No announcement yet.

304 deploys Stryker Combat Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could modify a PJ to be able to do that. There is plenty of space and it has a cloak. If you add a couple of rail guns it would be perfect with the added benefit of being able to fly instead of just going over ground.
    Best quotes ever:
    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
    Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
    Thor:I like the yellow ones
    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

I always wondered why earth never developed a small APC type of craft like the Puddle Jumpers/Tel'Tek cargo ships. I mean, it's REALLY baffling me. Just look how many times either of those things have come in handy! Even if it only had a short range hyperdrive, like the Tel'tek, a mild sheild, and limited weapons such as a few short range guided missiles and a single rail gun, it would be an incredible asset! Toss in a cloak and it would be an awesome asset.

Seriously, I don't think a ground based type of APC/C&C vehicle would be a good idea. Too easy to spot and shoot at. And if you're going to put a sheild and/or cloak on it, why not just make a ship instead? At that point, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to just make one, considering all the systems already on it.

On the other hand, a small gate accessable type of APC with a sheild could be quite useful. The MALP's are ok for simple and light work, but anything more and you'd really need something more substantial.
      Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
      Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla View Post
        I always wondered why earth never developed a small APC type of craft like the Puddle Jumpers/Tel'Tek cargo ships. I mean, it's REALLY baffling me. Just look how many times either of those things have come in handy! Even if it only had a short range hyperdrive, like the Tel'tek, a mild sheild, and limited weapons such as a few short range guided missiles and a single rail gun, it would be an incredible asset! Toss in a cloak and it would be an awesome asset.

Seriously, I don't think a ground based type of APC/C&C vehicle would be a good idea. Too easy to spot and shoot at. And if you're going to put a sheild and/or cloak on it, why not just make a ship instead? At that point, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to just make one, considering all the systems already on it.

On the other hand, a small gate accessable type of APC with a sheild could be quite useful. The MALP's are ok for simple and light work, but anything more and you'd really need something more substantial.
        I think we have everything we really need in a jumper, if we could manufacture our own versions it would be great, even easier now we have the asgard core. Maybe if we attach a mk2NG to it and have a hyperdrive it would be even better.
        Best quotes ever:
        O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
        Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
        Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
        O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

a gate vehicle would be nice. and the problem with a ship is we use up materials for 304's. ground vehicles dont. you can go to some factory, with a design[leave out alien tech] and let them make it, and fit in the alien tech yourself. wont be hard to fit in raillguns, shields, and a naquahdah genertor. some sensors and youre ready. for a ship you need specific hulls, inertial dampeners, etc etc yada yada. you cant make them fast. as anything built fast is with lots of earth tech in it. 302's are so easily built. 90% of the craft can be built by companies without leaving them in the dark.

Comment

I had just get the idea from Tiberium wars...dropping APCs at hostile territories.

Also tanks like Abrams are only effective against another tank. Stryker are a lot more mobile and compact and can easily cover under trees. It can also fit through the gate because it can be airlifted by a C-130. And it carries more advances comms than other armored vehicle in the world.

Also the Soldiers inside the Stryker can carry machineguns and Stinger missiles to shoot down Darts.

Comment

I think they can better jus boxers than a Stryker

A boxer is a new Dutch/ German modular IFV that can be adapted to any situation and function

It will be wise to replace the diesel engine wit a electric one powered by a small N generator
              sorry cant spell

Comment

Originally posted by kefke20 View Post
                I think they can better jus boxers than a Stryker

A boxer is a new Dutch/ German modular IFV that can be adapted to any situation and function

It will be wise to replace the diesel engine wit a electric one powered by a small N generator
                If a small rail-gun turret or even just a conventional 20mm cannon was put on it, like the LAV-25/300 it would be a decent gate vehicle.

Off topic: Britain is considering getting these..! Awesome.
                Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by USMCgrunt View Post
                  I second that. During my third tour in Iraq when the Army first started to deploy the Stryker we began calling them "8 wheel coffins" because we would constantly see them blown up or on fire from IED's. I would rather be in a uparmored humvee or Cougar than one of those death traps. Now a LAV-25 would be pretty cool with the 25mm chain gun on top.
                  From soldier's accounts I have heard the opposite. The Stryker is performing quite well from all reports. You do realize that the Stryker is an LAV, right?

Comment

Originally posted by OakRidge View Post
                    From soldier's accounts I have heard the opposite. The Stryker is performing quite well from all reports. You do realize that the Stryker is an LAV, right?
                    The US Army Stryker and the USMC LAV-25 are NOT the same vehicle, although they share an almost identicle design.
                    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by USMCgrunt View Post
                      I second that. During my third tour in Iraq when the Army first started to deploy the Stryker we began calling them "8 wheel coffins" because we would constantly see them blown up or on fire from IED's. I would rather be in a uparmored humvee or Cougar than one of those death traps. Now a LAV-25 would be pretty cool with the 25mm chain gun on top.
                      well ide prefer to be in a HH60 Pave hawk where its safe

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Nuke View Post
                        I had just get the idea from Tiberium wars...dropping APCs at hostile territories.

Also tanks like Abrams are only effective against another tank. Stryker are a lot more mobile and compact and can easily cover under trees. It can also fit through the gate because it can be airlifted by a C-130. And it carries more advances comms than other armored vehicle in the world.

Also the Soldiers inside the Stryker can carry machineguns and Stinger missiles to shoot down Darts.
                        Make it fly, add a few heavier armaments, a sheild generators and there you have it
                        Best quotes ever:

Comment

Originally posted by OakRidge View Post
                          ewll my buddies coming home from Iraq said something else, he said they cant take tight turns well, his stryker almost flipped over a couple time

Comment

Originally posted by Mardius View Post
                            (pre prometheus and odyssey) YOU try dropping a striker or abrams down the silo and fitting it up the ramp and through the gate
                            They lifted the gate in there, which is made out of naquadah, I´m sure it´s about as heavy as a Stryker...

AS for using a Stryker, I think an M1A2 would be more effective against Jaffa and such, possibly against the Genii too, but the Wraith´s air support could end it real quick unless it would have shields.

Comment

an M A2 can take a hell of a lot more than a stryker can take, the styker flips over, it ill armored and it not very well armed

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Nuke View Post

But they need to come out to reload the stringers. And you have to make you the new stringer in the Missile Pod right or else it wont fire. I missile pod could only hold 4 Stringers in it. And to hold a Stringer on your shoulders in the middle of you battle is going to get you a lot a attendation. You could be in this it will keep you safe and you can fire and the Hummvee can be moving at the same time and you can track 16 targets in the air. The only time you have to get out is to reload.
                                Last edited by Rudy Pena; 30 December 2007, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X