Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PROOF: Aurora-class has more than drones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to me the entire odyssey thing is like this: the oddy has its own standard powersource and is integrated nto the entire powergrid. then they got a zpm, and integrated it aswell. now they got a asgard computercore with a powercore, wich is tied to the powersystems but not integrated. the zpm can power the computercore, but doesnt. the powercore can power the ship but doesnt. the problem was caused due to the statement"the timedialation field is powered by the zpm and the powercore". carter MADE the zpm power it, or perhaps the core did it itself. but the point is, bot are capable of powering the ship and the computercore. its just, both powersources are separated from eachother, because otherwise the ori could track them.

spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    fun fact:
    in AOT if the core is switched on the ori can track em.
    in unending the core is tied to the hyperdrive. this makes the ori able to track em. so without the core attached to the hyperdrive, the ori can just track em in space

Comment

RE: tracking the Odyssey via Asgard core

Spoiler:
      Think of it this way. In an overcast night with no lights to provide illumination, you can't see me. However, if I light a lantern, you can find me with no problem. Turning on the Asgard core is like lighting a lantern in the dark: Odyssey instantly gives away its position.

The light is so bright that the Ori ships can find Odyssey wherever it goes. The instant it drops out of hyperspace and starts shining its light around, the Ori ships make to intercept and attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
        Vala's right, the asgard core is NOT a powersource. It's a computer that has its own powersource - thus not dependent on the ship's zpm.
        That's true, the Asgard core is the actual computer. However it has it's own power source. We saw in 'Unending' they re-routed power conduits throughout the ship into it. Then let the Ori weapons blasts channel through it to generate enough power to activate the time-dilation technology which was installed into the new Asgard core.

So obviously this power source that powers the Asgard core could be used to power other things if they made some necessary changes.

However the smart thing to do is create a few of these power sources throughout the ship then run various systems off them, that combined with the original power source of the 304, will give an instant boost to shields, hyperdrive, weapons or whatever when needed!

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
          That's true, the Asgard core is the actual computer. However it has it's own power source. We saw in 'Unending' they re-routed power conduits throughout the ship into it. Then let the Ori weapons blasts channel through it to generate enough power to activate the time-dilation technology which was installed into the new Asgard core.

So obviously this power source that powers the Asgard core could be used to power other things if they made some necessary changes.

However the smart thing to do is create a few of these power sources throughout the ship then run various systems off them, that combined with the original power source of the 304, will give an instant boost to shields, hyperdrive, weapons or whatever when needed!
          Yep, the core has some kind of a powersource but we don't exactly know how much power that generates/containes. I guess it was specifically designed to power the core which might not require so much juice. In fact that mysterious powersource's power output could very well be even less than our naq generators'. I'm not saying those people who say that it can power all the ship's systems are necessarily wrong. I'm saying that for all we know it could be much less or much more powerful than what we already use.

Comment

It's entirely possible that the actual Asgard core don't take up much power requirements. Meaning it only needs a little flimsy power source to operate it.

However if you think thatr it could channel an Ori weapons blast, then have enough power to to use time-dilation technology that took them back in time all those years. Then I think it must be pretty good. Maybe not as powerful as the standard power source of a 304 or anywhere near that of a ZPM. Perhaps better than anything else they have like Naq genny's etc. So installing a few around the ship to help boost certain systems might be a good idea.

However I doubt it'll happen because if it is powerful & they can duplicate it easily enough. Then it'll be stupid that the Atlantis team are looking for ZPM's to power the place, when they could easily install a few Asgard powersources around the city to run things.

Me thinks, they're far more likely not to abbreviate on this subject than they are to start having them powering Atlantis or the 304's etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
              It's entirely possible that the actual Asgard core don't take up much power requirements. Meaning it only needs a little flimsy power source to operate it.

However if you think thatr it could channel an Ori weapons blast, then have enough power to to use time-dilation technology that took them back in time all those years. Then I think it must be pretty good. Maybe not as powerful as the standard power source of a 304 or anywhere near that of a ZPM. Perhaps better than anything else they have like Naq genny's etc. So installing a few around the ship to help boost certain systems might be a good idea.

However I doubt it'll happen because if it is powerful & they can duplicate it easily enough. Then it'll be stupid that the Atlantis team are looking for ZPM's to power the place, when they could easily install a few Asgard powersources around the city to run things.

Me thinks, they're far more likely not to abbreviate on this subject than they are to start having them powering Atlantis or the 304's etc.
              I would tend to agree, it's more like a control center, like a computer that controls a factory, little power powers the computer comparted to the machines in the factory.
              Best quotes ever:
              O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
              Jack O'neill: I hope you diplomatically told him where to shove it.
              Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
              Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
              Thor:I like the yellow ones
              O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                to me the entire odyssey thing is like this: the oddy has its own standard powersource and is integrated nto the entire powergrid. then they got a zpm, and integrated it aswell. now they got a asgard computercore with a powercore, wich is tied to the powersystems but not integrated. the zpm can power the computercore, but doesnt. the powercore can power the ship but doesnt. the problem was caused due to the statement"the timedialation field is powered by the zpm and the powercore". carter MADE the zpm power it, or perhaps the core did it itself. but the point is, bot are capable of powering the ship and the computercore. its just, both powersources are separated from eachother, because otherwise the ori could track them.

spoilers:
                Spoiler:
                fun fact:
                in AOT if the core is switched on the ori can track em.
                in unending the core is tied to the hyperdrive. this makes the ori able to track em. so without the core attached to the hyperdrive, the ori can just track em in space
                I always hated that "Tracking" stuff, plus, it just ruins the whole idea of the core because the core is like the Atlantis database, for research and learning. Unless the Ori were the only race that could track it and it can be kept on now all the time.

And why did it matter if the Ori could track them? Those beam weapons can destroy their ships, so let them track the Odyssey and drop out of hyperspace and blast all their ships. I know, this won't happen now that the Ori are defeated in the movie but that is what they should have done.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                  * SPOILERS FOR "BE ALL MY SINS REMEMBER'D"*

Okay, watch this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FsHqkzYWSv4

Now, at 00:13, you can quite clearly see the Auroras firing NON-DRONE energy weaponry, thus proving that the turrets first seen in "Aurora" and "No Man's Land" do, in fact, work.
                  that video was awsome

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                    I always hated that "Tracking" stuff, plus, it just ruins the whole idea of the core because the core is like the Atlantis database, for research and learning. Unless the Ori were the only race that could track it and it can be kept on now all the time.

And why did it matter if the Ori could track them? Those beam weapons can destroy their ships, so let them track the Odyssey and drop out of hyperspace and blast all their ships. I know, this won't happen now that the Ori are defeated in the movie but that is what they should have done.

Vala,
                    The tracking doesn't make a whole load of sense, it's a computer core not an emiter of any kind, what makes it so special. Also why weren't the asgard ships tracked throughout SG1? I don't think they should keep the core on the oddy because it's too precious, they should at least make copies of everything.

AoT spoiler
                    Spoiler:
                    The oddy takes one hell of a bashing but the sheilds still don't fail, it's trully cool. Also they have the core separate from the oddys systems though it can still control them because it's a control center.
                    Best quotes ever:
                    O’NEILL: I hope you like Guinness, Sir. I find it a refreshing substitute for food.
                    Teal'c:If you once again try to harm me or one of my companions, my patience with you will expire.
                    Carter: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water.
                    O´Neill:Hey, if you had been listening, you´d know that Nintendos pass through everything.

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
                      The tracking doesn't make a whole load of sense, it's a computer core not an emiter of any kind, what makes it so special.
                      When the core is online, it probably draws a lot of power, hence the need for its own power source. The power output most likely makes the Odyssey much more easy to find on sensors.

Also why weren't the asgard ships tracked throughout SG1?
                      Earth sensor technology was woefully inadequate to penetrate the Asgard stealth technologies employed on board their ships.

Comment

Spoiler:
                        in AOT they say the upgrades were put on the Apollo by now, so we can assume they transfered all info off the core and into area 51.
                        Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                          When the core is online, it probably draws a lot of power, hence the need for its own power source. The power output most likely makes the Odyssey much more easy to find on sensors.

Earth sensor technology was woefully inadequate to penetrate the Asgard stealth technologies employed on board their ships.
                          I wasn't talking about earth, I meant like the goa'uld and the replicators (though we don't know they couldn't).

It could give off some kind of very unique radiation that can be tracked and where the asgard made the core specifically for earth it would explain why it's only them that are tracked.
                          Best quotes ever:

Comment

I wasn't talking about earth, I meant like the goa'uld and the replicators (though we don't know they couldn't).

It could give off some kind of very unique radiation that can be tracked and where the asgard made the core specifically for earth it would explain why it's only them that are tracked.
                            As advanced as the Goa'uld are, they're not even in the same league as the Ori ships' technology, except, maybe for Anubis.

The Replicators may not be, either, though as you say, we can't really know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                              As advanced as the Goa'uld are, they're not even in the same league as the Ori ships' technology, except, maybe for Anubis.

The Replicators may not be, either, though as you say, we can't really know that.
                              the replicators would own the ori....i would put them in the same league
                              Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                              Anime signature in spoiler tag
                              Spoiler:
                              Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Considering the fact that the core is - frankly - tiny compared to the rest of the ship, it stands to reason that the small "power source" serves no function greater than that of the (probably about the same sized) power source of a DHD, or of the Tantalus repository, etc.

Ie, to power the systems contained within the units themselves. Primary ships systems, on the other hand, require an energy source capable of delivering a high power (wattage, amperage, etc) sustained power flow. Normally this is achieved through energy GENERATION systems, where matter (commonly in the form of fissionable material) is converted into energy at a rate much higher than is capable of being delivered from lesser power sources. This is the reason why you can't simply hook 20 Naquadah generators up to a gate and dial Pegasus, or power Atlantis' shield. In Atlantis, 6 generators provide enough power flow to the conduits to keep the lights on and dial the gate locally, but not enough to power the shield.

The MAIN reason for this within the Stargate universe is that often, power generation isn't the problem, it's miniaturization of these facilities to an appropriate size for transport. The notable exception to this case, however, is the ZPM - which, rather than converting conventional elements into energy, simply draws "vaccuum energy" from subspace (a dodgy concept, but one with an obvious benefit nonetheless). By avoiding the conventional approaches of fission/fusion reactions, you avoid the heat and chemical reaction rate problems which plague conventional power generation technologies. For example, a nuclear reactor must be efficiently cooled to prevent "meltdown" and contain the harmful reactants - this reduces the overall wattage of the system, and causes large amounts of energy to be lost through transfer to the surroundings. A ZPM essentially operates as a heatless, 100% efficient closed-system; a method that no other race, so far as we know, has mastered.

The likelihood is that the "power source" in the Asgard computer core is simply a small device similar to a Naquadah generator or DHD fusion reactor. Small, low power flow, and practically useless compared to the ZPM for powering primary systems.

Anyone who tries to argue the other side of the point is, frankly, an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                                X