• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah the avenger is a good vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by Davesg-43 View Post
      yeah the avenger is a good vehicle
      I know and its quite easy to fire and everything(if you know what your're doing). And it has a .50 cal to defense against other vehicles and buildings but it can fire at aircrafts and it only has 200 rounds

Comment

Originally posted by Amb. Shepphard(ARC) View Post
        I know and its quite easy to fire and everything(if you know what your're doing).
        well stingers are pretty dumbed down all you have to do is point and shoot

Comment

well stingers are pretty dumbed down all you have to do is point and shoot
          No, there is more than point and shoot.

Comment

i know but its pretty simple though

Comment

i know but its pretty simple though
              Only if you know what you are doing. Do you even know how to shoot one?

Comment

Only if you know what you are doing. Do you even know how to shoot one?
                no not really but my friend works with stingers in the army

Comment

I'm not quite forsure what size of cannon they have on the sryker but the 20 or 30mm would destroy any dart that it hit. I have no idea if it is a effective anti air weapon but it would be use full for repealing an attack.

IMO that would be enough to deploy a styker.

Instead of deploying a stryker that carried troops mod it so the main weapon lowers into the main hull and then also put a naq generator in the back. This way the stryker might be able to fit through the gate.

To me, if you deploy this weapon along with stingers to most of the inhabitated worlds you can repeal a lot of cullings, and if worst comes to worst denotate the reactor.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                    I'm not quite forsure what size of cannon they have on the sryker but the 20 or 30mm would destroy any dart that it hit. I have no idea if it is a effective anti air weapon but it would be use full for repealing an attack.

IMO that would be enough to deploy a styker.

Instead of deploying a stryker that carried troops mod it so the main weapon lowers into the main hull and then also put a naq generator in the back. This way the stryker might be able to fit through the gate.

To me, if you deploy this weapon along with stingers to most of the inhabitated worlds you can repeal a lot of cullings, and if worst comes to worst denotate the reactor.
                    stryker's armor is not that strong and it presents a huge target for darts

Comment

So far in Stargate the small team of people on foot has been fairly successful. What about a vehicle that reinforces this concept? Maybe a MALP or a quad bike with a naquadah generator and an extendable Tok'ra shield (along the lines of the 'bubble shield' in halo) that gives SG teams extra cover?

As much as I would love to see a tank or a LAV in Stargate I think the tactics used by most SG teams seems to be more along the lines of a covert ops mission (or guerrilla warfare) and I think vehicles that enhance these tactics are the way to go.

Comment

no not really but my friend works with stingers in the army
                        Its not easy, when the Americans give the Afgans a whole bunch of stringers, we just taught some of them how to use it and most of them were firing them from hosres and not on their shoulders and they just pressed the tigger button .Well whats his MOS then.

Comment

stryker's armor is not that strong and it presents a huge target for darts
                          Yes but..

The darts like the death gliders have one weakness, its that they can only shoot straight, so you don't allow the dart to make a bombing run then you will be fine.

Along with a squad of men with stingers that should be enough to repeal an attack by a single crusier.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                            Yes but..

The darts like the death gliders have one weakness, its that they can only shoot straight, so you don't allow the dart to make a bombing run then you will be fine.

Along with a squad of men with stingers that should be enough to repeal an attack by a single crusier.
                            But as soon as they fire the Stringer, they have to move out and take the lunch tube with them. And squad of men with stringers will not take down a crusier.

Comment

Its not easy, when the Americans give the Afgans a whole bunch of stringers, we just taught some of them how to use it and most of them were firing them from hosres and not on their shoulders and they just pressed the tigger button .Well whats his MOS then.
                              he didn't say

Comment

he didn't say
                                Too bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X