304 deploys Stryker Combat Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's think more systematically here.

1) What is the purpose of a 304 deploying ground vehicles?

2)Based on that purpose, does the vehicle need to be fast and stealthy or slower, but heavily armed and armored?
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

honestly you dont need ground vehicals when you have a 304 for 302s for air support

Comment

i dont think they would be all that usful to deploy from 304s but i think they would be good to send through the stargate

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
        Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
          i dont think they would be all that usful to deploy from 304s but i think they would be good to send through the stargate
          but if they get disabled in front of the gate you cut every one off

Comment

Originally posted by Davesg-43 View Post
            honestly you dont need ground vehicals when you have a 304 for 302s for air support
            So why do we have tanks and APCs when we have bombers for air support?
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
              So why do we have tanks and APCs when we have bombers for air support?
              You are saying to get B-52s?

Comment

Originally posted by Amb. Shepphard(ARC) View Post
                You are saying to get B-52s?
                I am saying that having a lot of flying things doesn't mean you won't need to do any ground operations. F304 may be good for many things, but capturing and holding territory ain't one of them.

Comment

Yes that is very true but what about long term deployment?

With a stryker team, they can be deployed to a planet for weeks. And The locals could be taught how to run a repair the vechical and then the team would no longer have to stay there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                    Yes that is very true but what about long term deployment?

With a stryker team, they can be deployed to a planet for weeks. And The locals could be taught how to run a repair the vechical and then the team would no longer have to stay there.
                    well APCs and tanks are a good choise, but off world tanks and APC run out of fuel, and i dont think you can always keep bringing fuel through the gate and if it gets cut off you dont have anymore fuel

Comment

well APCs and tanks are a good choise, but off world tanks and APC run out of fuel, and i dont think you can always keep bringing fuel through the gate and if it gets cut off you dont have anymore fuel
                      fit them with a naquadah reactor... they seemingly last for a long time without needing to be re-fueled
                      Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

True, but you could always use vehicles that use electric engines and run them with a naquadah generator.

Comment

Originally posted by titan_hq View Post
                          fit them with a naquadah reactor... they seemingly last for a long time without needing to be re-fueled
                          well if the vehicals get disabled and captured the enemy will have the naquida generators

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Nuke View Post
                            Is it possible that we can deploy Strykers on their missions? It would give them much protection and command and control centers.

The 304s would have to send 2 or 3of this vehicles on a hostile planets, it is also possible to provide protection from culling. And a antireplicator gun will replace the .50 cal in specioal missions agaist the azurans.
                            Mte, i hve been having the same notion to deploy Strykers with the SG teams, it seems like a pracatical thing to do (considering how many times we've seen Sg teams being blind sided by a hidden enemy).
                            Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Or you could just shut the off when not using them. And run off the batteries to operate the remote firing system. Fuel rationing.

Comment

Working...
                              X