Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PROOF: Aurora-class has more than drones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
    Those neutrino generators did power their ships but Odyssey had super shield strength in Unending and Ark of Truth so it is obvious that the ZPM was not powering all systems. The ZPM cannot do what it did by powering every inch of the ship. The Asgard power source must power other things otherwise there is a huge plot hole.
    There's no plot hole.

1. The Odyssey has its own built-in power source, most likely powered by naqahdah generators like Prometheus was.
    2. A ZPM was added to the Odyssey at the time of the Atlantis episode "Echoes" and SG-1's "The Shroud".
    3. Later, an Asgard "core" was added to the ship and it came with its own power source so as not to be a drain on the ZPM and Odyssey's own, original power generation system.

I'm guessing that people think that if you take the Asgard core (and associated power source) offline that Odyssey will just stop dead in space. That's not the case. The only thing affected will be the Asgard core and any technologies directly reliant on the core (time dilation, matter replication, etc.). There is no indication ever given that the weapons and shields installed at the same time are reliant on the core or its power source.

Take off the Asgard Core's power source and you have a ZPM-enhanced ship. Take off the ZPM and you have a standard ship.

Comment

^ Give this man a gold star. LOL
      sigpic
      Spoiler:
      Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
      *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
      DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
      DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
        I thought that was common knowledge, thats why the ZPM was nearly depleted after power the ship for x amount of years.
        i disagree, why would the asgard not give us a power core? it might be as strong as a zpm and very handy because we cant reproduce zpms, so i think that they did have a asgard power core, and what thor meant was that the computer core would not infringe on the zpm, but the power core can power the shields etc
        Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
        Anime signature in spoiler tag
        Spoiler:
        Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Originally posted by umopapisdn View Post
          I thought that was common knowledge, thats why the ZPM was nearly depleted after power the ship for x amount of years.
          Apparently not, most people thought that they had an Asgard power core to power the Odyssey as well.

It's just like when almost everyone thought that Naqahdah was spelled the way it sounds.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
            i disagree, why would the asgard not give us a power core? it might be as strong as a zpm and very handy because we cant reproduce zpms, so i think that they did have a asgard power core, and what thor meant was that the computer core would not infringe on the zpm, but the power core can power the shields etc
            To speak to the point of the bolded portion of the quote…

Some thing would have to exist in the first place in order for them to give it to us.

There is no Asgard Power Core so there for they cannot give us something that doesn’t exist.
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
            DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Because Neutrino Ion Generators are apparently as large as the Prometheus was if you go by the schematics in "Nemesis" and later episodes showing the Prometheus alongside Asgard ships.

Vala,

Comment

Maybe the asgard power core can also supply additional energy to the other systems when the computer core is not using it at 100%.
                That way gain additional power for every system or in this case the shields.
                Combine that with a zpm and you gain a fair amount of power that you can use to bolster systems that need extra power like hyperdrive/shields/weapons.

This is the only way i could see the oddesy surveing in the ark of truth

Comment

Lol. The internet.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                    Because Neutrino Ion Generators are apparently as large as the Prometheus was if you go by the schematics in "Nemesis" and later episodes showing the Prometheus alongside Asgard ships.

Vala,
                    that was the old design on the berserker class ships, perhaps the made it smaller for the oneal class ships
                    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                    Spoiler:
                    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

that was the old design on the berserker class ships, perhaps the made it smaller for the oneal class ships
                      If a society as advanced as the Asgard can't get them smaller than Prometheus size, I highly doubt that they're getting any smaller.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post

i just have to say that the space battle a little ways into the clip between i think the asurans, wraith and humans looks like it is goig to be one hell of a battle. now that looks like a space battle that i am looking forward to

Comment

Yeah the asguard ships totally dwarfed the Prometheus, The Goua'ld motherships had massive power sources, if you look at the shield generation chamber in Apophis' mothership from the Season 1 finale and the Generator room in Anubis' supership.

Comment

Originally posted by apollo22 View Post
                            i just have to say that the space battle a little ways into the clip between i think the asurans, wraith and humans looks like it is goig to be one hell of a battle. now that looks like a space battle that i am looking forward to
                            This is going to be one super awesome episode, i wish it was already Jan 4!

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                              If a society as advanced as the Asgard can't get them smaller than Prometheus size, I highly doubt that they're getting any smaller.

Vala,
                              perhaps they had no use to make it smaller because large ships was good enough for them we dont know how long they used berserker class ships, say it was 1,000 years ago during that 1,000 years alot of development can occur, look at our culture 100 years ago we barely got electricity, imagine another 900?
                              Spoiler:

Comment

perhaps they had no use to make it smaller because large ships was good enough for them we dont know how long they used berserker class ships, say it was 1,000 years ago during that 1,000 years alot of development can occur, look at our culture 100 years ago we barely got electricity, imagine another 900?
                                Could be but there's a limit to how small things can be made.

Vala,

Comment

Working...
                                X