ZPM would vastly improve Ancient shields, but may not ultimately do that much for Asgard shielding without a resdesigned buffer as well.

Comment

Not only that, but Asgard shields use a buffer system, unlike Ancient shields which use a direct-power system. A ZPM would vastly improve Ancient shields, but may not ultimately do that much for Asgard shielding without a resdesigned buffer as well.
                  Well if Ancient ship shields were even 100th as power efficient as Atlantis when it comes to ZPMs then they'd be many thousands of times stronger than Asgard shields when it comes to adding a ZPM.
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Regular Ancient ship shields are inferior to the Asgard or Ori. Time and again shown on SGA.

With a ZPM, it wouldn't add too much, otherwise the Wraith would never be able to take a Aurora with a ZPM.

Plus the color scheme backs me up.

Ancient REGULAR ship shield are inferior.

Of course we will never know for sure, since supposedly, the real Ancient Aurora's can never be found. And very oddly, even though Asurans can make ZPM like AA batteries, they did not install a ZPM on their Auroras (as we are all assuming). And supposedly for even more bizzaro reason their Auroras were inferior to the Ancients (do get real). Hog Wash.

The Aurora's are/were not all that great = So Wraith defeated the Ancients.

Comment

Obviously you can see the drones ripping the hive apart, but you cannot see individual ones, can you? NO! You can see streams of them, which is to be expected since hundreds (if not thousands) were launched.

Also, drones are not the size of darts! The ones you see in "No Man's Land" only appear large due to the relative distance between you and the drones and you and the darts. Here:

Drone compared to human
                      Dart compared to human

You are wrong. I'm sorry, but there it is directly from the show.
                      I cant believe this, it's like talking to a wall, no matter what proof i show, you will not change your mind. Aurora's do not have pulses. This is just like when we first saw the ship in the volcano episode, all the fans started speculating on it's weapon's capabilities and many claimed it had a beam weapon (the pointy thing on the side we now know as sensors).

Now all the aurora fan's are claiming that Asuran Aurora's are not quite as good as the Ancient ones, which is complete bs, as, Asuran's can make exact duplicates of ZPM's and Ancient city ship's, yet somehow they cannot design Aurora's that are on par with the Ancient ones.

You know why don't you prove it to me that Aurora's have pulse weapons and drones are superior than the Asgard beam weapons and they indeed can penetrate Asgard shields.

Comment

I cant believe this, it's like talking to a wall, no matter what proof i show, you will not change your mind. Aurora's do not have pulses. This is just like when we first saw the ship in the volcano episode, all the fans started speculating on it's weapon's capabilities and many claimed it had a beam weapon (the pointy thing on the side we now know as sensors).

Now all the aurora fan's are claiming that Asuran Aurora's are not quite as good as the Ancient ones, which is complete bs, as, Asuran's can make exact duplicates of ZPM's and Ancient city ship's, yet somehow they cannot design Aurora's that are on par with the Ancient ones.

You know why don't you prove it to me that Aurora's have pulse weapons and drones are superior than the Asgard beam weapons and they indeed can penetrate Asgard shields.
                        Pulse Weapons/Point-defense energy weaponry: "Be All My Sins Remember'd" when the darts/302s attack an Aurora and later on in several shots.

Drones = Asgard Beam: That can't be proven at present, but we know drones shred Ancient-upgraded ha'tak in seconds, and they may also phase through Asgard shielding just as easily (now that I've proven to you that those things in "Lifeline" weren't drones).

Drones Petentrating Shields: We also have no evidence for this, but in "The Return, Part 2," we see a drone impact a jumper's shields. Now the effects make it near-impossible to know whether or not the drone hit and bounced off or slid in and out of the shield, but if we can get TPTB to confirm that one way or another it will at least tell us if drones can phase through Ancient shields.

Thingy on Side: How do we know that's sensors? Just curious, as I honestly don't remember hearing that.

Asuran Aurora vs. Ancient Aurora: That is a valid argument, actually. Whenever we saw an Aurora under the control of Asurans, they fired only a handful of drones in a massive assault on their own homeworld. That's idiotic, and obviously due to the writers wanting to give us a chance; drones from several to 30 cruiers would have decimated at least the Wraith forces instantly, and the Travelers probably would've gone next. Anyone who seriously believes the Auroras we fought at Asuras to be true proof of their strength is, quite frankly, not thinking this though enough.

Me Being a Wall: What, because I proved you wrong?

Comment

You have not proven anything, in-fact you just proved your self wrong.-

Drones Petentrating Shields: We also have no evidence for this, but in "The Return, Part 2," we see a drone impact a jumper's shields
                          It can bounce off a jumper's shield yet somehow it can penetrate right through asgard shield's... !#@$#^& .. ???? - what kind of logic is that ?

Asuran Aurora vs. Ancient Aurora: That is a valid argument, actually. Whenever we saw an Aurora under the control of Asurans, they fired only a handful of drones in a massive assault on their own homeworld. That's idiotic, and obviously due to the writers wanting to give us a chance; drones from several to 30 cruiers would have decimated at least the Wraith forces instantly, and the Travelers probably would've gone next. Anyone who seriously believes the Auroras we fought at Asuras to be true proof of their strength is, quite frankly, not thinking this though enough.
                          Why ?
                          Because you say so ?
                          I don't care if it's "idiotic", if that's how the writers made it, then its' canon.

BAMSR, Drones fired at daedalus, go watch it again.

Comment

Bold:

You have not proven anything, in-fact you just proved your self wrong.-

It can bounce off a jumper's shield yet somehow it can penetrate right through asgard shield's... !#@$#^& .. ???? - what kind of logic is that ?

We don't KNOW if it bounced off the jumper's shield... the effect's (as I said) make it look ambiguous as to whether it bounced off or slipped through.

Why ?
                            Because you say so ?
                            I don't care if it's "idiotic", if that's how the writers made it, then its' canon.

BAMSR, Drones fired at daedalus, go watch it again.

I dunno... we know drones come from one central area on an Aurora thanks to "No Man's Land," and those yellow blasts (which were also quite large...) were coming from the side of the ship, not the drone hatch. My guess is just an energy weapon.

Comment

Watch the video, find it on youtube, they are drones fired in pack's of 12, two dozen in total fired at the daedalus.

Watch the first asuran episode in niam's flashback, they show ancient aurora's and other ship's firing drones from the bow of the ship, also, watch Mortal Coil, drones are fired at the replicater atlantis, here , let me help-
                              Now before you claim these are "pulses", let me tell you they are't going in a straight line.
                              http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...lcoil0661.html

These are not fired in groups yet you can still see single individual drones from this distance.
                              http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...lcoil0662.html

some more.
                              http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...lcoil0663.html
                              http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...lcoil0665.html
                              http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...lcoil0666.html
                              http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...lcoil0667.html

.. Wait, let me guess, you think they are energy weapon's or because they are Asuran drones so they cannot pass through Asgard shields.

Comment

Watch the video, find it on youtube, they are drones fired in pack's of 12, two dozen in total fired at the daedalus.

Watch the first asuran episode in niam's flashback, they show ancient aurora's and other ship's firing drones from the bow of the ship, also, watch Mortal Coil, drones are fired at the replicater atlantis, here , let me help-
                                Now before you claim these are "pulses", let me tell you they are't going in a straight line.

These are not fired in groups yet you can still see single individual drones from this distance.
                                http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...lcoil0662.html

some more.
                                http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...lcoil0663.html
                                http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...lcoil0665.html
                                http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...lcoil0666.html
                                http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s4/4...lcoil0667.html

.. Wait, let me guess, you think they are energy weapon's or because they are Asuran drones so they cannot pass through Asgard shields.
                                Obviously those are drones... but I don't see where you're going in terms of BAMSR.

Comment

Working...
                                X